Giving up the booze

Comments

• Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuu ...

Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuu ....

Happy Birthday dear Hopetooooooooo ..........

(GASPS FOR AIR FOR THE BIG FINALE)

Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!

Have a wonderful one Hopeto ... make it a special one. Sorry about your friend - I guess that's alcoholism - cunning, baffling and powerful.

Take care all.

D

• I wondered where you were hiding WM, great to hear you in good voice, was it accompanied on the banjo;-)

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Aw HTF, a belated Happy Birthday for yesterday imageimageimage  Sending over a virtual birfday card and cake.
  • Morning all!

Nice singing WM image, belated happy birthday HFT imageimage  and happy friday everyone!

• Morning

HTF - belated birthday wishes to you. Even if it wasn't a brilliant day, we're all thinking of you.

Morning Cinders and elle - hope you're both well.

I'm looking forward to the weekend - I'm off to a wedding (my first ever same sex wedding) tomorrow and it should be a lovely day.

I hope everyone else has a good one! 

• Happy Friday to you too Elle. I'm happy to say that I've done my3 miles this morning. I need to look at the map to seewhere I actually went as I ended up somewhere different than I expected to be! I've got to say it's a pleasure finding put where all the footpaths lead too. I endedup in a lovely orchard today.

Yay- my modem has just arrived, I can get online again and give hubby back his iPhone! Wish me luck I'm not the most techy person!
  • Hi Apps, x posts there. Strange isn't it how something that only a few years ago itwould havebeen unthinkable and most of the population would have dissaproved but now it's completely accepted and no one bats an eyelid. Enjoy your day
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Good luck SL and sending some techy vibes over image

Happy Friday Elle image

Enjoy the wedding tomorrow Apps, hope its a nice day for the couple.

• It didn't work , my phoneline's gone dead, nothing, kaput. So i'm still onthis bloomin iPhone.

One day i'll just get on the Internet normally with no problems
  • imageimageimage  happy happy happy - the BT man turned up at 8 o/clock this morning and now I've got wireless again.  Had to spend about an hour on the phone to Virgin though as it didn't work at first but all seems ok now imageimageimage
  • yaaaay!! well done for getting it sorted, sl image

birthday wishes to htf - sorry it wasn't the best one! sad about your aa buddy. hopefully they'll get sorted again sooner rather than later.

i seem to have finally been able to knock drinking on the head during the week. i don't even think about it now. and most weekends i'm pretty sensible.

had a few beers last night, but none tonight as it's abingdon marathon tomorrow image

• Best of luck for the marathon RD, what time do you think you'll do it in? 

I'm pretty much the same with the booze at the moment.  It all seems to be in control, I've had 5 small stubby bottles of beer over the week and quite a few glasses of wine last night, but not as many as I would normally have.  It's taken me ages to start running again and I don't want to ruin it now.  Only had a few last night as I knew I wasn't running today.  Hubby's started on the wine already but I'm sticking to tea and orange squash as I've got to stagger 5 miles tomorrow, my longest run for months!

I've only run a total of 8 miles so far this week but I've already lost a few pounds, not drinking as much must be helping too, if only cos I don't get the munchies the next day image.

Hope everyone's having a good day and enjoying the sunshine image

Dx

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Best of luck for tomorrow RD, have a good run.

Sounds like you're on a roll SL, keep it up image

Planning a stagger tomorrow too image

• Hope you had a lovely time at the wedding apps. 

Good luck for Abingdon RD!!

SL and Cinders - I'm out for a run tomorrow too, 6 miles for me.

I've been doing ok with drinking too. I'm doing weightwatchers at the moment and it makes me far more conscious of what I'm eating and drinking - can't bring myself to waste too many points on booze! Have had the occasional drink but haven't missed it. Part of the whole thing for me is habit ie getting back from work and having a drink to unwind but a can of Pepsi Max in a nice glass appears to have the same effect!

• Oh and is anyone else addicted to Strictly? Or is it just me? image

• I'm an X Factor addict Elle, that and Coronation Street are my don't miss programmes - Oh and Benidorm - I just love that programme, always makes me laughimage.

Hubby's done a couple of bottles of wine and is now snoring and spluttering -lovely!

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    X factor fan here too image
  • Evening.

Apps - hope the wedding went well.

Just back from a  Battle of Britain dinner and dance run by the Air Cadets.  Very pleasant, and I even managed to avoid the bucks fizz.

Good luck RD at Abingdon- look forward to the race report.

