My Last Run

Comments

• No running for me since Sunday because of a sore tendon, but I was on the static bike today and yesterday, for 45 and 30 minutes respectively. Averaged 73% and 72% MHR respectively on both days, which will go a way for keeping the aerobic fitness up, and I felt the lactic acid somewhat as well, so hopefully I'll be able to run faster when I get back image

Weights in the gym as well today.
  • Swittle, I wish mate!!image

Could'nt keep that pace up for a full 10K I reckon, may have a go but dont want to burn out!! I'm going for a quick 1st half and steady 2nd half, but as long as its sub 48mins i'm not bothered!!image

• Well, Paul, you may end up surprising yourself - best of luck image

0635  Ran my regular time trial and was 2 seconds off my best this year, which I'm chuffed about, as the wind was so gusty in places, I was almost standing still - I'm not that quick at the best of timesimage

5.5 miles, 46:40, JogWatch: 3

• Still crocked, back soon. Keep up the good work fella's.
  • Managed 5 slowish miles at 6.30am today - all a bit of an effort tbh.  42:01  JogWatch: 1
  • Not had an oppertunity to log on recently so here are my last 3 runs.

Tues: 5.2 miles in    38'50 @ 7:29mm
    wed:   6.53 miles in 49'46" @ 7:37 mm Jogwatch 1
    today  8.03 miles in 58'23" @ 7:16 mm Jogwatch 1

Have been finding it hard getting going in the mornings which meant I missed Sundays LSR.

YT: 908, MT: 104

• Still windy and getting a bit fed up of it now!  Club night and even got my son down to train tonight.  Met up at the lighthouse had a good warm up before starting on 6 x 400m reps with 200m recoveries inbetween.  Managing to maintain consistent times if a little slower in the windy conditions.  Finished off with a nice gentle jog back to the lighthouse.
  • touie2touie2 ✭✭✭
    it was a nice sunny day so i thought I'd go and do around 5 miles off road. After 1 I slipped on hard wet chalk and gained a nice big purple bruise on my bum! Still I picked myself up carried on and tripped over a tree root at around 4 miles, luckily that ground was a bit softer but after that I decided enough was enough and ran back to the car! image
  • Club night with a good turnout despite the cold wind.

Jog to & from the industrial estate (we get all the good views) with reps

6x 400m all within a few seconds of 1m 34

2x500 about 1m 55. 

Overall not out long & only covered 3.7 miles but think the speedwork is doing me good??

• Felt better from the start on this rainy 5-miler around Waterloo.  Dark & dreary tho' and I think I've had enough wind & rain for the time being.    42:04, JogWatch: 0

• Did another 3.6m loop this lunch time. My ankle felt ok again so increased the pace a bit today. Ended up doing 3.6m in 25.27 which was fine. Most importantly no pain in the ankle. It doesnt feel perfect but its not hurting.

So to ruin it all I am going to do the 10k race on Sunday, yep its going to be v wet v windy and v cold but what the hell. Not sure if I am going to run it hard or not, will see how my ankle feels on the moring. Looking forward to it.

ttfn

• Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

Nice running everyone. image

I have taken the week off to let my foot recover ... its been bugging me for a month now but I couldn't make myself take break until my 10K race was done and dusted. Off to Dublin tomorrow to see ireland v South Africa ... so by the time the Guinness is out of my system it may be Wednesday before I run again! image

Have a good w'end of running!image

• I had piglet flu last Friday, some weird 24hr thing, was going to wait til Dec 1st to start again but decided to give it a whirl tonight as I felt fine.

Club run - Lot of talk about tomorrow's x-c so everyone was going to take it easy which was fine by me.

Set off and it was way too easy so I went of on my own, Dave caugt me just after Capenhurst Ln and we ran together from there. Went thru first 1.91 miles @ 7:19m/m.

Did the loop round Tin Town and at this point I was starting to struggle. Thru next 1.46 miles @ 7:16m/m.

