Mad Jack's Five

Hi, has any one this race before, we have entered but not to sure about it, what is it like?

Comments

• I did it last year, I wont be there this weekend unfortunately. It was a nice 5 mile cross country run round Attingham Park. Get there in good time to get a good space on the car park otherwise you could be directed out on to the grass. The course is a mix of grass land, river bank, woods, park trails. I can't remember too many hills in it. Of course last year, everywhere was waterlogged so the course was extremely wet & muddy in places. Showers are forecast this week so it may be wet-ish again. There was also this big bomb-crater thing to run into & out of at the finish, which was just a little bit evil if you ask me, but I dunno if they've got that planned for this year. In summary, if you like off-road runs, you'll love it. Tough.. but not too long to really hurt image
  • Thank you alanj, we did Halloween Hellraiser a couple of weeks ago which was fun but no mud.  I like off road but I'm even slower than on road, it will be interesting to see if the finish is still there when I get to it.
  • oh but I did the Hellraiser as well! sightly disappointed after 2008 which was, er, rather damp. At Mad Jacks they had a tent at the finish last year which was very nice & homely. You can always disappear off to the NT cafe in the main Hall if you need warmth at the end....

• Did this last year, and will be there again this weekend, its a lovely setting of a country park, complete with Deers!

Nice off road five miler, but be warned, I live locally and its rained a hell of a lot the last few days, and the course will be very muddy... there was a stream crossing last year which was tough, and a little bridge over the river, and that up and down finish, but no hills to speak of. Think it would be a quick course, but not sure it will be this weekend.

Looking for 35 mins, but without proper of road trainers the slipage might put paid to that..

I would say give it a go, getting back to the car covered in mud,knowing you have done your self justice is a great feeling!

• B'ham Snail wrote (see)
    Thank you alanj, we did Halloween Hellraiser a couple of weeks ago which was fun but no mud.  I like off road but I'm even slower than on road, it will be interesting to see if the finish is still there when I get to it.

Hey BS long time no see.

Hope you and hubby are well.

Are you doing this one then ?

Having missed this last year, I'm doing it on the recommendation of Sarah who reckons that wading a stream in November is what every runner needs.

Bring a change of clothes.

• Hi Miserable bleeder, great to meet up again today. 

I have to say we will not be back next year, did not enjoy the race one bit, glad we did it to find this out.  See you at either Dales Dash or lip wrist.

• I thought it was really good, but then I used to walk my dogs around here all the time so it brings back memories.

Shame you didn't enjoy it, but you can't like every race.

See you at the Limp Wrist on NYD.

Have agood Xmas.

• Thanks MB, have a good Christmas as well, see you at Limp Wrist, hopefully I'll get to run it this time.
  • Shame you didn't enjoy this race BS, This is where my addiction to racing started last year, it was a  slightly diffferent course this year, and it definately wasn't as wet ! except for the pond which was empty last year but newly restored and filled with ice cold muddy water this year!  still I really enjoyed the experience and hopefully will be back next time for another go.