Sheffield social

Comments

• ET - i know, had similar problems last year and had to take a break.  its all related to my hernia as my pelvis isn't straight since the discomfort increased in December and its putting pressure on my right hip.  hopefully the op and rest will get sort it
  • ET - no worries about the weekend, will catch you soon I'm sure. Thanks for the pub recommendation!

On the shoe front like Dids says sizing can vary massively from brand to brand so before you buy online it is definitely worth trying on a pair somewhere so you're sure of what size you need.

• Aitch! wrote (see)
    Mozzy telling Baz and Cake to GO GO GO (and I was too) whilst shoveling chunks of chocolate into their mouthes!! One of the funniest things!

image And very gratefully received to are you still going to see the lovely Alex tomorrow, if you are your welcome for a cup of tea as always.

Morning all, for some reason our street have been cordoned off with street cones this morning. Was quite bizarre, but at least all the fecking commuters didn't park all alone it and if my mummy wants to pop round she doesn't have to park half a mile away.

• Has anybody seen any the Metcheck weather forecast for the next few days. Above 0C temperatures and rain. I'm hoping it's accurate.

The BBC is still forecasting cold and a bit more snow image

• Aitch! wrote (see)
    Mozzy telling Baz and Cake to GO GO GO (and I was too) whilst shoveling chunks of chocolate into their mouthes!! One of the funniest things!

It wasn't funny at the time. It was very traumatic although I can look back and smile slightly at it.

• The metcheck site has come into grief since it was set up for having daft information on it like 300 mile winds Baz so might not be. Have fingers crossed for anouther week of solid snow.  image
  • Cake wrote (see)
    Have fingers crossed for anouther week of solid snow.  image

I'll come round and cut your f*cking fingers off if you keep on like that.

• Word up peeps!

Is RW working ok for everyone? For some reason I can't see the thread in Clubhouse, the only way I can find it is by going to one of the email notifications I get and clicking on the link, very annoying! Can everyone else see it ok? Any ideas what's going on and how I can fix it??

• Stu - it's showing for me. You could try bookmarking it.
  • No problems here either.

Perhaps the interenet police at work are onto you!!!!

• The whole site has been playing up on and off all week. Luckily I'm anal and have no normal friends so always go though notifications anyway.
  • Ah right so it's not just me then, phew!

It's very weird, if I'm not logged into RW, I can see the thread but if I am then I can't! It's definitely not a work thing because it's the same at home on my personal laptop.

Tried bookmarking the thread Baz but it seems to take me back to the point it was bookmarked at so I then can't see any later posts! image

Hope it sorts itself out soon!

• ET - lokks like the Brass Monkey race numbers will be posted out from next week - I'll have to send mine on to you so will need ur address etc.  Do you want to PM through here or doo you have my e-mail address from Mozzies e-mails about race calendars and planning meeting etc?
  • Stu just a thought but have you accidentally blocked Aitch!? She started the thread so if you've blocked her you might not be able to see it.

Edit: Just tested this and it seems to make the thread disappear.

• Oh my God! Yes I had accidentally blocked Aitch, how the hell did that happen! Nothing personal, honest Aitch! image

Cheers Baz, I can now see the thread again! imageimage

• Stuart H wrote (see)

Oh my God! Yes I had accidentally blocked Aitch, how the hell did that happen! Nothing personal, honest Aitch! image

Is this one of those times where I misquote you and make it look like you were being nasty to Aitch!? image

• Worryingly that's the most interesting IT related problem I've had to solve today.
  • Loser Baz wrote (see)
    Stuart H wrote (see)

Oh my God! Yes I had accidentally blocked Aitch, how the hell did that happen! Nothing personal, honest Aitch! image

Is this one of those times where I misquote you and make it look like you were being nasty to Aitch!? image

Need to keep a close eye on you and your quotes Baz!

• Evenin! Just about recovered from my week at work -  In for a bit on Monday, kids sent home then staff and then a week of early morning phone calls to the school secretary to confirm that we wouldn`t be in. tbh, it`s been great having an extra Xmas week with my wife and daughter!  image

Snowing here at the mo so I`m hopeful that conditions will be OK to run tomorrow. I`m gradually getting the hang of these crazy conditions and it seems best to run on fresh snow so long as it`s not too deep. I`ve found that it really takes it out of my legs and the outside of my knees ache a fair bit. I`d like to get a long-ish run in this weekend if poss.

Diddz - let me know when the number arrives and we`ll sort something out.  Are you going to target a half before Sheff? There`s Liversedge and Retford, although the latter is on the same day as Dronfield.

• ET - will let you know.

Aiming to be fit to get round the Sheffield Half, but may then target the White Peak Half (22 May) as a proper half - it also the day b4 my birthday (29 again!!).

• Isn't the Sheffield half a proper half Dids?

I've had more 29th birthdays than I care to remember, Though not as many as Sheils image (she only ever skip reads this thread so she'll never notice).

• Mozzy wrote (see)

Isn't the Sheffield half a proper half Dids?

I've had more 29th birthdays than I care to remember, Though not as many as Sheils image (she only ever skip reads this thread so she'll never notice).

Yes it is, but not sure how fit will be by then so that will be a race b with the white peak a race a.

Sheils is on Facebook right now, so i will tell her what you said image.

• Wooohooo, more snow image

ET it's gotta be hard work running in powder, I went up Bleaklow in Feb when we had snow and my legs ached so much the following day - lots of fun though, snow up to knees all the way - occasionally hips! 

Off to edale to play tomorrow image

• ET - if you keep up the running in the snow, normal road running will feel easier should it ever melt image.

Have fun tomorrow Beks.

• Less of the enjoying the snow please. A slight shock when I got back to Hillsborough and realised I was walking on quite a lot of fresh snow.

Liversedge half is full by the way.

• PJAZ wrote (see

Mozzy wrote (see)

Isn't the Sheffield half a proper half Dids?

Yes it is, but not sure how fit will be by then so that will be a race b with the white peak a race a.

Sheils is on Facebook right now, so i will tell her what you said image.

You snitch!!! image