Options

Pirate Water Bottles

Comments

• Options
    http://www.wildoo.co.uk/images/bottles/yellow.gif

thanks cake - did you go down the postoffice to get that costing?

now i've seen it i really love the yellow design.

btw yellow bottle tops mean a minimum order of 500 which isn't achievable really. i should have mentioned that.

the guy is sending me a yellow bottle and a yellow translucent bottle.   will let you know the results of my rigorous tests.

the yellow they do is 

http://images/bottles/yellow.gif

Yellow P102

there's a fractional difference with P108.  it is brighter i guess.

here's a panatone colour chart.  i was sure until today panatone was a dessert.

http://www.benedict.edu/divisions/inseff/mis/pdf/web/bc_web_dev_pantone_color_bridge_cmyk_pc.pdf

i'll get teh sample and post up a photograph

• Options
    /members/images/154157/Gallery/bottle2.JPG

oh the yellow's at the top of the post

anyway, i reckon it'll look like this which looks good to me

• Options
    image I am the post office. Not all of it just a part in the machine.
  • Options

ah cool.  so, if this is packaged in a one of those plastic bags or in a jiffy bag, does it make a difference to postage costs (other than the overall weight of course).

also, what do you reckon about oversees postage.  how much extra?

• Options

cake - looks like the bottles are around 80g.  so i think with packaging & delivery note we'll be over 100g.  how does that affect the costs?

thanks for your help

• Options

Oversee's would have to check depending on where. for the bags as long as was clearly addresses and also securce you could stick it in a tesco's bag and would get there. (sean people do it as well) wounldn't effect the cost at all it's all by the weightimage

edited due to spelling sorry was on the phone to a comrade

• Options

I have a Pantone swatchbook here, 102 is more of a acid lemon yellow than 108 which is warmer. Am sure it will be fine though.

I'd just go for the black top rather than worrying about a yellow top.

• Options

I prefer yellow bottle with black skull.  I think it's more in keeping with the rest of the pirate kit. Also I prefer just two skulls rather than the mosaic one.  The mosaic one looks too fussy.

• Options
    do you reckon this shows the colour difference accurately when compared to the real colours?  never sure about colours on computers.
    /members/images/154157/Gallery/yellow.JPG

• Options

JD yes in terms of showing how 108 is warmer. On my screen the 102 is still warmer than on the swatchbook, on the swatchbook it is still colder, and more 'acid' lemon.

Wouldn't worry about it though - just compared my swatchbook to my LG pirate top, and to my eyes it looks more like 102 than 108 anyway!

I'd say it was a near enough match for our purposes! image

• Options
    JD. wrote (see)

cake - looks like the bottles are around 80g.  so i think with packaging & delivery note we'll be over 100g.  how does that affect the costs?

thanks for your help

just see on their website it'll be 1.41 second class.  so add a bit on to that for the inevitable price rises.  plus packaging we're looking around 4.40-4.99 per bottle.  less for additional bottles i guess as postage shouldn't be much more.  any little bits of money left over to be ploughed back into pirate things, not necessarily the website.
  • Options
    DTB, Ultra Cake Pim.p wrote (see)

JD yes in terms of showing how 108 is warmer. On my screen the 102 is still warmer than on the swatchbook, on the swatchbook it is still colder, and more 'acid' lemon.

Wouldn't worry about it though - just compared my swatchbook to my LG pirate top, and to my eyes it looks more like 102 than 108 anyway!

I'd say it was a near enough match for our purposes! image

thanks ditchy.  well i should get the bottles later on this week if health and snow don't prevent me getting into the office.  then we can see. 
  • Options
    Barley x4
    Bedders x2
    Cake x2
    Callycat x2
    Cona x4
    Cougie x4
    Donald x2
    Ditchy x2
    Farnie x2
    Flyaway x2
    Gazmanmeister x4
    Hope x2
    K9 x2
    kittenkat x2
    Little N x2
    Magna Carter x2
    Meldy x2
    M.ister W x2
    orangecannon x2
    Purple x2
    Rio x2
    Seren x2
    Schmunkee x2
    Shiva x2
    Shuffle B (mrs OC) x2
    Silent Assassin x4
    Slimshady x2
    Sore Shins x2
    Soup Dragon x2
    Sue x2
    Tommygun2 x4
    Trogs x 4
  • Options

I don't like black bottles. You can't see the black fungus growing in them when they are dirty...image

I just weighed a 750ml bottle (High 5 type from Vitruvian) @ 88gms so providing the packaging was minimal it should come in under 100gms for posting.

