New Year Challenge

Right due the success of the All I want for Xmas is a 6 pack thread we are going to do all proffessional like and post in the training section.

So starting tomorrow we (yes we that means you) are going to be doing some different exercises to the 6 pack thread to make it you know a bit more of a challenge image

OK so 31 days in January

Squats:1,500 for beginners 50 a day and how about 3,000 squats just under 100 a day for the more brave

Plank one and a half minutes a day 3 x 30 seconds? for beginners or 45 minutes by the 31st
and for advanced....hmm 3 minutes? thats 1.5 hours total

like this for squats

Comments

• So starting 1 st January

Squats Parr 50 or 100

Goldbeetle

Plank 1.5 minutes or 3 minutes

Goldbeetle

if you want to add another exercise at the bottom feel free to do so give a quick explenation of what it is cheers

• Well done Goldbeetle - though I have noticed that its not quite January yet.... CHEAT! image
  • She's got one knee on the floor that girl! image

• *sidles in, looking around nervously*

"Bit quiet in here"image

• We're all busy squatting....image

A bit like midnight tonight, when half the forumites will be squatting because they're blind drunk and vomming....image

Not me of course - I am an afferleetimage

Wotsit - stop laughing!

• LB under the mistletoe if you want me... wrote (see)

She's got one knee on the floor that girl! image

And I bet she's superglued to the mat!!

(works for meimage)

• I look like I'm doing some weird yoga move squatting like this - and its giving Mr LB ideas! image

I ain't needin' no strength training. I weight trained heavily for years but then switched to running (running is much more fun).  I suppose that's why I'm not fast though - still carrying too much muscle.

I'm a lone runner now (prefer it to be just me, the hills, and my ipod), but I used to be a member of a running club. One time the coach told us to do 100m on the track, stop and do 20 pushups, then another 100m and another 20 pushups, and so on. I think this was for about 2 laps (800m).

I was not one of the fast runners at the club (my fastest ever mile is 6:38). I used to get thrashed on anything over 100 or 200m as the other guys there were just far superior runners, but when the pushups were introduced, I finished so far ahead of the rest it was embarrassing. Nobody else in the club had any upper body strengh. I was banging out 20 perfect pushups in no time while all the rest were straining to do pushups that were no where near a correct pushup.

• am_aye_runnin wrote (see)

I ain't needin' no strength training.

OK, well, thanks for letting us know.

FWIW, IMHO, I think there's a lot to be said for regular strength training, which is why I'm in.image

• I'll be here tomorrow - late afternoon I think though because I've got to go somewhere for a big lunch.

We are going to be ripped/buff/cut or whatever the current expression is folks! imageimageimage

• remember if you miss tomorrow double on Saturday hahahaha

OK a couple of caveats for new peeps

1.5 minutes or 3 minute Planks doesn't mean all in one go break it down into managable chunks 30 - 60 seconds and build up

same with the squats if you cant do 50 - 100 straight off break into 10 or 15 chunks do some in the morning and some at night

I  did with the pressups, broke them down into 20- 25s and did a few when no one was looking at work

• Parklife wrote (see)

We are going to be ripped/buff/cut or whatever the current expression is folks! imageimageimage

"We is soooooo fit innit"

I believe is the current way the that the younger generation say things image

• Right put your names here, we  start tomorrow

Squats Parr 50 or 100

Goldbeetle

Goldbeetle

• goldbeetle wrote (see)
    Parklife wrote (see)

Well, I'd heard word on the street that it's now

"We is soooooo fit innit blood" (mind you, could be spelt "blud")image

• Squats Parr 50 or 100

Goldbeetle

CJBA (currently masquerading as Christmas Carol)

Goldbeetle

CJBA (ditto aboveimage)

• Christmas Carol wrote (see)
    goldbeetle wrote (see)
    Parklife wrote (see)

Well, I'd heard word on the street that it's now

"We is soooooo fit innit blood" (mind you, could be spelt "blud")image

I shall bow to your greater street jargon knowledge you are obviously more "down wid da kidz" then me

• Actually I got it from Armstrong and Millerimage

Errm, correction, think that should be "Actually, I got it from Armstrong and Miller, innit, blud / blood"imageimageimage

• Right, off to prepare nibbles etc for off-spring (who are determined to stay up until midnight, by which time I'll have fallen asleep on the sofa), so

H N Y to anyone looking in image

And see you tomorrow.

• Squats Parr 50 or 100

Goldbeetle
    Vicky P

Goldbeetle
    CJBA (ditto above)
    VickyP

• Squats Parr 50 or 100

Goldbeetle
    Mikefrog
    Vicky P

Goldbeetle
    CJBA (ditto above)
    Mikefrog
    VickyP

This is more like it! Squats and planks are two of my favourite exercises.

But I won't do them every day, I believe in 2 days for recovery between sessions. And I'll do my squats with a light barbell, say 40kg, just to make it more fun.  

• welcome aboard Frog

• Squats Parr 50 or 100

Goldbeetle
    CJBA        50                                                                                                                                                                Mikefrog
    Vicky P

Goldbeetle
    CJBA  1.5mins
    Mikefrog
    VickyP

• Squats Parr 50 or 100

Goldbeetle
    CJBA        50                                                                                                                                                           Mikefrog
    Vicky P                                                                                                                                                                                                  Viciik         50

Goldbeetle
    CJBA  1.5mins
    Mikefrog
    VickyP                                                                                                                                                                                                  Viciik         1.5mins

I definitely need help in this area so looks good to me ....

• Squats Parr 50 or 100

Goldbeetle
    CJBA        50

Mikefrog
    Vicky P                                                                                                                                                                                                  Viciik         50

Camlo

Goldbeetle
    CJBA  1.5mins
    Mikefrog
    VickyP                                                                                                                                                                                                  Viciik         1.5mins

Camlo

Looked at this yesterday & struggled at bedtime to hold the blimmin plank without my tummy burning but I'll try image

• Squats Parr 50 or 100

Parklife     100
    CJBA           50
    ViciiK            50
    Goldbeetle
    Mikefrog
    Vicky P
    Camlo

Parklife                   1.5 x 3
    CJBA                       1.5
    ViciiK                       1.5
    Goldbeetle
    Mikefrog
    VickyP
    Camlo

Back extensions

Parklife                  45

Lunges (sets of 2)

Parklife                 50          

• A day late I know, but mind if I drop in?

Squats Parr 50 or 100

Parklife 100
    CJBA 50
    ViciiK 50
    Goldbeetle
    Mikefrog
    Vicky P
    Camlo
    The Running Duck 50

Parklife 1.5 x 3
    CJBA 1.5
    ViciiK 1.5
    Goldbeetle
    Mikefrog
    VickyP
    Camlo

The Running Duck 1.5

Stupid formatting messing everything around.

• Hi Duck - never too late.  *Tidies up thread*

Squats Parr 50 or 100

Parklife 100
    CJBA 50
    ViciiK 50
    The Running Duck   50
    Goldbeetle
    Mikefrog
    Vicky P
    Camlo

Parklife 1.5 x 3