Support Group 2

Group 2

The list below contains the name and details of all supporters/runners who are in this support group.

Supporters
Barley
Purpletrilady and Paula
Lee the Pea

Runners
Addick Gal
Angela Hall 3 ***
Basil Brush Mk II
Bikermouse
Claire Marshall 9
Cupcakes Jess (first timer)
Dina Mo
Hayley Nunn 2 (first marathon)
Jacky Patching (first marathon)
Jaffa_
Jenni Fox (first marathon)
Joddly
Jon Charles (1st London)
Kittenkat
Kitty_The_Cat
Lindsy Gray
Mike Halpin 2 (first marathon)
Penny W
Rachel Dolan
Ruby77
Sarah Lawrence 3
Sunluvva
SUSAN Cunningham 2 (1st marathon)
Way Too Slow
Way2Slow

The supporters need to know:

Forum name
Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum)
Race number
Estimated time to mile 17
What you'll be wearing
Any special needs*

*Special Needs - All reasonable requests will be catered for i.e. SIS/High 5 gel, banana, Jelly Babies, boiled sweets etc, even lager & Guiness have been requested before. To be sure we have what you need or for more obscure requests please leave items at the Runners World stand at the registration Expo. Supporters will be collecting them Thursday, Friday & Saturday. Items should be market with: name, race number & support group number.

Location of Support area

With approx 40,000 runners it is almost impossible to pick out individuals as they pass, therefore its important you know where to spot us.

The support area is on the right hand side of the road at the pelican crossing by mudchute DLR station. There is a water station immediately after the 17 mile point, pelican crossing is immediately after the water station. I will post a close of google map/google earth image of the area with exact location shortly.

Supporters will be standing in sequential group order along the course. The area will be festooned with blue and yellow balloons so should be easy to spot, there will also be a large '100 yards to RW Supporters' sign hung up. When you get to us, look out for the support group numbers and go over to you're respective group.Please use this thread to ask any questions and look out for further information which will be posted up until the race. Any final instructions will be posted Sunday 18th April.

Good luck everyone..

Comments

• A big welcome to all group 2 runners, we're at your service image

If you could post the information requested above and any question you have..  cheers
  • Adding Nancy Louise to our list of runners

Runners
    Addick Gal
    Angela Hall 3 ***
    Basil Brush Mk II
    Bikermouse
    Claire Marshall 9
    Cupcakes Jess (first timer)
    Dina Mo
    Hayley Nunn 2 (first marathon)
    Jacky Patching (first marathon)
    Jaffa_
    Jenni Fox (first marathon)
    Joddly
    Jon Charles (1st London)
    Kittenkat
    Kitty_The_Cat
    Lindsy Gray
    Mike Halpin 2 (first marathon)
    Penny W
    Rachel Dolan
    Ruby77
    Sarah Lawrence 3
    Sunluvva
    SUSAN Cunningham 2 (1st marathon)
    Way Too Slow
    Way2Slow
    Nancy Louise
  • Just popping in to see what the 'neighbours' are up to image
  • Way Too Slow reporting as requested!!! image

Good to see TP is popping over to see what the best group are up to!! image

My details:

Forum name: Way Too Slow
    Name: Mike
    Race number: 9367
    Estimated time to mile 17: I'll update this once I've decided on my pace for the day
    What you'll be wearing: Blue/white Cancer Research top with Mike on the front and Way Too Slow on the back
    Any special needs: Do you need me to bring my SIS gels to the expo?

I'm getting so excited now we've all been divided up!!

• joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

Ooh, brilliant - I've got the best supporters' group image! Thanks, Barley.

I think I've given you most of my info, and it's now likely that I'll be wearing a pirate top. You won't confuse me with KK though, as I'll be about half an hour behind her!

• Evening All!!! Welcome to the BEST RW support group of the lot!!! image Hee hee hee. Let's get the friendly rivalry kicked off eh?!

I'll be one of your screaming supporters this year along with Barley, Purpletrilady & Paula. I ran (well, plodded) the marathon last year, so I was on the other side of the fence so to speak. I can't tell you how fantastic it was to get to mile 17 and see the lovely RW folks all screaming and cheering, waiting for us to turn up!!! It was such a welcome sight, and the hugs I got were much needed. So this year i'm really looking forward to being able to return the favour and cheer all you guys on image I promise not to eat all the Jelly babies before you get there imageimage

Looking forward to getting to know you all on this thread, before standing scanning thousands of faces until you appear! Woo hoooooooo image
  • Boom Boom! Basil Brush reporting for duty, SAH!

Forum Name: Basil Brush

Real Name: I finks yoo lot wots is supporting me noes this, innit?

Race Number: Not a bloomin' clue.

Estimated time to mile 17: When I get there

What I'll be wearing: Attractive snot-green Asthma UK running vest, emblazoned with the same as last year

Any special needs: Many, which is how I ended up running this marathon in the first place...

Sorry, will give you some proper information at some point in the next few days when a) I've had a bit more sleep and b) I've found my VLM pack again. 

