Sheffield social

Comments

• It's the 'skool teachers' thread! I was a bit mean, I called him stupid! Yeah it's that one, Baz...
  • Love it is a bit of a d*ckhead at the best of times Aitch I wouldn't worry about it. Would be good to play sunday guys eseally as I have a full two weeks off after this week getting back all the time been slaving away at work at the moment. image Only problem is don't think I could keep up at the moment. What time are you guys heading out?

Bex well done. image Baz where did you go spinning? 

• Morning dudes. image

Not seen the thread but nice one Aitch - sounds like the guy deserves it, so don't worry about it. The only time I ever gave someone a piece of my mind was when it was suggested that the London Marathon should only be run by 'serious' runners I couldn't beleive the audacity (let alone the ignorance) - decided to ignore it - went for a run - changed my mind and returned to give him a piece of it. What a nob.

Anyawys - looks like a thaw may be on the way! Horay!

So - Castleton run Sunday - me, McStu, Baz, Cake and Dids in spirit?

Is your op tomorrow Dids? You feeling OK about it? I've scrubbed for numerous hernia repairs - pretty straightforward procedure - you'll be fine image

• Eyup lads and lasses!

Sorry to be so quiet recently - work is super, super busy, and looks likely to continue to be, right up until Wednesday 31 March, when we're supposed to submit our final evaluation report to our funding body, as well as handing in a massive research project that we're supposed to have finished in October2009. image

So it's unlikely I'll get much opportunity to join in the banter very often image but I'll do my best to keep up with it all! image

I think I may actually need to have words with people in my team about my workload - because my job was created to sort of fill some elements of various different staffing gaps, a few people are assuming that anything not done by anyone else is therefore, by default, done by me.

Well done on the swim, Becky, and good on ya, Aitch, for shouting that tosspot down on t'other thread. Hope the rest of you are well, and a belated image happy birthday to Stu!  image

Gah - I'll be glad when this fecking snow's gone.

S10 Health's been a bloody nightmare as well recently:

• steam room out of order for over a month (meh - not too much of a problem image)
    • no hot water for over a week image - they suggest you walk over to the sports centre building if you want a hot shower, which is all well and good, but not if you've just come out of the pool....image
    • air con's been blowing out hot air since Saturday, which has made spin classes extra image!
    • ancient spin bikes have received their annual image service - good for the next month or so, but they'll be back to clunking like feck thereafter...

If it weren't for it being so close to where I live and having a decent pool, I'd have cancelled my membership a long while ago - there isn't the variety of classes there are at other gyms, either, although there are a couple of really, really good spin instructors and I love the Thursday night pilates class.

I think the management think they can get away with having crap customer service because it's a university gym, but Sport Hallam does a hell of a lot better, and I'd go back there like a shot if it weren't for the lack of pool...

I'd love to come for a run on Sunday, if it weren't for the fact my parents will still be up, and my dad's been really struggling with his running of late...

Anyway - I need to catch up with a couple of other threads, but then I have shedloads of work to get on with.

Bye for now!

• Cake That - I did spinning at Hillsborough Leisure Centre. Still not keen on the fact you can't book at Ponds Forge plus Hillsborough is walking distance.
  • "Cake That" - nice one, Baz! image

Ooops - back to my evaluation work... image

• Just had a call from Haile, Raised a few eye brows because forgot to switch off mobile. Sterile office and suddenly Lars Fredricson and the b*rstards pumping out everywhere. His on for tomorrow popping down there about 6 with me meeting him after w**k around 6.30 if anybody else is interested? And no I'm not changing ring tone to take that before anyone says it.
  • We had a power cut at 7.15 this morning - just as Little Didds was in the middle of his shower.  Fortunately he's a brave little boy and just stood in the shower while I raced to get my trusty Alpkit Gamma headtorch - which i keep in my bedside drawer.  Its amazing how dark the house went.

Had it been Junior Didds in the shower - he's have screamed until the power came back on - which wasn't til 8.30am.

Aitch - good on you for sticking up for your profession, but be  careful of responsing to deliberate posts intended to wind people up - they are best ignored.

Cake That - brill!!!

• LS21LS21 ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Cake That - genius!! image

I only popped in to say all teachers are work-shy good for nothings, posties deserve to be shot and that the London Marathon should only let people in who are capable of doing a sub-3 hour time - so I'll crack on now.

As you were.

• I would have to agree with one of those statements but not telling you which one. At the end of the day Aitch anyone can use this site and the internet is full of nutter's, so I wouldn't loss sleep over it. Would have said something on there as well but people started talking about grammar!image
  • You're not saying my brother should be shot, are you? image
  • Lady Pineapple wrote (see)
    You're not saying my brother should be shot, are you? image

It would seem so.

