Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Vicky (sub-4:30)

Comments

• Hashette wrote (see)

Liz, if you're around, can I bring Monday's run forward to tomorrow? ....... I NEED to go and run, even if it's only two poxy miles like it says on the official schedule.  More would be better.

and that word highlighted is the important word in sport I reckon. Do you NEED to run or simply WANT to? It's got to the point where I NEED to break my target so I think you're mentally in the right place going into the start of the schedule. Good luck mate. One in, all in image
  • Thanks MM.  Not sure what the difference is any more!

This is the first week off running I've had since I had my knee op in 2004 and it's got progressively harder as the week has gone on.  I think because the week before was so difficult - couldn't run because of the snow- I over did it with 28 miles on icy roads in 3 days finishing with a 10 mile race.  With hindsight that was a bit stupi, but really this is worse

How's the resting gone for you?  Climbing the walls yet?

• x post cheers Pix.

It proves this running lark really is an addiction

• Hashette wrote (see)

How's the resting gone for you?  Climbing the walls yet?

nah - done a couple of runs the past few days to ease back into things and did a test tonight which proves I'm on the right track. Roll on Monday!
  • SezzSezz ✭✭✭

Oooh, Malta.  I'd love to go, there are adverts on telly at the moment for Malta and it looks gorgeous.

This morning would be a lovely time for a run; the sky is clear, the sun is out and it's a crisp cold morning.  But I'm still coughing and we've got drinks and nibbles for the neighbours later so I'd better go and start preparing.

• Was supposed to do a LSR this morning, but I started streaming last night and have woken up feeling like death. I have caught the OH's cold, which he's had all Christmas image Will see how I feel later because you're right Sezz, it's absolutely stunning out there today!!
  • Good luck with the start of the schedule tomorrow Hash - and enjoy! image
  • Morning alll

Hope you all had a fab crimbo and overindulgent new year!!  Not be around much as work,snow at work casusing havoc,christmas and chritmas colds and working all over new year meant I had an enforced rest from running- but feel better for it and am now ready to tackle the marathon plan!!!!

Everyone looking forward to starting  the plans tomorrow??

Hope you are all well!!!

• SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    I might try a little joggette tomorrow but I know for sure that the nutrition schedule won't start for a few days.  I've just made a rather yummy desert using nothing but choc chip cookies, amaretto and double cream and if it's not finished by the neighbours then Fat Face and I will just have to eat it all up. image
  • Sounds like pretty good training fuel to me, Sezzimage

Tell me about it VikW, you've just summarised my life over the last couple of weeks!

Sorry to hear both you and Lostkat have been struck down with colds as well.  I was kept awake most of the night either by my coughing or by the sound of my similarly stuffed up hubby giving it his all on the nose bugle.  He doesn't normally snore, but my God he made up for it last night, he sounded like a wounded elephant.  If I'd had David Attenborough's phone number I'd have asked him to nip round with a tranquilizer dart.

Aaaaanyway........

>>>>>BOUNCE<<<<<<<

I've just done a very gentle, tentative 2ish miles down to the shop and back, wearing half my kit and with the pace/speed not visible on my garmin, and all the various bits that were niggling last week behaved beautifully, thankfully.  I warmed up first, resisted the urge to add another copule of loops as it was going okay, stretched afterwards, and am currently sitting with my leg up adorned by a bag of frozen peas just in case.  I don't think my body knows what to make of this, it's not used to anything but abuse normally!

• just finished the first week of my training  ( as my marathon is a week before FLM)

snow and ice this weekend didn't stop my runs as I went off road..just had problems earlier in the week as had to help son redecorate his bedroom...........

M 5 M steady
    T rest day
    w Missed runimage
    T 3.1 M fast 5K race
    F rest day
    S 9.5 M off road very slow
    S 3.65 M slow

total 21.25 miles in total.........schedule said 19M

so did more mileage but just lest days.......

will hopefully get all 5 runs in next weekimage

• good luck to all starting the plans tomorrow..........especialy hasette........image
  • Thanks Seren. Glad yours is going well, and well done for juggling it all with the amount of snow  and decorating.  Luckily our snow has shifted and what's come down recently has been rain, but as for decorting and general house-bashing......  Anyway, that's another story, and it's on hold anyway thanks to Blouse being temporarily sofa-bound. 

