Options

Advice on Heart Rate Monitor

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestion on heart rate monitors.

I am currently training for my first marathon - and want to keep track of distances as well as how hard I am working. I have no experience of heart rate monitors - but believe GPS can be used to track distances.

I would also want use the heart rate monitor on treadmills and for gym workouts.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

Comments

• Options
    f you want both then your only real choice is the TIMEX Speed, distance and heart monitor. Doesn't work well in very-tall-buildings-ville, but OK elsewhere apparently. Lots of Dosh!

Wouldn't buy NIke still as weight on foot is not a good idea and they are still too unreliable.

Might be cheaper from US...

• Options
    Hi Mike - I use a polar s610 - i started with a lower spec and it was great but the s610 has software that you upload your run to and get a whole load of stats, diary etc great motivator etc - check out www.polar.fi - the tech help and support is great and the software is constantly updated - as you can see - i'm a big fan!

jude
  • Options
    Ive had no probs with Cyclosport - from heartratemonitors.com. ive also got the timex SPD - that is fantastic if you can justify the costs
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice,

does anyone have any ideas on where is the best place to purchase a heart rate monitor? Do the ones from the US work in the UK? Does the GPS system still work in the UK? And what about batteries or recharging?

Thanks again.

Mike
  • Options
    Check out my thread on URWFRC.

Nike C5 for sale, a friend of mine also has a Polar M52 for sale as well.