Support Group 10

Group 10

The list below contains the name and details of all supporters/runners who are in this support group.

Supporters
Karen Sims and hubs
GillyMac
Julia Lyubova
Colin (contact thru Linzi I)

Runners
Ash Mann
Bluemoon.....
Cazmo78
Crazydiamond (first marathon)
EI22RE
Funny Hat
Hog's Trotter (first marathon)
Johnersh (first marathon)
Karl (Brighton, then London)
Leslie Stoddart
Longboat (Karen Sims' support group please)
Mark Street 2 (Beanie on the front of my Bowel & Cancer Research shirt)
Mattoo (first marathon)
Noodler
Pud (OTBC)
RobotMad
Snapdragon
Steve Pitt (dressed as Sportacus)
Troublesome Knees
william Foley
Susan King 3
xxxpancho
Yaffles (first marathon)
Zaba
Melon
Anne-Marie King

The supporters need to know:

Forum name
Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum)
Race number
Estimated time to mile 17
What you'll be wearing
Any special needs*

*Special Needs - All reasonable requests will be catered for i.e. SIS/High 5 gel, banana, Jelly Babies, boiled sweets etc, even lager & Guiness have been requested before. To be sure we have what you need or for more obscure requests please leave items at the Runners World stand at the registration Expo. Supporters will be collecting them Thursday, Friday & Saturday. Items should be market with: name, race number & support group number.

Location of Support area

With approx 40,000 runners it is almost impossible to pick out individuals as they pass, therefore its important you know where to spot us.

The support area is on the right hand side of the road at the pelican crossing by mudchute DLR station. There is a water station immediately after the 17 mile point, pelican crossing is immediately after the water station. I will post a close of google map/google earth image of the area with exact location shortly.

Supporters will be standing in sequential group order along the course. The area will be festooned with blue and yellow balloons so should be easy to spot, there will also be a large '100 yards to RW Supporters' sign hung up. When you get to us, look out for the support group numbers and go over to you're respective group.

Please use this thread to ask any questions and look out for further information which will be posted up until the race. Any final instructions will be posted Sunday 18th April.

Good luck everyone..

Comments

• Getting excited now I have an official support crew! Should be wearing a 'Winston's Wish'  vest with my name on, race number 14745, estimated time between 2.40 and 3 hours to mile 17. Jelly beans and high 5 please.

Looking forward to the party! 

• Hello image

Forum name: Zaba

Name Eva surname will come in a later email

Race number: Blue start 15000 something due to paranoia exact number in later email

Estimated time to mile 17: Hoping to du just under 4 hours but realistically under 4.30, so will pass mile 17 between 2.35 to 2.54 probably, although not sure what time I'll pass the start line.                                                                                                                

What you'll be wearing: Orange T-shirt with Lepra writing in white, probably a turqouise skirt on top of black tights. Will take photo when outfit arrives and email.

Any special needs*: TLC image

No really love Gatorade Lemon which is hard to get hold of in central London image but will give this some more thought.

Your doing a brilliant job, thanks.

• Good stuff, thanks for organising all this, am also signed up to Fetchpoint and think you people may be under more pressure than us runners even, I mean we only got 26.2 miles to run, you  lot have got to spot us all.

Anyway here are my details:

Forum name - Mattoo
    Name - Matt (Surprisingly)

Race number - 37740
    Estimated time to mile 17 - Difficult, what time will I start exactly? But hopefully between 2hrs 15 - 2hrs 35
    What you'll be wearing - http://www.sportysnaps.com/content/running/Llanelli_half_marathon_2010/14500_14959/lhm30551.htm

Will have Matt printed on front of top by then, if is cold/raining will have base layer and tights on.

Any special needs* - Will drop a muffin off at expo on Saturday.

Thanks Again

• MOOOOOORRRRRRNNNNINNNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!!

Hope everyone is well this lovely (not hehe) Wednesday and you've all managed your last long runs over the weekend and are now set to taper. I'm so excited to be the 'other side of the fence' this year lol - I crawled my way round the FLM last year in a one time only attempt and so much respect to all you guys this year!

I'll be popping in usually a couple or five times a day so if there's anything you need keep me posted!

K x

• Hi guys, not long to go, getting exciting.  imageimage

This is my 2nd year at the supporters area after running in 2007 and 2008.   Looking forward to seeing everyone down there.

Gill xx

• Hi Gill image I bow to your experience on the supporters side image - will message you a bit later on? xx
  • Can't wait, getting really excited now image

• I'm getting excited too, where are the rest of group 10 then, hello Gilly Mac and Karen S, don't squash  my muffin image
  • We'll take good care of it, promise not to snaffle it myself image
  • I'll fight you for it Gill! Only kidding, I'm an angel really...................... lol image

Now then runners, I'm going to keep a spreadsheet with all your details on and I'll sort it by times expected - and for anyone who's worried, we will be waiting until everyone on the list has gone through so don't worry if you're a bit slower than others we'll still be there image 

For anyone who isn't planning to stop for long if at all but just wants a wave and a cheer as you go through, please could you make sure you let us know you've gone past if possible? That way we won't get all paranoid if we haven't ticked you off the list image and we'll make sure we have everything ready for people if you drop stuff off at the Expo..........please please make sure it's clearly labelled as Barley says with your name, race number and support group.

I'll be the one with the Pinot in one hand and a whistle in the other........!

