Race report: Rainforest Foundation Victoria Park 10k

Hi guys,

Sunday morning dawns, and it's chucking it down with rain. Not a particularly auspicious start, but the rain clears just before the start of the race and holds off. The course is almost perfect for a PB - pancake flat and three laps of Victoria Park (Hackney, London), so no traffic. Only a couple of tight corners and the fact that the last 50m was on (very muddy) grass prevent it being absolutely perfect.

Race itself went superbly well, and I was delighted to finish in a PB-busting time of 40:30! I was initially a bit disappointed not to got sub-40, but reviewing the splits I ran it fairly evenly and would not really have been able to go any faster. The half way point was reached at 20:06, so a slight positive split unfortunately.

It didn't seem to be a hugely fast field - I've been told that I finished top 20 in a field of 500 (!), but going to have to wait for the official results to confirm that.

Cheers to the race organisers, it was very well marshalled and organised. Also cheers to SuperDaz and SusieBee, who didn't run but turned up to cheer.

Overall verdict: absolutely delighted, and it will be very tough to beat that at Brighton next week.

venom

Comments