Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Christina (sub-3:00)

Comments

• Christina states ... 

hold the Guinness World Record for Fastest Marathon Dressed as a Super Heroine (3:13, London Marathon 2008

i hate to be a pain in the rear end .... ( after all i don't understand running ) but, may i say, 13 minutes is a hell of a chunk, it's 30 seconds faster  EVERY mile, get a mile wrong, and it makes it more to produce

There's going to have to be some real serious, physical and mental stamina focus or am i wrong, plus it's all on the day

can't find it right now but there's a comment that HILLY came out with back a bit , which should make people think seriously hard

Paul Evans will acess everything and monitor everything obviously, but come close to the time say ??last 8 weeks

the preperation will need to be stuck to rigerously

BTW, I ain't trying to be patronising either

i have mailed her .. send our very best wishes 

•  13 mins is a big chunk but that was 2 years ago? JBFRA's shorter distance PB's to me indicate definate sub 3 potential subject to endurance. Surely the Ironman won't have done her endurance any harm? The Boxing day sub 40 10k seems a good starting point and although I dont know JBFRA'S background women tend to convert better than men at marathon and some would argue that men dont have much of a genetic advantage over 26.2 but there are not enough women running marathons seriously to prove this as they dont have time to train properly due to cooking and cleaning......   
  • Hang on..

i thought the men now a days do all cooking and cleaning image

yes.SF,  i hope the ironman endurance holds the key

• You're probably right Mick, I was expecting a backlash off at least one but they haven't finished washing up yet.
  • Hi Christina,

I hope you have had a good Christmas. Is sounds like you had a good run on Boxing Day? I definately ate way to much for X-mas dinner to even consider any exercise! Do you have a races/training planned for new years day?!

• I was sat here LMAO when i read that !!

going back to the marathon though

although part of Abingdon is twice on that bumpy path now - but also even on the old course

my PB pushing Phil is Abingdon in 4:03, and twice now i've been on for sub 4, and started losing it with  4, 3, 2 & 1 to go,

with ALL my expereince i could not hold it

So lets all hope and pray that Christina will be nice and positive but not compleceant

i'm sure she do well

• yes i know - i know what your saying

i have thought all this out

I might get on chair one day, and let phil or some one push us or me image

good luck with yours EP

BTW, are you Exil Pixie from Ashby area ??

• last time i spoke to you was - ??

the day we were spectating Ashby- you was on your bike

my migraine was to bad for 20 -HM might of been tolerable

The one and ONLY Evil Pixie ahh !! 

• You make me laugh

Have the time of your life with that SUPER SIX  ahh

• We'll make sure she does, Mick

Shadow Face wrote (see)
    You're probably right Mick, I was expecting a backlash off at least one but they haven't finished washing up yet.
    Token backlashimageimage

• I'd  'finished' the washing up too. I'd left it to 'soak', covered it up with a tea towel and walked away.

Just like a man.

• HillyHilly ✭✭✭

Has JBFAR gone on holiday?

Does the mentoring start on 4th Jan?

Lucozade sport scientist - what is your role in the process?  Is it just hydration advice or full nutrition advice and will advice be given on these threads to the mentees so that others can have access to the information?

• AndyVAndyV ✭✭✭
    Happy new year to you JBFAR!
  • Hi Christina

Congratulations on getting selected. All the best for your training. I'm at WADAC too and got a club place for VLM and am trying for the 3rd time to break 3 hours so hopefully we can spur each other on at training. Well done on Boxing Day - the speedier stuff is very painful at the moment isn't it? See you at Bramley if not before.

• Bramley 10 / 20 is a most super event

specially in terms of pre VLM warm up-

In my opinion- and thats all it is ... 

if one is not accustomed to Marathon distance

The 10 miles isn't really long enough at that time for pre marathon

The 20 miles is good for that, BUT, i'd certainly be careful about using to much excessive energy .. not racing it !! 

• Happy New Year Christina x
  • Happy new year everyone! Yes I'm on holiday for a week which is why I haven't been on much unfortunately. I'm ticking over but can only do treadmill sessions whilst away, and some swimming. Hopefully I will not lose any miles in my legs as I need them and more!
    Thanks for all the comments , I will have more time to go through them when I get home. I am concerned myself about the amount of miles in the schedule and am hoping Paul will monitor my progression and advise when I can start doing 2 runs a day, I want to be at the start line in April knowing that I have done all the preparation I could possibly do to achieve 2.59.59!
    Will write again when I can, but in the meantime roll on 2010
  • Hi Christina

Happy new year !

I have emailed you though your training schedule for January, lets see how January goes, before makeing a decision on doubling up on certain days!

hope you are enjoying your holiday , don't worry if you can not get the quality workouts on holiday,the hardwork starts when you get home, a few easy days will not do you any harm!

Enjoyimage

Paul E

•  Hi Christina,

Just picked up on this thread and will be looking forward to following your journey towards achieving your sub-3 Goal at th VLM.

I may well be running next to you as I also have a Championship place for the London and want to run Sub-3!

I should have ran in the Wymondham 10k this morning, but is was cancelled due to the bad weather - ended up running 15-miles in the snow, which was probably harder that a 10k!!

Good luck for the New Year and enjoy your running!

• HillyHilly ✭✭✭

JBFAR - I do quite a few runs on the treadmill, which personally I think is good for the legs.  I'm sure you won't lost any fitness.  Do you normally run every day?

Hi Nifty & Swifty.  Good luck with your sub 3 training.  I too am back on the sub 3 wagon, but not doing London this year.  I'm going to Llanelli instead as I just fancy a smaller, less crowded one.

• Thought this thread needed pushing back up near the top to keep the discussions going.

JBFAR - now you've received the training plan for the first month, are you happier with the amount of miles in it and how does it differ from the original one?

• just back from a run wrote (see)
    Happy new year everyone! Yes I'm on holiday for a week which is why I haven't been on much unfortunately. Will write again when I can, but in the meantime roll on 2010
    Hope the holiday is going well JBFAR, enjoy the break and I hope you get cracking on with the schedule come Monday. Hope things go well for you with Paul as your mentor and crossed fingers for April 25th.
  • So schedules start tommorow! I'll be doing Monday and Tuesday on a treadmill then Wednesday I travel back so can't train so will take Wednesday as my rest day this week .
    I Have been doing some interesting Reading whilst on holiday, between Reading the twilight series ( addictive vampire books) I have been Reading advanced marathoning by pete pfitzinger and Scott Douglas. It concentrates on sports science theories
     of marathon running.  It's been an interesting read and hopefully I can use some of the science in training

Paul: I can't access attachments until thursday unfortunately but will log on then and look at the schedule! Very exciting. Thank you for that.

Good luck for tomorrow to anyone else who is undertaking the rw schedules- looking forward to hearing all.