Anyone got a tandem they can loan me please ?

OK, this is how the initial conversation went.

Kelly's Managing Director to all staff (around 30-40)

'I have entered a team into the London to Brighton bike ride, its for charity and a bit of team building I would like as many people to sign up and ride with us on the day, finishing in Brighton at my house for a company BBQ and a few drinkies'

This was then further discussed on a night out in Manchester with northern staff (company is London based) and Kelly rings me in the middle of the conversation (I think she had had a couple of shandies by this time)  saying she has said yes as I could train her and by the way .... 'how far is it and how long with it take ? and can you do it with me ?'

Anyway, the date for entries passes and guess who has signed up, the 3 company directors,  and us 2 numpties !! No one else entered.

So, 9 weeks to go, Kelly hasn't been on a bike for 18 months and the only one she now has is a MTB (that she will struggle to do 10mph an hour on) she is getting a bit worried. I have asked a few fellow pirates for any help in loaning a race bike her size for a few months to help get her fitness up til June but what I would really like for the ride is a tandem,

Anyone know where I can borrow one from for the month of June as we will need a couple of weeks to get used to it.

Would really appreciate any help.

Cheers, Rosey

Comments