salomon sizing

looking to get some salomon trail shoes, either xa pro or xt wings but nowhere locally that has them in for me try on so i need to order online and not sure what size to go for as no idea what the fit is like.

in everyday trainers im an an 8 and i run in asics nimbus, speedtsar and hyperspeed and in all of those i take a 9. in the past i have also ran in saucony, nikes and adidas and also take a 9 in all of those, shops usually suggest an 8.5 for me but i prefer the fit of 9's.

so what are salomons like ? ive heard they are small fitting but the read reviews when people have commented on the being very narrow. one shop i spoke to suggested i go up to a 10 or 10.5 but thats a hell of a jump and dont want to have to order loads of pairs and sens them abck as the credit card cant take a beating like that !!

thanks for any help image

Comments

• unless you're absolutely certain of sizing and fit, I'd avoid buying anything like these over the web..........it could be an expensive mistake. I've never run in them but I have some S approach shoes (walking type) and they do come up snug around the toes with my wide feet

there are many other trail shoes out there that you maybe able to try that will be as good as the Salomons so why not try them first?
  • I think ordering a pair of any type shoe I've never worn before, let alone a brand I've not tried, would be a bad idea.  Then someone suggests that the fit is very narrow and you should compensate by going up a couple of sizes??  Bit of a no-no all round IMO.

(Their ski bindings are a good fit though.  image )

• "(Their ski bindings are a good fit though. )!

as are their ski boots.......and skis........ image
  • I have a pair of Salomon XA Pro's and they are the same size as my other shoes. Then again I have narrow feet and they are a snug fit.

I got mine in Blacks so try these types of shops in your area to see if they have them.

• i would always try before i buy but nobody has them locally so i have to order online to try them and if they dont feel right then they go back, just want to make sure that i order the right size first. if they dont fit or feel right i wouldnt keep them !! that would just be bloody stupid image

i have tried other brands but so far nothing has jumped out at me, it was suggested to me that by an assistant in a shop that salomons might be a good shoe for me but they didnt sell them !!

• I've two pairs of salomon XA pros and they're the same size as my normal trainers. Really good shoes image
  • My Salo trail shoes are also the same size as my Asics shoes.

Ordered off t'internet without trying on. Did try to buy them at Derby Runner but poor stock levels meant I couldn't try them on or buy any in the shop.

Too bad - their loss was Wiggle's gain.

• touie2touie2 ✭✭✭
    I think as long as you order from somewhere that does returns then there's no problem ordering online! Can't help with their sizing though sorry