Nutrition advice

Hi

Im after some nutrition advice to follow. I want to loose a bit of weight but still be able to run properly so no stupid low cal diets.

Im training for my first HM in June and increasing the distances Im running.

Any good books you can recommend?

Thanks, Rachel

Comments

• I've just read the book Nutrition for Marathon Running - which has plenty of general advice, not just specific for marathon running. Tends towards the science of nutrition rather than the recipe end of the continuum.

Hope this helps and good luck for your half. TD

• Sports nutrition by Anita Bean
  • Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭

Sports Nutrition by Nancy Clark ?

Vegetarian Sports Nutrition by by Enette Larson Meyer ? Both are readable and practical and sensible.

• Can anyone help out with breakfast? My wife doesn't like porridge - any other suggestions which offer a good fuel boost in the morning?
  • Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭
    adam campion wrote (see)
    Can anyone help out with breakfast? My wife doesn't like porridge - any other suggestions which offer a good fuel boost in the morning?

Haven't I read this some where before?
    Free range scrambled egg on wholegrain toast. Breakfast lunch or tea - just add green salad or some toasted seeds for variety.
    Rice pudding - I love rice puding. Can be sweet or savory depending on what you add to it.
    Banans and yoghurt - again toss in some grains or seeds or dried fruit.
    Smoothies - base of fruit juice, I use apple, then add anything you want - milk, yoghurt (plain or flavoured) fruit, fruit teas, water, nut or seed butter (smooth not chunky). Cocoa. Blend - make it up as you go along.

• Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭
    If it's the "slime" of porridge that doesn't appeal, try soaking oats in cold milk overnight. If you pop raisins and/or frozen berries in with it the night before it's very nice (I think) in the morning - all plumped up.