Toffees

I keep having nose bleeds, not used to being this high up the league.

Comments

• It's about time those boyz in blue got their act together after so long in the wilderness - not unlike those other boys in blue about fifty miles east who have similiarly been in the shadow of Utd for so long.

It wont happen in North London though. The boys from White Hart Lane have difficulty tying their shoelaces together these days.
  • I was in a pub in Liverpool watching the Manchester derby, guess who they were cheering for.
  • I may not be the most independent of observers, but watching United on Saturday, they are nowadays a long way removed from the invincible squad of 2 to 3 years ago.

Their decline is quite clear now, despite the talent at their disposal. Two years ago, if they went one behind, you know they would come back and score three or four - Cole and Yorke were on fire then.

Now, they don't, and can't. Their defence is a bit of a joke with schoolboy howlers from the Nevilles, Blanc and Barthez a regular feature, and a 'thin; forward line these days.

Early days yet, but they may struggle to reach a Champions League qualification place this year.
  • GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Can't see MUFC not getting to the Champions league - as soon as Butt & Keane get fit again they'll be a different team. Methinks that the chequebook may well be out in Jan for a few defenders. Chelsea will start to stumble and the others - NUFC, Leeds et al - just haven't got it at the moment.
  • But Crewe have! Enjoyed a 2-1 win over Brentford, should have had a few more as they were down to 9 men (naughty boys). Rob Hulse will not be here when the transfers open up in the new year.
  • PULEEEEEZEEEEEEEE!
  • Snoop
    "It's about time those boyz in blue got their act together after so long in the wilderness - not unlike those other boys in blue about fifty miles east who have similiarly been in the shadow of Utd for so long."

Geographically I agree, Sheffield Wednesday should be in a better position than the Blades.

• The once-mighty (1962) Ipswich held Sheff U to a 0-0 on Saturday. Just shows how much we've dropped when that is seen as a reasonable result for us.
  • GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Now that you've got Joe Royle there, do you fancy taking Duncan Ferguson off our hands Tractor?