Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Vicky (sub-4:30)

Introducing the fourth member of our Lucozade Sport Super Six… Vicky (aka Hashette).

Memories of being picked last for school sports teams and a dreaded bleep test would be enough to put most people off running, but thankfully not Vicky. She confesses she’s finally found a sport she loves and now wants to shave nine minutes off her marathon PB to go sub-4:30.

Vicky will be using our sub-4:30 Garmin-ready schedule (devised by former London Marathon winner Mike Gratton) as a basis for her training and will be mentored by Liz Yelling directly on this thread (starting January 4).

She’ll be posting his training progress and be receiving fuel and hydration advice directly from the Lucozade Sport sports scientists live on this thread so make sure you check back regularly to find out how she gets on.

You can read more about Vicky’s running background and goals by clicking on the article link at the top of the thread.

Good luck Vicky!

Comments

• Good luck Vicky!

We all had a ball in 2009, you will do great!

Watch out for that Liz Yelling, she can be scary stuff you know!

Must work......

• Will be following you closely Hash image
  • BB ✭✭✭
    Good luck with the training and PB Hash - I am looking forward to training alongside you for VLM in a virtual wayimage
  • Good luck Hash- will be training along with you

• Good luck.......will be trying to follow the programme as well but as my marathon is a week before I won't be in sync with everyone else...........so will probably just lurk
  • Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

See you at Watford?

• Wahoo, the threads are up!

Thanks a million for all the good wishes and yep FF, definitely see you at Watford.

Sod's law or what?  We've got no electricity at home, the power went off at midnight last night and there's no sign of it coming back on any time soon, according to a doom-laden message on EDF's website.   I can lurk around here for an hour at lunchtime, but that's my lot or I get fired.

Mind you, I can do a lot of damage in that time

>>>>>heads off to Pixie's thread<<<<<<

Mwahhahahahaimageimage

• Good luck Hash, just watched the meet and greet video.  Some interesting high knee work image.

Not running VLM image.  But shall be using the scatter gun postings approach following you all.

Again, best of luck and hope you achieve all your goals and help drag that Rio lass around image.

• Thanks Windy.  I've seen it but not heard it as we haven't got sound cards at work, so for all I know I sound like Linda Snell as well as looking like Corporal Jones not quite getting it right.

I'm looking forward to running over that finish line with Rio, I couldn't believe it when I saw that we were both in the same category on the shortlistimage

• The Hash and Rio thread!  lol
  • O Christmas TRio wrote (see)
    The Hash and Rio thread!  lol

Fantastic idea, yes please.

They've just announced that they're closing the office and we can all go home.  Normally I'd be sprinting out the door at a speed to give Matchstick Man a run for his money, but the urge to go and freeze my bits off isn't strong for some reason.  I've just phoned the pub, and they've got no power either.  Still, as the landlady said, they've got an open fire, candles and beer, so what more do we need?  image

Food?  Cheese and onion or ready salted?

• EP I was thinking the same thing except with no hot water to wash in after it might be a bit sweaty!!

Ready salted for me Hash please image

• That sounds lovel Hashette- wish I could leave work when it snows but I just get shouted at- because I can control the weather don't you know!!!  Have a nice mulled wine a a beer for me!!!

Looking forward to following your training as I'm hoping for 4.30 or thereabouts too!!!

• Rio we don't need sports nutritionistsimage  Pint of Old Speckled Hen to wash it down?

Fab VikWimage   is this your first marathon?

• Right I'm off to the frozen wasteland.   I'm going outside, I may be sometime.......

• *Bounds onto thread*

HELLOOOOOOOO HASHIE!!!!!imageimageimage

Hashette wrote (see)

Food?  Cheese and onion or ready salted?

M&S are doing their handcooked big packs two for two quid! image NOMNOMNOMNOM.....

Now how the hell do I bookmark on this new system?image

• Best of luck with the training Hashette! image
  • LB - big 'Add to my Bookmarks' button under the reply box
  • I've spotted it now! Thanks Vicky!

I'm going to follow our Hashie like her new lunatic stalker! image

• Hello Vicky,

How have you been? Tell me about your running this last week and what has gone really well?

I am working on making the plan fit with your races and lifestyle. I will let you have this for the 4th Jan.

Keep me posted,

Liz

• AndyVAndyV ✭✭✭
    Hey Hashette. We're finally live on the forums!!!! Thought it would never happen. Anyway just wanted to say hi and wish you all the best with this. Enjoy xmas I certainly will. Me thinks we will be a wee bit busy in Jan!
  • Erm.... both Pix, and then a big pile of chips that the landlady of the pub dished up to celebrate when the lecky came back on.image  Carbo loading's important, right?

The power's back onimageimageimage   I don't half appreciate being warm again and being able to make a cup of tea.

***waves madly to LB, Vicki and Andy****

Hi Liz, running was going well in the first part of this week, until winter descended on Hash Hall like a big boulder landing on the cartoon Road Runner.  Meep meep splat....... I ran the Bedford Half on Sunday and was chuffed with sub-two hours.  Okay, sub two hours by all of 29 seconds, but who's counting!  Monday and Tuesday I had my usual post-race thighs-like-tugboats thing doing on, but a gentle five miler on Tuesday evening loosened everything up nicely.  I'm dying to get out there again having missed my usual Friday night wind-down plod, but there's no chance, the roads are just a sheet of ice and it's impossible to walk on, let alone run.  I'm hoping that tomorrow it will have cleared enough to at least leave a bit of road surface where I can get some traction so I can do my LSR and deliver this big pile of Christmas cards that's looking at me accusingly.

• Morning campers image

Hashette -Well done on you Bedford Half time!

You're better off not trying to run if the roads are still bad, rather than risking pulling a muscle if you slip or fall.  Its like a winter wonderland outside my house, but unfortunately the snow is covering ice image

• Thanks Vicki and same here with the weather. It's pretty, but if they could just clear a little path about 10 miles long for me by tomorrow that would be lovely.  It's not asking too much, is it?image

• Hashette wrote (see)

I ran the Bedford Half on Sunday and was chuffed with sub-two hours.  Okay, sub two hours by all of 29 seconds, but who's counting! 

Flipping heck Hash! That's one of my main goals for next year! I'd take 1.59.59 and still crow about my amazing sub 2!image I keep knocking on the door, but no cigar so far....

You're going to be brilliant at this sub 4.30! You've been running a long time now - you just needed Liz to steer you away from the salt and vinegar! image

I'm afraid ice is where I draw the line. Treadmill for me until I can see where I'm putting my feet. It won't kill you if you have to decamp indoors, but like Vicki says, you need to protect yourself from injury too.

*draws forcefield round Hashie*image