Just had an e-mail from Liz so I'll post up the first couple of weeks' tweaked training plan this afternoon, when I can get to hubby's proper laptop as opposed to this fiddly little notebook thing that hasn't got any decent software on it.

• Hi All,

I hope you are all enjoying your running,I have a club place for London so I guess now I will need to work to a sort of plan. I have a good base having completed 10Hm's and 2 x 20's plus varios club runs during 2009. It's those last 6.2 miles I am worried about, any suggestions / comments?

Hashette I would seem to be around the same pace as you for the HM (best of 1.48.44 but normally around 1.53.00) so I hope to complete in under 4.30 as you do. My Ashby 20 time was around the 3.06 mark, I think I will need to run at a slower pace than that to be on the safe side.

Anyway good luck with your training everyone  image

• Hey Hash ... you were crocked ... image hopefully that's you mended now though - just in time for 4th Jan!!! ... you really are going to smash that 4:30 barrier girl, I just know it ... image

Looking forward to seeing what your plan's all about ... I've been floundering about without any schedule the last week or two ... been chickening out of longer runs (well something to do with the ice and that, but seren who lives just down the road from me has managed 21 miles so that was a pretty poor excuse ...!!!!)

5k pb yesterday at the parkrun - 27.07 (that's the sort of distances of runs I've been doing this past week!!!) followed by a really rubbish run (less than 3.5 miles - chickened out with poor excuses part way along my 6 mile route!!) so really need to get back on the case and get some miles on the clock again. Hopefully your  inspiration and schedule will give me that something to aim for. Getting ready for first club run at end of month (8 mile race near Newport) so that's my immediate goal ... then a 10 miler in Feb and building up to Dorney Lake in March ... see where we go from there!

Keep well, hun!!!

• Ron, you're definitely quicker than me.  I'd love it if you wanted to follow my schedule, but it might be worth nipping into Andy's too and doing something between the two.  I reckon you'd definitely be on for 4.15 with those sorts of times I'm a good 10 minutes slower than you for a PB on all the longer distances.

Right, without the aid of either hubby's laptop or mouse, here's my attempt at pasting the first two weeks of my amended schedule.  Liz has tweaked it to take account of the osteo's instructions to follow every run with either a rest or an easy run, not to mention to take account of the huge amount of hassle that's going on in my life at the moment.  It's not lack of commitment - this super six thing is the biggest thing to happen to me EVER - it's just too many commitments.  

WB

Mon

Tues.

Wed

Thurs

Fri

Sat

Sun

4 Jan

Rest

3m

Rest

4m

Rest

2m

6m

11Jan

Rest

2m jog, then 2 x 1.5 m (or 14min) tempo pace, 4min jog rec, 2mile easy.

Rest

2miles jog, then 2 miles or 18min brisk, 2miles jog.

Rest

3m

7m

If the format is screwed then apologies to people in Aberdeen and Aberystwyth and everywhere in between, as the swearing will be audible

• It's screwed.  Plan B follows
  • BB well done on the PB and stop beating yourself up about the rest.  The first few weeks are incredibly light anyway, so just go with it and we'll both build up the mileage later.

Right, I'm hassling software.  Plan B on posting up the next two weeks' schedule follows.  Eventually.....   Running it has got to be easier than pasting it onto the forum with this fecking notebookimage

• Bargoed Backmarker wrote (see)

Hey Hash ... you were crocked ... image hopefully that's you mended now though - just in time for 4th Jan!!! ... you really are going to smash that 4:30 barrier girl, I just know it ... image

Looking forward to seeing what your plan's all about ... I've been floundering about without any schedule the last week or two ... been chickening out of longer runs (well something to do with the ice and that, but seren who lives just down the road from me has managed 21 miles so that was a pretty poor excuse ...!!!!)

