Which is best?

www.mapmyrun.com or www.runningahead.com - or maybe something else...

I have a Garmin 305, and want all the stats online. I don't particularly rate the Garmin software.

Comments

• I'm a relatively new user, just a few weeks, but I find Sportstracks very good indeed for viewing and analysing each run, as well as being able to accurately record and show each course.

For quickly comparing courses, mileage, times, etc I find Runlog by Pegasus to also be very good indeed.

I'm still evaluating both programs at the moment, but I suspect I'll stick with both of them and use them to compliment each other.

• Hmmm - I'd not thought of having 2. Isn't that a pain in the ar**? can you upload your data to both without getting sync issues?
  • I can only upload to Sportstracks but I find Runlog so quick and easy to use, it takes absolutely minimal time to enter the details manually, so I don't find it a problem or too time consuming.

I guess just having the one program is probably the best choice, but I initially tried Runlog and found it so quick and easy to use and there were several features I really liked, such as being able to colour code your routes and/or different activities,etc so I've stuck with it. 

I guess I like the ease of use that Runlog offers and the clear and uncomplicated view of each session and the weekly, monthly and yearly totals which are so quick and simple to view.

Sportracks on the other hand is a little more detailed, but takes a little more learning, so as to fully grasp all it's capabilities. Then there are the additional plugins available, which may be useful.

• I find Sportracks the best one but it's only computer based so you really need to back it up to disc. I also use Garmin Connect; it's a bit slow and clunky but at least it stores your stuff online which is handy if your hard drive goes belly up or your house burns down.

• Mr Boat wrote (see)

I find Sportracks the best one but it's only computer based so you really need to back it up to disc. I also use Garmin Connect; it's a bit slow and clunky but at least it stores your stuff online which is handy if your hard drive goes belly up or your house burns down.

Yup, what mr boat says.

Sport tracks and Garmin connect.

• Another vote for SportTracks - and checkout the plugins, they can provide some excellent extra functionality.
  • Sportstracks for me too.

Something to be aware of -- there is a lot more to Sportstracks than you immediately think. The split data and the stats and reporting capabilities are very powerful but it might take you a while to discover it all. Some good plug-ins too. 

• I just tell the wife about the run. It has the following benefits:

• Instant recall
    • memeory lasts for years
    • Never forgets how long I was gone
    • Or what kit I wore, and where I left on return, or how dirty it was
    • Indicates if I am overtraining through sarcastic comments

And washes my kit as well.image

If this fails I use SportsTrack which is pretty detailed.

DG