Sheffield social

Comments

• Oh you lot stop this or I will show angry face. image

Bex do you mean tonight or Wednesday? Going to be playing in the pool if Wednesday but could introduce you to Haile if you want after we are all fineshed, he's a very nice man. With luck Plum will be about as well, never met plum in the flesh before so he/she might be a git or a cool person but always better to met people so you know they aren't nutter's you speak to on the tin'ternet. That's unless of course they are Mozzy in which case you confirm it. image

• Bummer re Wednesday as normally I can make Wednesdays but this week I'll be in Ikea getting Sheils her tea lights. image
  • Sheils-Sheils- ✭✭✭
    And very much appreciated it is tooimage Ooops, I should be at work shouldn't I?
  • Mozzy wrote (see)

Dids - I have a jolly comfy settee that you can put your feet up on which is in the kitchen so you won't miss out on any banter. It's leather too so I won't mind if you spill your curry all over it. Waddya say eh?

Sounds fabulous, but I will have to grace it another time.  I don't think Mrs Didds will be too impressed if I tell her I'm off out and I don't think I'll have recovered enough to be able to outrun her by Friday.
  • PJAZ wrote (see)
    Mozzy wrote (see)

Dids - I have a jolly comfy settee that you can put your feet up on which is in the kitchen so you won't miss out on any banter. It's leather too so I won't mind if you spill your curry all over it. Waddya say eh?

Sounds fabulous, but I will have to grace it another time.  I don't think Mrs Didds will be too impressed if I tell her I'm off out and I don't think I'll have recovered enough to be able to outrun her by Friday.

You could use the bread shortage excuse.

• Baz - you are the king of the one liners!!! image
  • Just a little taster for Sunday:

http://admin2.clikpic.com/bazza2/images/Mam-Torr117--sharp1.jpg

http://admin2.clikpic.com/mikethemountain/images/mamtorrfence.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2567/4202683517_3d94454a25.jpg

• And some more (shame there isn't a caf on Mam Tor!!). I'm just torturing myself.

• Thanks for the pics and video Dids! Really whet my appetite and I can't wait now! All the best for tomorrow mate. image

Mozzy wrote (see)

McStu - have you been out fot a run with Carol yet? I'll text her to see if she fancies coming along on Sunday if she's not working.

What with Christmas / New Year and her working weekends occasionaly we've not managed to coordinate yet, good idea about Sunday though.

Good news! Don't have to go to London Thurs / Fri now as the meetings have been cancelled, some people are afraid of a bit of snow apparently! So no worries about getting to yours on Friday now Moz. image

• image Good luck in the morning now get to bed!

Guys need to know what time your planning for sunday. Got to get some lenths in the pool first thing so the quicker I know the quicker I can plan my day.

• Dids - will be thinking of you today - don't sweat it - you'll be absolutely fine. You do need to take it easy afterwards though you are absolutely right. Take the painkillers that they give you on a regular basis - it's much better to keep on top of the pain than to wait until it hurts then take something. A couple of days down the line and things will have settled down. Plenty of rest - especially in the first few days post op - even if you feel fine, thus tempted to go and clean out the rabbit cage - DON'T!!! Ayway - you won't need it but good luck image

Good news re the London trip McStu! Txted Carol and mentioned it to a couple of the SP's who may be up for it. The earlier the better for me but can fit in with everyone else - much nicer to get out there before the hoardes descend! I'll not be able to post until later this evening so feel free to make a decision re time without me - or we could discuss on Friday?

Have a grand day everyone and text me if you need me to pick anything up from Ikea for you!

• Morning all

Don't know if you can read this, Didz, but if so, Good Luck!

If you're not able to read this, never mind - I'll send you some Good Luck vibes anyway. image

Gah!  ICE everywhere now.  Walk to work an absolute nightmare - there were parts where it was actually safer to CRAWL across the ground to cross the road than try and waddle like a penguin over the ice and end up falling over - I'd get my knees wet either way. image

If this ruins my graduation ceremony on Friday, I might actually start believing in God purely so I can have somebody to get angry at. image

• What the hell happened over night? I don't think I've ever seen ice this bad.

• First step out of my door, nearly ended up flat on my arse! This is what it was like at my folks over christmas, melting snow + sleet + refreeze = chaos!
  • Yowsa!  Glad you escaped a fall, Stu!

Oh dear.  I've just bought and eaten a huge double choc muffin to cheer me out of my weather-related sulk.

I have also cancelled my spin class booking for this evening, because it's going to be a bugger of a job getting to and from the gym.

Now is not the time for calorie restriction.

• Baz - Mad isn`t it?! I came the closest I`ve ever been to having a car crash on the way to work. Coming off the A61 onto the slip-road I skidded and span 360 degrees. The car behind me also skidded but managed to miss me by centimetres. On the side of the road, there was one car in the hedge and a car wrapped around a lamp post. Our school site was treacherous and is now closed but I was very nervous on the drive home TBH. image
  • I keep hearing ambulances going by...image
  • Rubbish day for the ice kept hearing ambuances as well on the way in ans was very late for work because of a accident somewhere in the ring road. Streets are like a death trap with ice. image 

Know it rained for a time last night plus all the ice melting so don't think I'm going to be running or even walking anywhere for a few days. There isn't even any grit for anyone to sort out the paths. Be careful out there.

Lady P have you got your hat and posh clothes ready for your graduation?

Anyone on firday got any problems with coconut, milk, nuts etc...? Getting the bramleys tonight or tomorrow.

• Woah, it's scary out there - Glad you're all ok!

I had a very interesting waddle to work... most of it is up hill and at one point I just looked like I was on a treadmill.... I was stuck in the same place trying to walk up and sliding down for what felt like ages, I must have begun to look worried as someone shouted to ask if I was OK - figured I would be if I could slide towards the more frozen slush rather shan black ice image

Eventually got in to find I should have been off till 12 cos I've got to work till 8 image  but since one of our staff is currently in A&E (along with half of sheffield I think) having fallen I've been allowed to stay and take leiu time at another point.

Still it made me chuckle that iPOD shuffle threw on "I'm still standing" just as I got to work!

• Sheils-Sheils- ✭✭✭

So glad I don't work in A&E!!!!!

Be careful everyoneimage

• image I can't make Friday night now,

Clutch has gone in my car, and then I span it 180 degrees this morning on sheet ice so have decided I'm not leaving the house again till March.
  • Cake wrote (see)
    Lady P have you got your hat and posh clothes ready for your graduation?

Nope. Not yet. image

There are specific slots for gown and hat collection according to what ceremony you're attending - I'm supposed to collect them either tomorrow between 4.30 and 5.30pm, or in the morning, at least an hour before my ceremony, which starts at 9.30am! image

Doesn't look like I'll be able to avoid walking on ice again in the dark then...imageimage

I have got a nice dress, jewellery and shoes to wear, although I might swap the nice shoes for something more practical...image

• whos getting the honoury Dr for your one?

KJ are you alright?

• No idea who's getting an honorary doctorate, Cake - I'll let you know when I find out!

Hope you're okay, KJ!

• I'm ok, I'm just very glad the car stopped eventually without hitting anything and then a nice man turned it round for me whilst I stood there shaking.

Officially fed up of the winter now.

• January sucks ass.  Official.  And this particular January more than any other.
  • What do we reckon the chances of the park run happening on Saturday are??
  • Stuart H wrote (see)
    What do we reckon the chances of the park run happening on Saturday are??
    *Splutters with ironic laughter*