Taking it easyish on the way back until Nicky caught us and passed us, Dave went with her and I tried but simply couldn't.  Tried again for the last mile but the body was having none of it.  Last 1.76 miles @ 7:37m/m. I did give up a bit in the last 1/2 mile or so and jogged it in.

5.13 miles - 38:03.55 - 7;25m/m.

Ankle was niggling a bit as well.

JogWatch - 2 (well they appeared to be joggers but they were in a hurry to get somewhere, the first one went the bookies)

• Evening everyone - seems I not the only one with annoying niggles at the moment! Look after yourselves all.

Did two short runs on the treadie this week. Tuesday I had 8 minutes pain free (woo!) then it niggled, so I stopped. Spinning on Wed, then on the treadie again Thurs. 10 minutes easy with a stop for a stretch as the ITB was clicking, then I did some 1 minute fast intervals, which didn't hurt at all. Yey! Physio was happy with my progress, so it's really starting to look positive.

Trainer tomorrow, so we'll see how my knee is on the roads again.
  • Good news, I am back to running after an enforced lay-off due to tendon problems.

Yesterday's session was more of a "can I still run?" kind of session, 4 miles in about 35 minutes, I didn't take my Garmin with me at all, so no specifics.

Todays was a normal Saturday morning 10k, with the final mile at 10k pace (seeing as I have a race in 3 weeks, I'm doing this now to get accustomed to running at 10k pace). Completed the 6.27 miles in 47:18 (7:32/mile), with a 77% average HR (higher than normal due to the 10k mile at the end), peaking at 88% MHR.

• Is that the best you can do!! My god boy you'd better get faster than that!! image 

My last run was an 11 miler hill run. It  hurt and was getting dark by the time I'd finished.

Its Ok I'm allowed to speak to SPsyduckM like that!!  I'm off- wont bother you again! - promise. image

• Not long back from the Wesham 10K and just finished a massive plate of beans on toast!! image

Got to say a BIG thank you to all the organisers and marshalls out on the course!! Proper well organised event, from the signs from the motorway to the car park down to the course marshalls at well signed turning points!!image

Even the weather came good in the end with IDEAL running conditions!! Found the course a bit 'up hill, down dale' but even that made it fun!! image

Really pleased with my run except a slight wobble during mile 6 when I felt a little faint but despite that managed a sprint finish as I had a runner behind me for the last 3/4's and felt like he was sat on my shoulder his breathing felt so close, but decided to go for the sprint and he followed so that kept me going right to the line where we both nearly fell in a heap!! LOLimage

NEW PB of 44:51 (Garmin time - line to line) which i'm proper chuffed with @ avg 7:11m/m pace!!!!!!!!!!!!!image

Nice meeting Gold Pig again and Martin!! See you at Stockport mate!!image

• Molly tthe dog wrote (see)

Is that the best you can do!! My god boy you'd better get faster than that!! image

My last run was an 11 miler hill run. It hurt and was getting dark by the time I'd finished.

Its Ok I'm allowed to speak to SPsyduckM like that!! I'm off- wont bother you again! - promise. image

Oh god.... I knew this would happen image
  • Hmm..hope you don't mind if I join in. Actually I didn't run at all last week 'cos swelling in left foot after my 75-min 10-miler Saturday last. Hope it's not fracture - did dropped a heavy load on it some weeks ago but didn't get it checked out then, will be seeing doc next week! This week gone had been walker and cycle in the gym (my garage!), maybe next week and the week after next....depends on what doc & X-ray say. Hope to get back on the roads and trails ASAP - this is driving me insane!
  • Welcome, Runnaholic - hope you're soon on the run again image

Paul W., I don't like to say, 'I told you so...' but, there, I just have!  Excellent peebeeing, mate image - it's quite a testing course as I recall.

6pm  First day with half decent conditions for a long while - 4.5 miles at a comfortable pace with a couple of easy rises [not overendowed with hills, Liverpool].  Cool, dry and just a gentle breeze.

