Garmin Training Centre

Has anybody installed Garmin Training Centre and ANT agent on 64 bit Windows 7.

I have it on an XP machine at the moment and would also like to transfer all of my data to a new PC. 

Any pointers would be gratefully received!

Comments

• You may find that it runs quite happily on Windows 7.  If not then you can instal it in XP compatible mode.  Right click on the exe file, click on "properties", click on the "compatibility" tab, select the version of windows from the drop down box (use either XP or Vista) then click on "Apply".  Now install the program.

To transfer your data you need to grab the "Garmin" folder from your user and copy it across to your new machine.  On my machine this folder is C:Usersuser nameAppDataRoamingGARMIN.  This should also copy across the settings for your Garmin so Training Centre should recognise it immediately.

• Yes kind of, am using 64-bit windows 7 now, took my data from GTC running on vista, should all be the same, if it's the same version of GTC.

You just have to find out where the data is filed on xp, copy and paste it, into the corresponding place in windows 7.

Have a look in application data / roaming / Garmin / devices.

If you can't find application data, set the folders to see all in control panel, then go to C: drive.

• We're either both geniuses or both completely wrong and looking foolish image
  • On a slightly unrelated note: how is training centre different from garmin connect? I just got mine for xmas and I ve got garmin connect working but what is training centre??
  • Training centre is local to your pc and gives you a break down of your run.

Heart rate; Pace; Speed; Elevation by either time or distance by either time or distance. It also gives you totals for the run - calories; av speed; av pace; time; distance; hr; cadences; assent; decent.

You can slso compare 2 runs back to back.

• Thanks Bikermouse. So its pretty much the same but viewed without an internet connection and with the ability to compare runs.
  • Forget both GTC and GC and use Sport tracks, much better all round soloution IMO
  • Agreed Danowat, i only use GTC to program runs into my watch. The rest of it is sh#t! Which is a bit stupid really considering analysis is part of the point of owning a Garmin, you'd think they'd put some more effort into it.
  • Thanks for the advice. Will try it out later.......

Happy New Year everyone!

• Hate sports track, it is so ugly and cluttered. It didn't work with Vista when it was new and it didn't work with Windows 7. Nor does it claim to.

Just dislike it intensly it was a pain in the butt and an annoying pile o smelly stuff.

• The instructions are pretty useless...

Someone on this Forum suggested we all write to RW and ask them to give us an article on the Garmin things. I think it's a good idea, don't you?

• Have now installed under Windows 7 and (suprisingly!) it all seems to be fine. Had to force the ANT to pair with the watch but export and import of the history etc. works OK.

• The ANT agent has a bit of an issue when Windows 7 comes out of sleep mode, it doesnt initiate properly again. Apparently a fix will be coming out for this, until then there are a few workarounds for example exit then restart the ANT agent.

• Griffsters wrote (see)

The ANT agent has a bit of an issue when Windows 7 comes out of sleep mode, it doesnt initiate properly again. Apparently a fix will be coming out for this, until then there are a few workarounds for example exit then restart the ANT agent.

Twas the same with Vista. Thought it was just me.
  • Sport tracks worked flawlessly with both vista (32-bit) and Windows 7 (64-bit) on my pc? As did the Ant agent and Garmin training centre (althouogh thats sh#t anyway).

So Bikermouse, what application do you use?

• Pris wrote (see)

The instructions are pretty useless...

Someone on this Forum suggested we all write to RW and ask them to give us an article on the Garmin things. I think it's a good idea, don't you?

Do you mean the instructions for your Garmin? Mine told me everything i needed to know???