5k pb yesterday at the parkrun - 27.07 (that's the sort of distances of runs I've been doing this past week!!!) followed by a really rubbish run (less than 3.5 miles - chickened out with poor excuses part way along my 6 mile route!!) so really need to get back on the case and get some miles on the clock again. Hopefully your  inspiration and schedule will give me that something to aim for. Getting ready for first club run at end of month (8 mile race near Newport) so that's my immediate goal ... then a 10 miler in Feb and building up to Dorney Lake in March ... see where we go from there!

Keep well, hun!!!

are you doing the park run this saturday as I am probably going down..but might runto the start and watch OH and son race......

I will miss the 8 miler this month as away but will be at the 10 miler next month so should be able to meet and say hi............

isn't it your clubs cross country next sunday..?

hasette.....don't you love computer formattingimage

• Fingers crossed:

WB Mon Tues. Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun 4 Jan Rest 3m Rest 4m Rest 2m 6m 11Jan Rest 2m jog, then 2 x 1.5 m (or 14min) tempo pace, 4min jog rec, 2mile easy. Rest 2miles jog, then 2 miles or 18min brisk, 2miles jog. Rest 3m 7m

• Feck feck feckety feck. Plan z follows
  • Right, this will work.  Typing it out longhand

Monday - rest.  I'll fecking need it after all this computer hassle
    Tuesday 3m
    Wednesday rest
    Thursday  4m
    Friday rest
    Saturday 2m
    Sunday 6m

There is a second week, but at the moment I'm concentrating on how to transfer t'other to which.

• thanks Hashette what did we do before technology image

I was due to run today but I have got an issue with my left wrist and arm so painfull I've seen the doc wo put me on painkillers and ab's, I was pretty none plussed as it was a great day for a run, still hopefully it will clear and I can start my first weekstraining using RW schedule. I can committ to 21-25 miles per wee so the schedule is basically 3 runs a week with the long one on a Sunday,I have found a bit of tweaking with them can help so I will try and do an extra shortish run every other week to make it 7 runs per fortnight.

I will check out Andy's as well thanks, as I'm sure you will understand I am airing the side of caution on my times as after 20 miles I am venturing into the unknown.......

You must be chuffed mind doing the super 6 even though it is probably an extra thing to worry about.

I think those long slow runs are the key.I'm not sure wat area you are in but I could recommend Ashby or Oakley 20's as part of training but obviosly you are going on the advice of Liz.

I am doing Ashby, got my entry in, hopefully by which time I will ave some decent fitness.

Good luck with transfering more data image

• Ah Hash, you have raised a smile here.  Thanks for posting that schedule.

BB/Seren .. I'm not around the w/end of Llis. 8 but hoping to do Reverse 10, will be good to meet u.

• I'm looking forward to the rev 10......I'll be going for a PB as I think thats one of my slower PB's.........be great to meet up HT
  • H

Hey Hash ... you were crocked ... image hopefully that's you mended now though - just in time for 4th Jan!!! ... you really are going to smash that 4:30 barrier girl, I just know it ... image

Keep well, hun!!!

Hey BB as Hash said no need for a beating up plenty of time for that later image

Actually the miles will soon mount up and hopefully we will have some less icy weather soon,I ran at Buntingford end of year 10 last monday, it was smashing weather and only one slippy part which was a tiny section,good luck with your training !

• This is my plan for the first 3 weeks...... I will be running Mon, Wed & Fri as I work weekends image
    Im also doing Kickboxing for an hour on Tuesdays & Thursdays

Can't wait to get started image

WEEK ONE    
    Mon   2M (miles) (approx 23 mins) slow   
    Wed   3M (approx 35 mins) slow   
    Fri   6M (65-70 mins) run/walk    

WEEK TWO   
    Mon   3M (approx 35 mins) easy   
    Wed   4M (approx 45 mins) slow   
    Fri   7M (75-80 mins) run/walk   

WEEK THREE   
    Mon   3M (approx 35 mins) easy