• Options

jeez, i'm turning into lance armstrong weighing bottles. 

depending on the bottle with packaging it's just over or just under 100g.  think it's best to assume it'll be over.

• Options
    Next cost over 100g is 250g £1.62 first or £1.41 second. Think you will probibly be under 100g if you use a  jiffi bag or a plastic enverlope type bag through so wouldn't worry to much about it. Got prices for you in case any worries just chick on the prices made easy thingy and should have everything thing on. stamps
  • Options

Note:

Everyone has asked for 2 or 4  bottles so the cost will normally be for posting 2 or 4 bottles at the same time.

ie < 250gms.

• Options
    good point.  guess i should just sell them in pairs then.
  • Options
    Cake wrote (see)

Postage will £1.28 first or £1.08 second class asuming the bottles arn't really heavy or full of gin and 100g or under.image 

I was suprised that a single buff was over the limit so I think a bottle would be........multiple purchases will be cheaper but its easier to keep the price per item the same..............I might be persuaded to get a couple more if there are spares.........

although in general I would prefer yellow on black....for pirate things it has to be black on yellow.image

• Options
    Barley x4
    Bedders x2
    Cake x2
    Callycat x2
    Cona x4
    Cougie x4
    Crashie/Squishy x4
    Donald x2
    Ditchy x2
    Farnie x2
    Flyaway x2
    Gazmanmeister x4
    Hope x2
    K9 x2
    kittenkat x2
    Little N x2
    Magna Carter x2
    Meldy x2M.ister W x2
    Purple x2
    Rio x2
    Seren x2
    Schmunkee x2
    Shiva x2
    Silent Assassin x4
    Slimshady x2
    Sore Shins x2
    Soup Dragon x2
    Sue x2
    Tommygun2 x4
    Trogs x 4
  • Options
    Total at 78, only 422 more needed to meet that minimum order....
  • Options
    Cona wrote (see)
    Total at 78, only 422 more needed to meet that minimum order....

I thought min order was 150, but CBA to read through thread again

Edit : Was arsed.  Think it's 150 for black cap, 500 for yellow, but happy to be corrected

• Options
    Im sure we can get to 500 if we really Tri image
  • Options

Barley x4
    Bedders x2
    Cake x2
    Callycat x2
    Cona x4
    Cougie x4
    Crashie/Squishy x4
    Donald x2
    Ditchy x2
    Farnie x2
    Flyaway x4
    Gazmanmeister x4
    Hope x2
    K9 x2
    kittenkat x2
    Little N x2
    Magna Carter x2
    Meldy x2M.ister W x2
    Purple x2
    Rio x2
    Seren x2
    Schmunkee x2
    Shiva x2
    Silent Assassin x4
    Slimshady x2
    Sore Shins x2
    Soup Dragon x2
    Sue x2
    Tommygun2 x4
    Trogs x 4

I've been told to ask for more than I originally did. Bad wife.

I would think as long as JD sucks the air out of all the bottles before posting them, that they will be light enough. But I also think a large chunk will be deliverable in person - between FLM, various sportifs and the like?

• Options
    If JD does suck the air out of the bottles, will a Sterile Wet Wipe be included in the cost?
  • Options

Probably, I expect he has a few kicking around that his daughter uses!!

• Options
    Maybe we can get JD to fill them with helium and then the postage will be really cheap! And it will be more fun receiving them image
  • Options
    DTB, Ultra Cake Pim.p wrote (see)
    Maybe we can get JD to fill them with helium and then the postage will be really cheap! And it will be more fun receiving them image

*advance warning - geek alert*

It was proven on Brainiac that filling something with helium does not affect the price to the extent of offsetting the purchasing of the canister of helium image

*geekiness completed*

• Options

i can look at delivery options but to avoid ball ache i would prefer just posting them off unless money is an issue.  anyway, we can see.

• Options

Minor thought - cos that's all I'm capable of - thrown in for consideration. 

Script around the top section of the bottle 'Pirate Ship of Fools' or just 'PSOF'  instead of more skulls?