Options

Mersey Tunnel 10K

Comments

• Options

Sorry to be a pain Alan but i can't do this now. I've signed up but my hubby surprised me yesterday with a trip to Prague for the bank holiday weekend. image

Is it possible to defer my entry till next year??

• Options
    LIVERBIRD wrote (see)

Standing in a nothing but a paper thong in front of a screen while some 18 year old with a fabulous body sprays an airgun at you is quite an ordeal though....image

LOL LB I know exactly what you mean image Then you walk round for 3 hours trying not to smudge the tan!
  • Options
    Shrek ! wrote (see)
    LB - by the way - don't think the photo worked - unable to open / view it ?

Poo! image It was a good photo too....

AGT - I would LOVE a surprise trip to Prague! There are no deferrals sadly, but who cares when you're going away? image

• Options

LB - the photo worked for me and I agree, it was good.

Shrek - now that I've past 40 I don't really have any crisis with age. They say everyone gets older, but also their is an exception to every rule. I intend to be the exception. image

• Options

Over 40's are culled from my Facebook!

I can't be seen to be associating with pensioners....image

• Options
    I thought runners were the exception. image
  • Options

Thanks LB. I knew there were no refunds but wasn't sure re deferrals. I will console myself with a nice pint of Czech beer image

Hope the weather is lovely for you all whether running or spectating. image

• Options

Have one for me AGT! image

And runners are the exception LFC.....image

• Options
    No refunds. No deferralsI'm afraid. I know there are genuine cases but if we accept either then everyone wants to opt out near race date. Difficult to identify genuine cases from those who simply want their money back or can't be bothered running on race day!

Alan
  • Options
    Pompey or Chelsea Alan?image
  • Options
    Yes I understand that.
    Got Manchester 10K in the morning and just about to go to bed - not running till 11.20 so may as well have a night out image
  • Options
    Come on boys and girls!! We're on page 3 (thinks of LB!!) and need to be on the front page.
    Numbers just passed last years total of 2118 so we are officially looking at an increase with two weeks to go.

LB - Chelsea, nicer kit!

Alan
  • Options
    AlanRothwell wrote (see)
     We're on page 3 (thinks of LB!!) and need to be on the front page.

I told you those photos were for your eyes only! imageimage

Great news that you're getting the numbers on board for this - its a pretty unique race!

• Options
    Everyone's probably just waiting with baited breath for their numbers to arrive, but LB on page 3 would be a welcome distraction. I wonder if that is why numbers are up. image
  • Options

The Metcheck forecast for 30th May is cool and cloudy. Now that would make a pleasant change from last year!

• Options
    The heat last year was a real killer - the sun on your back all the way down the prom from Seacombe to New Brighton did for a lot of people - thank god for the water spray down outside the town hall!
  • Options
    I need to keep an eye on the volcano. I many end up doing the race after all if we can't leave the UK!
  • Options
    Should be on 2,500 this year i think which will be another improvement on the back of the huge increase for the half marathon.

Met at the Wallasey Town hall last night to confirm arrangements with the Fire Hydrants - should they be needed!

October 10K entries now open by the way!!
  • Options

Alan thats a great turn out and surely adds more weight to the bid you've submitted for the Mersey Marathon.

• Options
    Good call on the hydrants! When is the September Corporate Cup/team event/ whatever it's called this year open for entries Alan?
  • Options
    AlanRothwell wrote (see)
    Met at the Wallasey Town hall last night to confirm arrangements with the Fire Hydrants - should they be needed! October 10K entries now open by the way!!

What do you mean "should they be needed"?

They're needed - even on a cloudy day! The firemen provide a little spring in the step of every girlie running this race! image

Though you should probably even it up and get the guys some cheerleadersimage

I have no intention of doing page 3! I am a serious competitive athlete innit? imageimageimage

• Options

I would like to think so - but more importantly, the work we have done over the last five years under difficult circumstances. The city (!!) has an excellent portfolio of race events which I still maintain is not supported in the real sense of the word - by the private or public sector.

Look what MANCHESTER delivered last Sunday.

Our first phase submission for Mersey Marathon will go in for consideration the back end of next week, just before the deadline. We then wait and see if Liverpool City Council considers us a suitable candidate for the delivery of a marathon event. I'm sure they will consider it long and hard!!

Alan

• Options

thanks for the info for Liverpool 10k Alan,I just entered online.

looking forward to the tunnel run now,have been running pretty well of late,did a couple of races whilst stranded in Spain because of ash cloud and got 2nd in my category twice so got 2 nice pots on the mantlepiece.

Theres a good local race tonight if anyone fancies a warm up for the tunnel 10k,its the Walton park 5miler, starts at 7;30 outside Walton hall park sports centre,entries on the day accepted,costs about £10,traffic free route,1 small and 2 large laps of the park all on paths.

• Options

It does sadden me that Manchester can attract 35,000 people and an amazing elite field whilst charging (what I feel to be) an huge amount for a 10K but all credit to them for delivering what appears to be a fantastically well supported and well run race day.

Its only down the road - so why couldn't Liverpool deliver something just as good? I would argue it has the better vista with the waterfront and the people are brilliant!

Something to aim for, I guess....image

• Options
    LB - forget the cherleaders. If the girlies have the firemen on one side, we could have some ladies in white t-shirts in the spray on the other. Not too far into the spray mind you. Can't have them getting in the way of the runners. image
  • Options
    lfc runner wrote (see)
     If the girlies have the firemen on one side, we could have some ladies in white t-shirts in the spray on the other. Not too far into the spray mind you.
    As long as they are wearing thermal vests under said T-shirts, I imagine that would be acceptable! image
  • Options
    No fair! I didn't put restrictions on your firemen.
  • Options
    I'll be at Walton Hall Park tonight - giving out excess Goody Bags from the Women's 10K.

The 5K Team challenge entries will be open end of June latest.

Alan
  • Options
    no goody bags for the fellas Alan? image
  • Options
    I'll just take the tampons and lenor out!

Alan