• Pinot in one hand and whistle in the other, I dread to think how your going to hold my muffin image
  • Forum name  longboat (you would never have guessed!)
    Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum) - Ian - Karen knows the rest
    Race number 50522
    Estimated time to mile 17  - 2:25
    What you'll be wearing Yellow Zurich vest, blue shorts, better wear trainers - blue cap if sunny or raining!
    Any special needs*  SIS Orange Gel please - not sure what else I might need by then, and will stop my mind racing right now before Karen gets upset with me

• mattoo wrote (see)
    Pinot in one hand and whistle in the other, I dread to think how your going to hold my muffin image

Very carefully image lol  image

And Ian, I'm sure I don't know what you mean.....................hehe!! Are you sure the Zurich vests are yellow this year, they were blue last year image

• maybe blue then - I would know if I had it!  Apparently it is in the post...

Look out carefully tonight and you will see me heading out in a lovely red and white vest just to get used to the ideaimage

• Have fun - it was raining about ten mins ago.......................lol! See, now that's one bit of the marathon I don't miss!!!
  • lashing it down when I did this run last week as well - only 10.86 miles (approximately) - will have a good look at Mudchute as I go past!

Don't fancy practicing your support act at about 6pm tonight do you - I reckon that's when I'll be heading up eastferry roadimage

• Sadly I'll be on a warm dry train about then image!

Right I'm off, back later tonight - hopefully we'll have some more of our runners on then!!!

• Forum name: Peter Stubbs 5

Name Peter Stubbs

Race number: 41116

Estimated time to mile 17:     12.40hrs                                                                                                               

What you'll be wearing: Red & White " Leonard Cheshire Disability"  Vest.

Could I request an Expresso coffee.   ( I will leave it at the stand on Saturday with my name and number) Cold and black like treacle will be just fine. Need it for my mental focus. To get through the last 9 miles

Thanks for all your help

P. image

• Evening peeps!! What are we doing all this way down the front page then eh? image

Nice to see you Peter, I reckon we could go to an espresso, I've got a flask if you want it hot?! Hehe (waits for the comments to come rolling in after that one.......!!!)

• <sneaks in to see if this is where all the lycra clad gawjuss blokes are>

Hmmmm, it says KS3 and hubby .... wonder if hubby knows what she's forming an orderly queue for on the other thread image

Troublemaker!  Me??!  Oh no, you've got the wrong person  ....

• Hi all, I'm getting so excited, this is my first marathon and still can't quite believe it's happening!

My details...
    Forum name - Troublesome knees
    Name - Sally Fletcher
    Race Number - 43445
    Estimated time to mile 17 - 12:45 to 1
    Wearing all black outfit with skeleton printed on and Bravissimo across my boobs!

I'll drop off some homemade banana bread to the expo just incase I really am starving, will also leave an extra honey stinger with you as well. Loving the idea of an expresso Peter!!!

Really appreciate the supportimage Have a feeling I'll be quite emotional by mile 17!!

• imageTickled Pink wrote (see)

<sneaks in to see if this is where all the lycra clad gawjuss blokes are>

Hmmmm, it says KS3 and hubby .... wonder if hubby knows what she's forming an orderly queue for on the other thread image

Troublemaker!  Me??!  Oh no, you've got the wrong person  ....

He's completely computer illiterate so what he don't know don't hurt him image lol promise I'll share the lycra clad men provided we get equal share of the latecomers!!!!! image hehe!!!

And troublemaker - you? Noooooooooooo.........................!!!!

• Hi all, I'm getting so excited, this is my first marathon and still can't quite believe it's happening! .......Really appreciate the supportimage Have a feeling I'll be quite emotional by mile 17!!

Hi Sally!!! *waves frantically* welcome aboard the rollercoaster that is the London marathon! you'll have an absolutely amazing day, any chance I can put in an order for extra banana bread so you've still got some left?! image lol

And there's nothing wrong with emotional, we give good hugs (aka cwtch's for the welsh like Nam who sets the standard) at mile 17 my love! there'll be hugs and support galore with us lot, you'll have a ball! xx

• Just to let you know, Mudchute looked truly thrilling in the rain tonight!  The pedant in me is trying to point out that it was a zebra not a pelican (crossing that is!) but I am trying to resist...
  • Poke it Ian you really are a pedant image lol have you noticed the advanced notice road closure signs? They went up today by the looks of things gave me a goosebump moment!!!!!!!!!
  • I can certainly bring plenty of banana bread Karen, I'll exchange it for hugsimage
  • Troublesome knees (www.sallysmarathonjaunt.blogspot.com) wrote (see)
    I can certainly bring plenty of banana bread Karen, I'll exchange it for hugsimage

We have SUCH a deal on that one!!!! You'll be dragging me round with you for the rest of the course, I won't let you go hug wise if you bring extra banana bread..............................

Easily pleased, moi?!!!!! Lol image

• no missed those - I was actually wondering when they would go up going round the isle of dogs...
  • longboat wrote (see)
    no missed those - I was actually wondering when they would go up going round the isle of dogs...

must ve working their way round the course they're def there! very exciting image

I'm secretly jealous in a very tiny way..............but could never do it again!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

• Hi everyone, image

I'm going to go wih optimism and go with orgianl plan, but as I currenly have problem with IT band this all may change nearer the time (ie time to mile 17 and whether i need more stuff to keep me going to the end) but at the moment I'm going with optimism!

Forum name - Catalin Bond
    Name - Becky Haynes

Race Number - 25576
    Estimated time to mile 17 - 2 hours 50 - 3 hours from starting (so sometime around 12.50)

I'll drop a gel off at the expo as can't remember brand. Otherwise would love some jelly babies and a hug. If knee playing up may also request a cuppa nearer tha time (well someone did mention having a flask!) but I'm hoping to just breeze past on route to a pain free fast time (for me). Either way looking forward to this point. Saw the runners world supporters (i was a spectator) last year and it looked quite a party.

Editted cos i forgot to put in what I'll be wearing. I'll be in a pale blue vest with a dark blue stripe. It has Brighton and Hove running sisters on the back, and I've ordered some white puff paint to write Becky on the front and back.