Cool pic LP - is that really you?

• PJAZ wrote (see)
    Cool pic LP - is that really you?
    'Tis indeed.  Colours reversed from a FB pic - decided I wanted something that looked more like me than the cartoon pineapple, but without being too obviously me.
  • Shit.  Really need to get back to work. image
  • Sunday run? Might be up for it. What, where, when , how , etc?! Does it involve getting wet / muddy?
  • Sheils-Sheils- ✭✭✭

Sunday run is a definite maybe for me. I like the sound of it but am a bit worried that I won't be able to keep up with you lot. I've not done that far before (well, I've walked it many times) but I did manage 8 miles last Sunday so it's not much further is it? I supose it'd be good training for if I decide to do the Tigger Tor too. Mmmmm I think I may just have talked myself into it.

Will let you know one way or another when I see you on Friday Mozzy. 

If you go to Ikea tomorrow could you pick me up one of their big bags of tea lights and I'll give you the money on Friday? Cheers

Didds- hope all goes well tomorrow (it is tomorrow isn't it)?

If you're feeling ok and bored out of your brain and  decide you're up to going to Mozzy's on Friday I could give you a lift if you like.

• the egyptian (mistle) toe wrote (see)
    Sunday run? Might be up for it. What, where, when , how , etc?! Does it involve getting wet / muddy?

You'll need to stay behind after school to catch up.

Its up and over the Castleton Ridge (Mam Tor and Losehill) - so yes, wet, snowy, muddy, slippy, cold and brilliant image.

See how they organise all these fun things when i can't go imageimage

• Sheila D wrote (see)

Didds- hope all goes well tomorrow (it is tomorrow isn't it)?

If you're feeling ok and bored out of your brain and  decide you're up to going to Mozzy's on Friday I could give you a lift if you like.

You should do the run - I would imagine its more of a social run that a race.

Yes it is tomorrow.  I need to be there for 9am - so hopeful the butchery wil be over by lunchtime and I'll be home mid-afternoon.

Thanks for the offer, its not the getting there thats an issue but that i really need to take my recovery seriously - both so that i am not incapacitated any longer than necessary and that i get back to my running ASAP.  After my last op I tried to do too much too soon (cos i felt OK) and ended up with an extra week of recovery as a result.

• Fingers crossed all goes well, Didz.image
  • P daddy it will be fine so don't worry. The only thing you need to be worried about is tonight when you have to resist stuffing food in your face in case you turn into a gremlin. image
  • Cake wrote (see)
    P daddy it will be fine so don't worry. The only thing you need to be worried about is tonight when you have to resist stuffing food in your face in case you turn into a gremlin. image
    LOL - I have a book of post it notes which i am going to write 'DO NOT EAT' on and stick them all over the fridge, biscuit tin and sweet tub after my tea tonight.
  • Dids - I have a jolly comfy settee that you can put your feet up on which is in the kitchen so you won't miss out on any banter. It's leather too so I won't mind if you spill your curry all over it. Waddya say eh?

Did a fabulous run this morning with my mate Dawn (wife of my jolly lovely friend who sold his bike to Cake That) 10 miles through the woods and valleys round here - absolutley beautiful! Took us an age because it was like running on sand in parts (and to be fair I'm a bit un-fit). Further than I'd planed as I'm still supposed to be building up slowly, but protein'd/iced/pilate'd on return so hopefully I'll be ok. However I do have a feeling that it may be me slowing everyone down on Sunday!

Sheils is up for it wehey!! image

McStu - have you been out fot a run with Carol yet? I'll text her to see if she fancies coming along on Sunday if she's not working.

So - Cake That you need to let me know which Spinervals DVD you want me to pick up for you from TFN - got your tea lights on me Ikea list Sheils. Anyone else need owt? 

• Looking at the bank I'm going to give the DVD a miss this month cheers for thinking off me through will take anouther look after pay day and order in the post. Spent more than I should have done last weekend.
  • I'll pick one up if I have time Cake and see if they're any good. May be better of with an iPod anyway!
  • Been resisting getting a ipod for years because I like album cover's and general old school John Peel type geekiness. My HiFi broke last month and now going slightly mad. image
  • Cake That - if you want a cheap iPod to ease yourself in then I may well have just the thing for you.
  • 1740 entrants so far for the SIGISHM 2010. I'm guessing it's going to fill again this year before the day.
  • I resisted an iPOD until July, after 2 runs I gave in and decided it was essential for running and long flight to nepal.  I would still rather buy CDs than download stuff though - theres' something better about having a CD, I can't explain what!

Cake That - I can make ponds forge, swim or cheese tastic spin class (6:10)... then pilates at 7?