Another X-Factor fan here, I also like Dancing on Ice, and Im a Celebrity (mainly like looking at the sunshine on this one).

Well done with the weight watchers Elle, I would do that, but it would mean another night out,  and I struggle with the idea of paying someone when I know what I should be doing.  Having said that I know I also should not have been throwing alcohol down my neck, but I couldnt have stopped that on my ownimage.

Hope everyone has a great run tomorrow, its going to be fresh out there.

• brrr you were quite right about it being fresh this morning htf! Glad to hear you had a good night out.

I do ww online so it doesn't mean a night out but I know exactly what you mean about paying when you know what you should be doing. I've just been doing it for a few months to lose a stone and I'm 2 pounds off so when I get rid of that I'm just going to use a spreadsheet to keep me on the straight and narrow!

Well this morning's run wasn't pretty but at least it's done image

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Well done on the run elle, was rather fresh!!!

Hoping to get out this pm, am cooking for Mr C's dad and partner for lunch so been busy in the kitchen!!!

• It was lovely when I went out but it was about 11am, I just didn't want to wake up this morning!  I managed 6 miles but to call it running would be misleading - not because I'm completely useless but because:

a) I got lost again, I was planning on staying on the footpath to the left when it dissapeared and I was either in fields rutted by cows - impossible to run without breaking ankles- or in a tangle of trees and brambles

b) there was an enormously huge hill which I had to walk up

c) I kept going in one direction then deciding it was wrong so kept turning back and retracing my steps

d) I kept stopping to look at the lovely scenery - picture postcard stuff.

I did manage a little sprint up the big hill when 3 horses suddenly appeared running towards me.

When there was a bit of sensible terrain I was doing anything between 10mm (downhill) and 12.5 (very slightly uphill) so not too bad, though one tough pretty mile took me 22 minutes!

Got back and hubby had started cooking dinner so I'm just letting him do it - not too pleased with him today as he drank 3 bottles of wine yestereday and is now in a foul mood, he's got a few bottles of beer so maybe the 'hair of the dog' will stop him being bad tempered image.

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Sounds like a good amble out and about SL image

We've just come back from a nice long walk to walk off a bit of dinner, loads of people out and about along the seafront, lovely weather.

• The weather was lovely wasn't it image

I wonder how RD got on today?

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Morning.

How did you get on RD?

Weather not so lovely today, very dark! 

• Morning

Looking forward to hearing how RD got on yesterday.

I had a nice weekend and enjoyed the wedding I went to - the brides both looked fantastic!

It's a gorgeous day here, would be perfect for a run but I have a meeting to get myself to so maybe this evening, although by then it'll be cold and dark!

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Hi Apps, glad the wedding went well.

Its trying to rain here, light drizzle.  Just been to the library with Buttons. 

Want to run later but really tired today, some sort of ruckus up the road in the night, lots of shouting etc, didn't sleep well so yawning away here!

• Morning all,

Sorry for the absence - a blend of being inundated at work and a rather interesting domestic with Alison yesterday image.

Needless to say I was the scourge of the earth (a not altogether unjustified opinion given my behaviour) ... Oh well, it's now down to a few days of serious grovelling. Anyway got any knee pads they can lend me?

Didn't manage a long run yesterday so ate like a horse and still somehow managed to lose weight today. I guess pigging out on fruit is actually better for me that chips and pasties!!  

Managed a short run this morning and was relieved to find it wasn't as cold as it has been. Looks liek I might have to run in thermals at this rate!!!

• Afternoon Folks

WM, pigging out on fruit is the best munch in the world, you'd have to eat the whole supermarket section of fruit before you put on any weight - lovely fresh figs in the shops now, can't stand the dried ones but fresh ones are soooooooooooo delish image.

I've got to do a short run tonight or tomorrow.  I really want to get it done tonight but I know it's going to be dark and cold, and possibly a bit wet too, we've had some drizzle here.

I'm seriously considering getting one of those 'sad' alarm clocks where the light mimics sunrise, they're supposed to help a bit.  I'm dreading the clocks going forward image.

Did you get out for a run Cinders

Hi Apps

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Not made it out yet, just nearly fell asleep on the floor...........well until Thomas just poked his little finger in my eye, woke me up at least!!!

Have heard good reviews on those clocks SL, might be what you need to help.

Passes WM a nice soft cushion to kneel on whilst grovelling image

• Don't tell Alison it's soft - she's asked for thorns!!!

D