I finks group two is da best group, innit, though?! image

• Hi Pea, have you figured out how to fuel-inject the Jelly Babies with gin, yet? image
  • BASIL!!!! image OMG that is a fabulous idea on the JBs, I must investigate this further..... Then I really would eat them all, nomnomnomnomnomnom
  • Make sure you keep a couple for me...I'll need a bit of an, *ahem*, boost at that point.... image
  • Hi there.  Also reporting as requested image

This is a brill idea and something to keep us all motivated during the marathon. Thank you soo much.

Forum Name: Angela Hall 3

Name: Angela

Race Number: 24699

Estimated time at mile 17: Approx 2hrs 45 mins

What I'll be wearing: Blue, green and White Alzheimer's society t-shirt with ANGIE on front in black letters, and a blue running elephant on the back.

Any special needs: Judging by this weekend's performance on my long run, probably a stretcher and a massage and a number for a TAXI to take me to the finishing line!! lol image.  Seriously though, lots of positive encouragement, a huge hug and I will decide before the EXPO if I will need any more Gels and leave them at the runners world stand.

Thanks again and looking forward to meeting you very soon!

• Welcome Angela image I'm sure Barley will be happy to massage anything you want when you arrive image There will be plenty of hugs going round too image

Basil, I'll keep some Special JB's for you, I promise image

Barley - have you got a big spreadsheet to log the info, or do you want me to start one?
  • Vodka infused Jelly beans would taste better than gin. Or how about Vodka jellies?!!
  • MMMMMMMM, good idea also. I fear this may be the drunken support group *hic* image

I could buy some watermelons and start injecting them with vodka, hehehehe
  • Hi everyone, thanks for checking it, good luck with avoiding people with colds and stuff over the next (ooo is it only 18 days).

Lee, that would be great if you could get spreadsheeting with the runners details, im a bit busy with work at the moment and ive also got to sort out a pirate kit order.

If youre feeling like earning extra brownie points you could have a go at our team sign?

Basil, there will be no TAXI's HTFU image
  • No worries boss, i'll get on to the spreadsheet tonight image 

I could have a go at the sign, only issue is getting it there.....i'll not be able to get to London until early Sunday morning, as i'm in Chelmsford the night before at a wedding, and i'm only flying in to Stansted on Saturday.  Unless it was just paper & I rolled it up?!  I'll PM you later actually, saves bumbling on on here....

• Hi there, thank you for letting me in with my late request to join your group - its my first marathon and I feel I have found my natural home in a group already discussing what alcohol to inject into jelly beans for the best results - I have obviously been wasting my time with those disgusting gels...
    my details are
    Forum name : Nancy Louise

Name : Nancy

Race number: 54015 (red start)

Estimated time to mile 17 : not sure but about 3 hours I hope

What I'll be wearing : red vest for Prostate Cancer Research Foundation Charity (PCRF)with Nancy on front - and, if we manage to meet up, I'm running beside my brother who is slowing himself down so he can run nearer my pace by wearing a full Carmen Miranda outfit including a bowl of fruit on his head

Any special needs - none as yet - I like idea of taxi on standby but so hoping I won't need it

• Welcome Nancy, thanks for the info.  Your brother's outfit sounds fab!!!!  I don't think we'll have any trouble spotting him! hahaha.

Joddly, could you let me have your details and i'll shove them in to the spreadsheet?  If you prefer to PM them, that's no bother image

• i don't think so either - he's done about 20 marathons as a serious competitor but I think this will be his best one...
  • Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

Basil, there will be no TAXI's HTFU image

Oi, Barlos, it wasn't me who wanted the taxi!

Although frankly I think it sounds like a great plan image

• For a small fee I may be able to organise a rikshaw thingy image

Now I should really know this, but what time does the mara kick off again?  I need it for the spreadsheet image

• This thread's dropping far too low down the forum list....so, any more Group Two Groupies about?!
  • ROLL UP ROLL UP!!!!!! Come and be hugged at mile 17 image We can even ply you with alcohol. Eh, I mean JBs and juice!!! image
  • Alcohol??? Did someone mention alcohol???? image

Not that I would partake of course! I'm a highly trained athlete aren't I?? image

• Aren't we all WTS?!

*hic*

;-)

OOh this thread is quiet. Don't know where everyone is. Are they training??? image Surely not.... Isn't it taper time yet?

Taper = sit and relax and bask in the glow of all the hard work put in so far, whilst carb loading and making sure one does not get over dehydrated. That's the dictionary definition innit?
  • I'm not dehydrated - honest!

Well stocked up with anti-oxidants, that's me!! image

Cheers (clinks glasses)

• Cheers! *clinks glass back* image I'm actually supping some Rioja at the mo, and since i've been doing a lot of training recently (for me anyway), and i've also not had booze for ages, this second glass has gone straight to my head imageimage
  • Hi all,

Here are my details

Forum name    Rachel Dolan

Name     Rachel

Race number     35335

Estimated time to mile 17   3 hours ish maybe

What you'll be wearing     Red BHF t-shirt with Rachel on

Any special needs     Not sure yet!!

Getting nervous. It's my first marathon.  Feeling sick when I think about it.  Nice to know there'll be some support there.  Thanks in advance!!!