Lochaber Marathon 2010

2»

Comments

• Hi Tricialitt. this thread is very quiet! I'm still aiming to be there. Training has been going well, can't believe only 5 weeks to go - eek!  Did the Inverness half marathon yesterday and got a new pb of 1.33 so now need to work out what my target time is going to be. Had been planning on sub 3.30 but maybe could aim a bit higher given that time. Hows you training going?
  • Tricialitt - I thought this thread had gone into permanent hibernation. How's your training gone?

Lotte32 - Did you get your accommodation sorted out?  With a half mara PB of 1.33 then 3:20 should be doable, sub 3:15 might be a step too far unless your strong on endurance.

Only two more long runs and then a three week taper, it's getting closer.

• Hi, I'm doing this one too. My times are all around 10 or so, I would like to get closer to 4 hours but probably too slow for your group Tricialitt?

Hope we get as nice a day as last year.

• My half at the weekend was just over 1:47- predicts about 3:45, but I know from experience that this is rubbish- my half time is a whole 7secs faster than same race last year, and I came in at 3:56 at Lochaber last year, so aiming to better that- I'd be delighted with 3:50, but a PB by any margin would do!

I hope my endurance is better this time- the last 6 miles were pretty horrible last year, and I'd love to actually run them this time! (Kinda hurpled last year).

Training this year has been much less treadmill- based, much more outdoorsy, and long run mileage better, and I'm hoping that helps with the race.

• OGL - not booked the accommodation yet, can't quite believe that I will make it to the start line uninjured to be honest!  Looking at staying at Glen Nevis holiday park. Best option for us since we have a large family (6 kids!) Has anyone stayed there before. I think it is 4 miles from the start.

Tricialitt - the last 6 miles of FLM were awful for me last year with injuries and the heat. Don't want to experience that again.

I did 12 miles this morning but my quads still hurt after Sundays half. Hope they are feeling better before my 20 miler at the weekend.

• Getting quite excited about Lochaber now.image This will be my first Marathon so loads of trepidation and nerves.image Totally paranoid about not getting injured before the start line! Good luck to everyone in the last few weeks before the race.
  • Just when i thought i had made the last long run without injury. Was enjoying last 20miler when hamstring got tighter and tighter. Hamstring strain  says physio so no tapering -  just no running for 10 days. ice and ultrasound along with crossing of fingers. am hoping for 3.35 if injury free. Run for Forfar Roadrunners in pale blue vest- if you see me come and say hi maybe even buddy up if anyone going for same time.  Good luck all
  • Hi- it's getting close now!! last LSR's done and dusted- am into the taper- have already started inexplicably gardening, and buying stuff I "need".

Looking forward to it now- the hard work is all done!!

• Help- having a panic- are we supposed to have race entry info somewhere, or was it just an email?
  • Think it was just an email. That's all I have anyway.

This time next week it will be all over - eeek!

• Not long now!

I got in a last long run yesterday when I was down in the Lake District and what a way to finish marathon training. Warm, blue skies and a fantastic trail run around Ullswater. Hopefully this positivity continues until next weekend.  All that's left to do now is eat properly, rest and just make sure I don't do anything silly over the next few days.

Best of luck to everyone

• WISH ALL YOU INJURY FREE RUNNERS A GREAT DAY. Still bothered with hamstring but going up anyway, hope it lasts out but if not a few months of rest to "LOOK FORWARD" TO

• DippyD-hope the hamstring holds out for the race.

4 days to go! Hope the weather holds.

• Good luck to everyone doing this.

I've only done this once but it's a lovely race in a stunning part of the world, the view of Ben Nevis on the return is an inspiration. I was "lucky" enough to be number 118 at the height of their advertising campaign featuring the two running blokes so got more attention than I deserved.

Have a good race.

•  THANKS FIFE FLYER, THINK THERES MORE CHANCE OF MY HAMSTRING HOLDING UP THAN THE WEATHER THO. METCHECK ARE CHANGING CONSTANTLY. DID THIS MARATHON 2 YRS AGO AND GOT SUNBURN! HOPING FOR ANYTHING BUT STRONG SUN OR HOWLING GALES.

C U ALL SUNDAY X

• Guess what- volcanic ASH!!- there's a weather condition we'd never thought of in our training!

Hope no- ones travel plans are too badly screwed up!

•  image.......Must remember to pack a respirator.... how can I attach it to my camel-back? image

Just a thought- Maybe this plume will hold the cold-front back and keep us just a wee bit warmer whilst we're running! image

• EITHER THAT OR WE'll be "smoking"

• Hope everyone had a good run. I thought it was a fantastic race, beautiful scenery and well organised. I'd highly recommend it.

I had a good run and managed 3.19.49 and a 16 min pb despite fading in the last few miles. Well chuffed.

We have also had a nice family break in the area so all is good.
  • well done lotte32, that was a brilliant time to shave off previous. Wish id had a good one to . Hamstring seized at 12.5 miles, walked,ran, cried and swore the rest of the way. and got 3.55. 20 mins slower that target. Was going to pull out next time i saw my husband and kids but they had gone "SIGHTSEEING"

Hey ho its done tho. must go now - have an appointment with physio, just kno i will soon be crying and swearing again and paying for it too!!

• Hi dippyd- I came in at 3:55 too- think I must've seen you.

I enjoyed the day, bit stiff today, though. Have the results come out, does anyone know?

• Haven't seen any results yet. Well done Lotte, DippyD and Tricialitt.

I finished in 4.20.24. Almost 7 minutes faster than my PB so very happy!

Suffered with cramping toes towards the end but, overall, a good race. What great weather!

• Well done everyone.

It was my first marathon and it was fantastic. Lotte32 I think you passed me in the last mile (WELL DONE) I came in just behind you (I got 3.19.58).

It was a great day, well run, and Fantastic Weather and views to keep you going to the end.

•  HAVENT SEEN ANY RESULTS YET OR THE PICS.

• remohremoh ✭✭✭

results are up on the scottish athletics site 3.48.16 image 

well done all imageimageimage

• Hi, guys

Hope you all had a good day on Sunday. Sorry about results delay - unfortunately timed gremlin in my e-mail system. Now on www.lochaberac.co.uk and scottishathletics

No marathon-photos this year, sorry

As compensation, you're the first to get next year's date - Sunday 17th April 2011; entries will open about the end of August/beginning of September.

Slainte

• Hi Clare

Had a great weekend in Fort William. The whole family and friends enjoyed the experience. Hope you enjoyed all the stresses of the organising!!image.

Hope to do it all again next year.

Graeme.

• Just to add to the THANK YOU CLARE message above. Well done, it was a great day out.

(How DO you get the weather to do that every year?)

• NEWSFLASH!!!!
    London Marathon has shamelessly stolen Lochaber's date!!

Easter Sunday 2011 is the 24th April, so presumably this is why London has moved from 'their' weekend. I'd like to avoid this weekend for my runners as accommodation will be tight and the road busier, so Lochaber Marathon will take place on SUNDAY 10TH APRIL 2011

Maybe THIS time, the weahe will be a bit cooler!!