Options

I am a runner!

After 18 months of road running, i have got all the gear, had blisters, shin and knee injuries, completed several 10km and half marathons and one full marathon, but only this morning on my early morning run did some goon lean out of his car window and shout 'run forrestt run' at me! I have arrived, I am...A RUNNER!

Comments

• Options
    Congratulations.  I think you should celebrate this moment...
    http://www.francetravelguide.com/files/2008/12/champagne_toast-268x300.jpg

• Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    I hope you didn't stop till you'd grown a full beard!
  • Options
    i'm still running phil, left belfast this morning, wont stop til i get to cork, then i think I'll just turn around and run right on back again!
  • Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

'av it!  Sod the 10% rule. 

Bearing in mind your route, I'll wish you happy St Patrick's day!  A few pints of the black stuff should keep you going.  image

• Options
    Amen to that! Happy St Patricks day!
  • Options

Congrats, Last Place!! image  Although f**k Paddy's Day - I'm in Cork and it pisses me off. image

• Options

Fuck Paddy's Day?!!!!  ..then again if I was in Cork, I would probably be miserable too.

• Options
    whys that blimpy? are you working?
    It pisses me off because I'm working and theres no point going out after work because everyone else has been on the sauce since 11am and they all pass out at about 7pm!
    but I used to love it when I was a student and I was part of that.
  • Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

I was trying to ring a company switchboard in Limerick half of this morning, till it dawned on me that they weren't being totally unprofessional in not answering.

D'oh!

• Options
    tell me about it phil, we are in northern ireland (and have to work) and we deal with companies in the north and south of Ireland. My phone hasn't rang once today, i have had no e-mails and have had no luck getting hold of anyone by phone myself. I have never had such a boring st pats day (I had a good 10 mile run before work this morning though)

Do you sell into Ireland Phil? I'm about to leave my current job to join a company in Swindon as Irish sales manager, do you travel across here?
  • Options
    No I'm not working, I just hate the fact that all the scumbag chav twats think that because it's Paddy's Day, it gives them the right to get completely pissed and cause trouble and just generally act the maggot.  The f**king idiots 2 doors down from me took enough alcohol into their house this afternoon to open an off-icence!  I dread to think what it's going to be like in the early hours of the morning.
  • Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

lp - Yes, now and then!  I recruit for engineers so I talk to manufacturing companies over there. Had the odd trip to Dublin and Cork a few years ago when there was a fair bit of pharmaceutical stuff going on.  If I get any joy out of Limerick it's probably time for another visit.

Blimpy - Or as I know it over here, Guinness & O'Neill's Marketing Day.  image