Sheffield social

Comments

• On the friday night is apple crumble with ice cream a good idea guys? Got to thing about timescale and stuff. Plue got to be enough time to listem to radio 4 as well.
  • Stuart H wrote (see)
    PJAZ wrote (see)

OK, so let me get this right:

- you are planning an Evening with Mozzy and her lethal (in the non-lethal sense) homemade curry and some booze to wash it down and then going for a 10m run in the morning around Mam Tor and Losehil - good luck with that.

Dids, don't think that would be a problem if it was the case but Dubbers night is Friday and then Mozzy's proposed run was for Sunday so I think we'll be alright.

Mozzy - that run sounds fab, can't wait!

I'm only jealous cos I'll still be housebound - its not fair, I want to come and play in the snow. image

• Aitch! Can`t believe you`re closed! We actually open for the first time since Monday morning. Hardly any kids here, conditions bad and we started late and shall be closing at 2pm!?!?! Enjoy a (deserved) day of chillaxing!

PJAZ and Sheila - yeap, I`m still in shorts, although I`ve taken to wearing some cycling type ones underneath my normal shorts. I`ve learnt that for next year I need some tights and some trail shoes, I reckon. Can`t afford them at the mo tho`!
  • I know! It gives me an extra day to do some work. We were closed Tues and Wed last week, open Thurs and Friday. The snow seems to have slowed right down. At least you know if you get stuck that my house is only a mile or so up the road so you could come here? Which way do you drive home? By pass or Coal Aston? I thought you might have loads off, what with lots of them having to travel. I had 9 off on Thursday and 11 off on Friday!! The thing is, most of them live in the village so there's not relly an excuse, unless they're ill (which some of them were).

Curry sound good Friday - I will mostly be avoiding the pudding though! I have lost 1.5lb this past week so managed to make a start with shifting the excess! Still no alcohol either.

• Can make it low fat if you want Aitch with low fat custard? Crumble is fairly low fat anyway, plus you can play curry roulette with me. Theirs a offer you don't get every day!imageimageimage
  • When you say Apple Crumble Cake, do you mean Tiramisu? image
  • image I think I know still how to make it. But would take a bit of time won't have to get the stuff ready and a few practice runs? Might not be a good idea unless Mozzy don't mind chocolate plastered all over her walls and saucepans?
  • Haha don't be daft, I was just jesting mate! image
  • image Joking about food booo!!!!!!!!image

Fancy re-learning how to make it now. Next social? image

• PLUM!! Hello! How long are you in Sheffield for??

Till friday

Off out tonight then running tomorrow night with Haile and the Penis Town lot

thurday and friday I can be yours, if you have the cash 

• image Penis Town? What the? image
  • That Plum coming over to mine Friday evening too then? image

Pud sounds fab Cake - Stu - 7.30ish? Or whenever you can makeit.

Dids - I always stand over my men making inappropriate coments about various parts. Probably why they never hang around for long. Maybe I shuld curb it but I just can't  help myself. image

• Woohoo re the weight loss Aitch! And re school being closed! image
  • Thank hon! You want us 7.30 then Moz? DO you need any help cooking as I could come over earlier if you like.

Plum I am busy Thur evening and we're round at Mozzy's for curry on Friday night. Ask her nicely though and she might let you come! Depends what time you're leaving the north though I guess?!
  • PJAZ wrote (see)

I hope you don't stand over them saying 'That's the wrong part!!'

You mean that's not helpful? image

Cake wrote (see)
    On the friday night is apple crumble with ice cream a good idea guys? Got to thing about timescale and stuff. Plue got to be enough time to listem to radio 4 as well.

I'm beginning to worry you have a radio 4 addiction, firstly late to the pub cos you were listening to it then delaying pudding!

Cake wrote (see)
    image Penis Town? What the? image

image There's always someone that has to lower the tone of a thread.....

I'll do the Raita with low fat yoghurt, other bits are low fat anyway (dependent on how we cook the poppadoms), will anyone be upset if I don't get Mango chutney?  Will buy some ready made if anyone has a real addiction to it!

• BM Becky wrote (see)
    Cake wrote (see)
    On the friday night is apple crumble with ice cream a good idea guys? Got to thing about timescale and stuff. Plue got to be enough time to listem to radio 4 as well.