38:01 

• Ok you got me Swittle, i'm still quite surprised TBH mate!! I knew i'd PB mid-course but not to that degree, but i'm mega chuffed!!image
  • A steady 9 miles for me at mid day. fancied listenining to a bit of Blur so went into the Bs on mp3 only to discover i've only got 4 tracks by 'em. That wasn't enough so i decide to go back to random play all.

I really messed up. Can only assume  mp3 got stuck in the B section so had to listen to Black Sabbath greatest hits for 1hr 9 min!  What a nightmare. Didn't want to stop & sort it out cos my mp3 was two clothes layers down.  A tough run. 

• Met up with a mate from running club this morning and we were supposed to be doing a longish run this morning but he had partied hard last night so we decided to cut it down to a nice gentle 5 miler.  The weather conditions were pretty good today considering the amount of rain that had come down over night and the wind was howling.  Just kept the pace nice and easy this morning and chatted all the way round.  The route that we did ended up as 5.16 miles in a time of 53mins and 16 secs.  Av pace was 10.19min/miles.  I burnt 522 calories so didn't feel guilty when I scoffed a bacon and mushroom sandwich.image
  • My longest run ever this morning:  20miles in 2:56.  All in all, quite pleased with that.  Can now allow a slight run down to xmas before picking it back up again for a final push to a marathon in April.

Yet more rain on the run, luckily I had my goretex top on this time, so was ok.  Was a bit uncomforable when the hailstones started getting into my trainers!!

Now I've got to eat about 2300cal..............any suggestions? image

• Start Christmas early, treat yourself to Christmas puds and treacle toffee pies but don't forget a great helping of the turkey and roast potatoes!
  • Had slightly different run today!!image

The sister-in-law wanted a running buddy as she's just taken up running so I volunteered as I had a race day yesterday and was just looking for a low tempo recovery run anyway.

I jogged to her house 1.25 miles in just short of 9 mins, then we went out and did 2.17 at her pace which was fine as the weather was good and the rain had stopped just after we set off. Few stops to get our breath but all in all a decent run. Dropped her off back home, quick natter and set of home.

All together just short of five miles, just what I needed and the legs feel nice and loose now!!image

EVEN the wife has now expressed an interest in getting out there and joining her sister which can only be a good thing. She may get into it and it'd be great to do a race with her, i'd love it in fact!!image

• Clowne Half Marathon

Ran this today, my second ever HM. My previous time was 1:56 in the GNR. I was aiming for 1:50 today and kind of hoping for 1:45. I achieved 1:38:37, which I am ecstatic about image. The race started in dry weather but it started to rain about 1 mile in. It continued until around 7 miles or so and then relented for the remainder of the race. Around 8 miles I decided to stay on the shoulder of  a guy who had just overtaken me, reasoning that he would pull me in for a good time. I stayed with him until 800 miles from the finish and rather guitily sprinted for the finish, leaving him behind. despite the weather I thoroughly enjoyed it and did not mind the rain at all. in fact it was good to experience those conditions. Roll on Stockport 10 in 2 weeks. image.

• Jesus thats a good time mate, nice one!!image
  • My longest run for years (not far by most people's standards but this is another comeback from accumulated injuries) - 6 miles in the rain. Slow (just over 60 minutes), steady, felt great for 5.5 miles before my knee started to hurt a bit - but three weeks ago that same knee was hurting after 3 miles, HR well controlled between 135 and 150 pretty much all the way...

Pretty happy with that - still on course for my first half marathon for nearly 20 years in March.

Johny fp: Sprinting the last 800 miles? Now that's what I call stamina! image
  • Hello all,

not run since last Sunday as the ankle was grumbling so knew Clowne half today would be tough, but thankfully my friend chivvied me through the last three miles when i was struggling. Actually PB'd by two seconds according to my Garmin, so chuffed with that considering how badly the training has gone since the Worksop half. Now to rest and ice the ankle.