YES!!!

I know, I know - I don't care about times BUT I do have a bet on with a certain forumite atm...

13.1 miles in 1:36 (breaking my HM PB of 1:45 by 9 minutes!)

Bring it on Puffy.

Comments

• Well done D2D- thats brilliant & especially for someone with a much doubted training schedule !! image
  • ShivaShiva ✭✭✭
    Well done, what race was this in?
  • It's on already, what's changed? You're doing what you do, I'm doing what I do.

Well done, good luck, see you back here 25th April image

• great time D2Dimage

was this a long slow run or a speed session..............

great run but my money is still on mr Puffy........the bet is for 25th april not how many PB's you break in trainingimage

• 6.5 mile route or 6.5km  ......????

....or measured using the footpod?

If it's genuine, great time D2D, you should be able to run 3.15 off that, so if it's not quite right you could end up looking foolish...

...god forbid that should happen...

• ROUND OF APPLAUSE..image...FANTASTIC GOING, WELL DONE!
  • Well done!

However, I do think a 3:15 marathon is a bit unlikely off that, unless you're doing crazy mileage or that wasn't an all-out effort

I'm missing something, what's the bet?

• D2D  its easy to shut up your doubters.................put the garmin splits on here.........after all the ribbing she took last year when she got the measurements wrong when she boasted about how fast her run was.......................she is hardly going to come on here and do the same mistake again....

I'm amazed at your ability to run so fast on a training race.......

I couldn't find a race so I tried to do a race..........on my own......just couldn't get the adrenaline flowing so couldn't get my pace up.............any tips on how to the get the adrenaline up to make it like a race situation

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Glad to hear your training is going well (I think) D2D but I would strongly recommend you run a proper HM race, under race conditions, with a number on, to get an idea how you're really progressing. You'll be surprised how much you can push yourself (oh hang on, you don't care about times so you won't push yourself... or am I misunderstanding your blatant contradictions today? image ), especially if you've rested up for a few days before hand.  Your official race time will give you a more reliable figure to plug in to the race time predictors so we can see how achievable your 3:15 target is looking.

• 3:30 is her target so she is well on track ..................................unless an injury crops up
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    Beg your pardon.  Yes, a 1:36 HM at this stage is well on track for a 3:30.  Come on D2D, get that race number on!
  • Jason27 wrote (see)

Well done!

However, I do think a 3:15 marathon is a bit unlikely off that, unless you're doing crazy mileage or that wasn't an all-out effort

Yeah that was me, i must admit i just plucked 3.15 out of thin air...! image

But then again, she did say she did 7:20 a mile in training, and few peole would run slower in a race, so under race conditions, 7:26.2 for a  3:15 marathon, is achievable...if unlikely.

• Whatever you're doing seems to be working - keep it upimage
  • lardarse wrote (see)

Jason27 wrote (see)

Well done!

Yeah that was me, i must admit i just plucked 3.15 out of thin air...! image

But then again, she did say she did 7:20 a mile in training, and few peole would run slower in a race, so under race conditions, 7:26.2 for a  3:15 marathon, is achievable...if unlikely.

Good point, if this was at LSR pace then she could be well under 3 hours for marathon pace image 

Then again, maybe not... I think the half marathon time could definitely be reduced considerably in a race though.  Will be interesting to see... some people can do solo TTs almost to race speed, many (such as myself) can't!

• Nah - races should be on saturdays - Sunday races take up all the weekend..pain in the arse image

..and Friday is a good rest day!!

• ShivaShiva ✭✭✭

I agree with some of the other people on here, if its not in a race it doesn't count as a PB.  If your footpod is out by .5 mile on your loop than you will be a mile short, which would put your time at about 1:43 which would seem closer to your other times.  That sort of error is not uncommon when measuring your own routes.  I used a friends footpod to measure a 5 mile route that later turned out to be 4.75 miles.

Either way, it's still progress and I wish you luck on beating 95 mins. I think sub 90 is a little ambitious as well, but aim high and all that.  

Good luck

edited for bad spelling

• Yay, its the D2D and Jokerman show again.

This forum is like one of those bad digital TV channels, rerun after rerun after rerun..........