Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options

birkmyre - it is indeed a Greenock Morton top. Not much fun supporting them of late though image. I have lived in West Yorkshire for many years now but I still go up to see them a few times a season. Do you follow a Scottish club? I had a pleasant 8 miles this morning, at least in part. Around halfway I got an insect in my eye and spent the final 4 miles struggling with it. I suppose it is a hazard of spring and summer. 

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

3.45 miles easy for me today ... 8:41 m/m @ 61% wHR.
  • Options
    Ran home from work again 5 1/4 miles
    battery went flat on garmin so don't know what I done but it was nice and easy anyhow

enjoyed it
  • Options

8M run home, in 1.04.30. Bit harder work than it should have been. Bit humid in Hampshire!

• Options

jonyfp: Thought so. I'm a Rangers fan, far much easier to support than Morton.

Had a season ticket for Morton, way back in the late 1970s. ( My old gran bought it for me as a birthday present).

Mind you it enabled me to watch the best Scottish player never to win a full cap (still don't understand why not ) Andy Ritchie.

• Options
    A nice 5k run. Very hot and humid but I pushed myself and did it in 24:24. Works out at 7.50 miles according to mapmyrun.com, well chuffed!
  • Options
    birkmyre: are you from the Greenock area? I was lucky enough to see Morton at that time and Andy Ritchie will always be a Morton legend. Its nice to speak to a fellow runner with something else in common.
  • Options

4.2 miles in 40 minutes, so bloomin hot.  My brain felt like jelly wobbling around in my skull, thought I was gonna puke at 2.5 miles.  Had to walk 1/3 mile at just past the 3 mile marker, ran the last part but felt so rough.  I can't believe I ran the VLM just over 3 weeks ago, still it was an outing hopefully the next one will be better.

• Options

5M Fartlek on a humid morning. Shattered !

johnyfp: I'm originally from the 'small and quaint fishing village that nestles on the banks of the River Clyde...Port Glasgow'image

I'm currently a' non active member' of Greenock Glenpark Harriers.

I was at the recent Gourock Highland Games, (1st time in 20 odd years) as my oldest son was playing the bagpipes. There's no athletics there anymoreimage and Andy Ritchie was the Games Chieftan. He looks slimmer now than when he played for Morton !

Agree it's nice to have a familiar face on here.

• Options

Finally I am back!

Tp me this was my first run since last year. With my foot injury plauging me I have maanged to get out a few times but nothing 0f what I consider decent distances. A case of ticking over more like. Tonight I went for a little bit more, I'd done a few 3 milers but had a break for a few days because of plantar. Rather than run anpother 3 I decided to go 4 anyway.
    It was a hard slog in slow motion. Very warm weather made it even harder. I had to stop at the bottom of Hilly Hill as i didn't feeltoo well but i got back and ran home.
    Overall happy to have run a bit further and now today (Friday) My foot is a litle sore but a day off should do me no harm.
    Already planning 5, 7, 10.....

• Options

Hi people,

looks like a few of us struggle a bit! The weather certainly caught me out yesterday.

Good luck Dr. Dan, stay in one piece for the M'ton!

Well done Deadstar and iRun. No doubt the good times are just around the corner.....

• Options

my poor body does not know what to do with itself, can't adjust to the change from fleecy leggings last weeks to vest and shorts this week. was awake at half five this morning (on my day off!) so wolfed down some breakfast and went back to bed for a couple of hours. In hindsight I might have been better just going out then, as when I made it out at 8am it was already nearly 20 degrees, and not a cloud in the very sunny sky. Opted to shorten the run, which was definitely the sensible decision, so just pottered round. On call this weekend, will try and sneak another short run in somewhere.

6m in 58.15

• Options
    A couple of runs to report

Yesterday 6 miles in 38 22
    Today 5 miles in 37 20

Rest day tomorrow and a 16 mile hill run on Sunday first time running it on my own! Tried to download from Garmin connect to my 405 but the 405 is having none of it. Looks like I'll have to run on memory which would be ok if not for the fact I have the sense of direction of a lemon!
  • Options

hope your all ok

still busy, just not quite as much

good luck all - take care and happy running image

• Options
    M-JM-J ✭✭✭

Really 'getting it' now!

6 miles 1 hr 5 mins. 10:49 pace.

Hot, but had  plenty of fluids yesterday. Porridge an hour before I went and I felt I could have ran forever, but following a strict training plan ( and I don't want any injuries) for first half marathon in September.