I'm beginning to worry you have a radio 4 addiction, firstly late to the pub cos you were listening to it then delaying pudding!

That's not quite the full story though is it? I believe his actual words were something along the lines of... "I was playing in my cellar while listening to Radio 4 and lost track of time". It was only after I picked my jaw up off the floor that by "playing" Cake meant training on the Turbo, which happens in the cellar! imageimage

• image But you can listen to documentary's about former ambassadors to Russia heading up the Iraq enquiry. Plus every time I hear the archers I think I'm 8 again in my Grans kitchen.image
  • I've seen on another thread that Cake is a massive Take That fan. You learn something new everyday.
  • image I feel bloodshed may be in order?

Sorry for rubbish way passing that on but forgot to mention it to pritty much everyone at the weekend. Haile was saying about meeting up at ponds forge wednesday night anybody else interested?

• I was planning to swim or ski wednesday, so could be there....
    Or there's a VERY cheesy spin class, Cake with your love of TT I reckon it could be right up your street image  

• image Hell no but I have my orders. image 
  • Shoot - Wednesdays are normaly good for me but I'm in Nottingham this week and can't pass up the opportunity of a trip to Ikea.

Plan for the lighter evenings though - cycle out in to the peaks after work eh folks?

Was anyone up for the Castleton run on Sunday apart from me and Stu? 

• I'd love to, but 1) I think I might die if I ran with you & Stu, 2) running is still banned image  and 3) I don't want to risk cycling on ice before skiing....

So I reckon I'm off to castleford ski slope on sunday....

I'll try to go and see alex about a road bike though whilst I'm out of action, that way I'll be raring to go when I'm back off my jollies image 

• Mozzy wrote (see)

I'l be there in spirit image - does that count?  I would have thought Sheils might be up for a run like that.
  • Grrrrrrr I a annoyed by another thread! I think I just posted an angry post! image

Ahhh had a very productive day getting my planning done and my 4 page learning letter! We have to send one home every half term outlining what we'll be teaching, their targets, anything else they need to know etc. Even in size 11 font it's 4 full pages! Half the parents won't even bother to read it! I have SO much stuff to send home tomorrow and I know most of it will go in the bin! Grrr...

Right, must get to bed soon, very tired now. I hope we're in tomorrow - the kids are really going to miss too much if they have another day off!
  • Aitch! wrote (see)
    Grrrrrrr I a annoyed by another thread! I think I just posted an angry post! image 

What was the thread Aitch and why are you angry?!

Mozzy wrote (see)

ET - what with all this talk of trail shoes of late surely you're up for throwing yourself down a big hill?? How about Cake, youve been known to enjoy a bit of fell action?! Baz, you expressed an interest to begin with...
  • Aitch - the post annoyed me enough to reply and I'm not even a teacher!  Your post is totally reasonable image

Just been swimming and I think I may have had a breakthrough with the front crawl image

• Where is this thread? I want to see wha Aitch is like when she's angry!

BTW Aitch - thanks for the offer but no worries on the food front - I'll cook Thursday evening - curry is always better when it's festered for a bit anyway!

Bex - nice one re the swimming! I've just done 45mins on my turbo and 20 mins or so of pilates - nuff for me tonight as I didn't finish unitl well gone 10 as I have to get the kids sorted first. Run with my mate tomorrow - gonna see how I am on an 8 mile on/off road hilly route. Fingers crossed!

• Becky!! I have something to confess - I somehow managed to put you on ignore?!! Don't know how tht happened! I did think it was weird as earlier it said you had the last post then there was no post! And I didn't see your post on the 'skool' thread otherwise I'd have given you a 'well done'!! Sorry love!

Right, bed.

Night team
  • Not seen the thread but a quick stalk of Aitch's recent posts suggests that Love It is involved. Love It appears to be a dickhead of the highest order who seems to troll for fun. Block the twat would be my suggestion.

I'll be up for the run at the weekend. Weather dependant at the moment. I can't see for a second how it will beat the majestic treadmill run I did yesterday but I'm open to new experiences.

Spinning class for me tonight. Legs feel mashed now which is slightly concerning. Cycling out into the Peaks sounds like fun (in the summer).