Scottish Runners

Comments

• I ran (or shuffled in a painful manner) a few miles last week, but then went down with a post-marathon cold. Today was my first run again. I have to say it was nice to run without feeling stiff, just a shame I flt knackered running a minute a mile slower than I was doing for my 'painful' runs last week.

• Tricia- depending on what sort of running you like, a couple of East Coast delights are:

Forfar multi-terrain half marathon in February- as it says on the packet!

Smokies Ladies only 10 mile road race (usually early March) in Arbroath. Entries will be open for this at the end of this month (Arbroath Footers website) and I can thoroughly recommend it as a great race, with views and a good feed, spot prizes etc afterwards. It does book up quickly.

• Thanks for race ideas............might look at some of those.

Know what you mean about being first to enter a race, TP- wouldn't it be embarassing to end up with race number 1..................people might think I'm 'sposed to be good.image

• I had number 1 for Lochaber last year, i kept trying to cover it upimage. Need to read back again.
  • Hope you made your way to the front to start off first karen image

Smokies is great, should def go for that tricialitt. I missed this year's due to my broken ankle but still went up for my cake image

• Well, I've been reduced to lurking since August - so biiiiiiigg congrats to all of you, you've been doing so much and so well image.

I did my marshalling at the 10K, which I enjoyed, but the club members completely blanked me so I doubt I'll help them again, but I haven't been running due to the side effects of.........expecting a baby image. So, I'll be lurking and wishing you all well each time you race and celebrating your achievements from the sidelines, but I probably won't be posting much - I'll try to be on the route somewhere for the Smokies 10, coz I'll be about 8 months then and will definitely not be trying to run it! But I'll be back for it in 2011, I hope.....

• remohremoh ✭✭✭

hello all image going run tonight first sicne LN

i had number 1 at clova one year

RJ imageimageimageimageimage

• Aw congratulations RJ - um, Ithink ??? image  I'll be on the lookout for a heavily expectant spectator at Smokies image

Tut tut Remoh, just the first one???

• Nigel Barge! good one tigerspaw. set a pb there last year despite being a stone overweight due to mummy dude's clootie dumpling image

the smokies always seems a very popular event. i almost feel like donning my wig and tights.

• Lol Dude, well it was minus 3 at last years 'Barge' so the dumpling probably helped image. I got shouted at by a martial cos they couldnt see my number at the end (well I wasnt taking my fleece off in that temperature imageimage).

Congrats RJ imageimage.

Lowest number Ive had in a race was 5, which in the back 2/3rds of a 'racing snakes' field got me cries of 'Oooh no. 5, how did you get that? Shouldnt you be running faster?' image Errrrrm, by them giving out  the numbers alphabetically by surname image....and in any case I'm overtaking you image image.

• Martial?

Marshall

image They did act like I had broken a law though image

• I imagine all of you are recovering well from Lochness. Running my first race since 2008. 10k , they giive yellow seatshirts with Autumn Breeze on it. Wet down here. Flash flood warnings. Next three days to dry out with cold front. Hope yall have a nice weekend racing.
  • Good Luck Tom, have a good one.

Good Luck for peeps going to Aviemore too.

• Thank yall. Tigerspaw, Bedshaped.
  • Hi All

Glad to hear that the aches and pains are fading just like the 'never again' comments!

Been working down south this week and managed a few runs. Ran from hotel over the Humber Bridge and back, just over 5 miles - super view of the world - not sure it would heve been quite so nice in a wind though.

Tigerspaw - I emailed the organisers of Buchlyvie a month ago and still don't have a reply!

Driving up from the south yesterday I remembered the Aldi running gear day! So swung off the motorway into Manchester and got a stack of stuff. No gloves or sox left though. If it wears as well as the stuff I bought a few years back I'll be pleased with that.

Aviemore half on Sunday image so trying to get hydration levels up and flush out the system after a week in hotels. Drink, pee, drink, pee, drink, pee....... Happy days!!

• Congratulations RJ, hope you're keeping well and bump growing nicely. image. Keep us updated how you're doing.

Hope leggies worked ok Remoh.

Smokies is a nice one, only done it once mind you. Women and cakes, blissimage

Good luck with race Tom.

• Good luck at Aviemore SFC, happy peeing.
  • Tis a natural bodily function, hide no shame SFCimage
  • Hi guys, any info on Balloch to clydebank half in 2010?
  • Oooh dear 'bodily functions'.........I'm off image!

image That just brings back memorys of Loch Ness...and they aint good image.

(Quote from LN handbook): Please consider the environment and do not litter our pristine landscape.

imageUh-Oh image.......at least it was bio-degradable imageimageimage.

Hmmmmm SFC, Buchlyvie is looking more and more like its a no-goer this year. I wonder if the organiser is still stuck over in Myanmar (where is that anyhow? Is that Burma?) doing charity work.

Hi 1e, sorry dont know about B to C, its maybe a bit early for the date to be known yet?

Weekend nearly here Hurrah! Have a good one folks image.

• women and cakes indeed. braw image

good luck at aviemore SFC, looks a lovely race. rothiemurchus is my favourite place. lahvly.

i thought about it, but am gonna take advantage of a rare Sunday off by cutting loose at the after-show party image

parkrunning tomorrow morning though image got my eye on a pb.

• Good luck with the PB Dude and enjoy the after-show bun fight!

Have a good weekend everyone.image

• Good luck for Sunday to all  the Aviemore folk .
  • aha decided to do my bit and marshal the race this morning, although i think the runners had the better deal in the gorgeous but utterly baltic pollok park this morning image

well done to all the runners.

good luck to all those racing and running this weekend.

• Twas a bit on the chilly side in the park.....all these loonies in vest and shorts! Long sleeves, tights, hat and gloves for me! It was a beauty of a morning though.
  • Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........yeah a decided drop in temperature today image.

Nice ride out to Drymen on the hybrid / mtb today, glorious image. Bike making strange clunky noise from gears / back wheel...think its time for a new bike imageimage. Of course I could just use the road bike instead, but thats not half as much fun as looking for a bargain on the internet!

Good Luck all for the Sunday races image.

• What a beautiful day on Glasgow- planned a quick recovery session at the gym (still not fully back in the swing of it after LN), so stayed in later at work than usual, got to the gym, and thought "no- it's sunny. I'll go out............."- ran for longer than I meant to- found a new route, about 10k, then got caught in traffic driving home..so didn't get home 'til nearly 4pm- in trouble from OH image...............he thought I was dead in a ditch!

Men!