Entered for a 10k in July , for race experience and would really like to get just under 60 minutes

• Options

Good luck to all racers this weekend!

9M steady, in 1.17.30. High temperatures are wearing.....

• Options
    2 easy runs to report. 6.5 miles yesterday and just under 6 this morning. It was 13 degrees this morning when I went out at 8 so not too bad. I ran a new route which was great. I have discovered there is a runner on map my run who lives in the next street to me. He knows much more than I do about our local area judging by the number of runs he has shared. i have book marked a number of them which saves me a lot of time trying to figure out new routes. Looking forward to getting out on brand new routes in the coming weeks image. birkmyre - I lived in Port Glasgow for 7 years and still have relatives there. Now there is a town with hills, happy I am not training there!
  • Options
    Johny fp I hope you're still making the most of the hills image
  • Options
    jonyfp: Lived there til 1989. Yes it is quite undulating ! Parents still stay there.
  • Options

managed a short run this morning before work. Slightly cooler at 7am but not much. Still, was nice on a Sunday with not so much traffic about.

3.7m in 34m

• Options

2 hot runs to report.

6 miles on Thursday night (had to wait until 8 for it to cool down) 8'30

9 miles this morning.... (8'26) got up early to beat the heat and it was still 25 degrees when I got back at 9.30. Think I need to take water with me if it stays like this...the humidity and heat just sap energy.

• Options
    11.3 miles in 1:32 @ 8:07 pace. Set off at 9.30 and it was 21 degrees. There was a little bit of a breeze and some shade at times which helped. It was still hot though and I soaked my head with water when I got back. I hope all those racing today are OK. I ran a new route today and the first 3 miles were generally uphill. I then had a glorious mile or so on a country road with fantastic views to all sides. At that moment I thought it doesn't get any better than this image. After some flat miles I then had another tough uphill for a mile. Overall a good route and JS7 take note that I am not skipping the hills image. 44 miles this week and I am enjoying the sunshine today with a rest to come tomorrow. I think by tuesday it is forecast to be a bit cooler. 
  • Options
    Long, hilly and bloody hot for me today. I always run Sundays with a Buddy but he was away today so on my own it was.
    As a rule, my sense of direction is pap and despite running our '6 hills' 16 miler on several occasions I was bound to lose my way.
    Enter Garmin image Several downloads and a bit of file saving, the route was on my watch as a course and off I went.
    The hills are very tasty and normally I work the hills and relax on everything else to average around 7 50s. This time though, having wondered before what time I could actually run this route as an out and out run, I set off at 07 30 toward Boar Hunt and Southwick. Well any how, 1hr 48 mins later I finished the run averaging 6 45s and now I am quite feeling the effort.
    Didn't quite work the hills as I normally do but the pace in between the hills certainly made up for it
    Faggot run for me tomorrow and then speed work on Tuesday

Happy running all
  • Options
    johnyfp: Where in the Port did you live ? I lived up in Glenhuntly, so every run was hilly, up or dow,n no matter what direction I ran in.
  • Options

On Fri I had my 1st 'time on feet' run in prep for July's really long distance event. A mix of trails and pavements, 3.5hrs / 21.20miles.

Sat/Sun I was running the Green Belt Relay round the M25! It was a very hot weekend but thoroughly enjoyable. Sat - 8.4miles / Sun - 6.9miles. Calves were really tight and felt blisters on both big toes from the long training run. It might not have been a good idea to do a long run before an event but really need to push on a bit now.

• Options

A 4 miles steady run for me done this morning and already it's quite warm. Lovely sunshine and blue sky over the Kilpatrick Hills.

Hopefully cooler than of late this week.

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

11.15 miles yesterday @ 9:16 m/m and 64% wHR. IT WAS HOT!!! Last proper run before the marathon ... 7 days of resting and short jogs.image

• Options

Good luck Dr. Dan!

me: 5M easy along Southsea Seafront. 10k race on wednesday.

• Options
    After a lazy weekend making the most of this glorious weather, having eaten too much food and drinking far too much alcohol, I went for my first run since Thursday.
    10.8 mls 1.49hrs. Nice and easy.
    Love running in this weather, fantastic.
  • Options

Good luck with the marathon Dr Dan.

Went out this evening to a slightly cooler run than the last week. Nice steady run, stretching the legs before Wednesday, which is the start of the local 5K summer series. I don't run 5Ks, apart from the parkrun I did at the start of this month it must be over seven years since I've raced over it, but this years aim is to build some speed, so short seemed like a good idea. Challenge will be not going out too fast I guess!

5.05m in 47.30