My Last Run

Comments

• Welcome Prasius image. My LSR was a bit windswept in places today. I hate the wind and I was head first into it over the first couple of miles. Thankfully my route enabled me to keep it at my back for a good 7 miles or so before heading back into it over the last 3 miles. Very pleasant in parts and hard work in others. Completed 12.94 miles in 1:42 @ 7:55 pace. Another record week for me with a total of 46.3 miles image. I plan to run 7 or 8 miles tomorrow and then rest on Tuesday instead.
  • 3 runs to report - Sat was a 2-hr run with a mix of roads and trails, with some hill reps sprinkled in between - logged 12.78miles. This morning was a 90min trail run working the hilly bits, logging 10.23miles, and this evening I experienced hash running (4 miles) for the first time - it was interesting, almost like orienteering having to look for markings to find the way. There were several nice hilly bits which was great for my training.image
  • Morning.

4.5M Easily and Steadily to start the week. Day off yesterday. Bright and sunny start to the Bank Holiday up here.

• 5M Fartlek in the warm rainimage. Legs heavy as usual. Hope everybody enjoyed the bank holiday, if off. Back to work soon !
  • Looks like birkmyre, hanna, runnaholic and johny fp are clocking up the miles! Well done people

Did an hour's worth on the Meon Valley Trial, from Meonstoke southwards and back., 7.65M. Pouring rain!

• Monday 31st May

New forest road run, undulating roads with a nice half mile hill climb at the end, weather was fine.....swallowed some flying insects image

4.3 Miles (By GPS) 27mins 12 seconds image max HR 189Bpm

Chris
  • 4.5M recovery run. So it was an Easy/Steady one for me this morning. Dutch: Cheers. Trying to get fit and loose the weight again. Cool and dry. Noticed a good number of runners out in the evening recently around where we live.
  • 4km commute home last night no time for anything longer. Good thing too as it was the worst I've felt in a very long time. Lead feet, asbestos lungs and an overall desire to jack it all in and go to the pub.

Right, what's next...
  • Thanks Dutch. I have 2 runs to report. 8 miles easy on Monday which was much more pleasant than Sunday as the winds had eased. Another new route with 2 tough hills well spaced apart. Rested yesterday before going to the gym this morning. Did 8 miles on the treadmil with 6 miles at 6:44 pace, followed by weights. Very pleased to get my hard session completed. I can now look forward to a few days running outside and a record long run on Sunday. I will aim for around 49 miles this week and then have a lower mileage week from Monday. My 16 week marathon training plan starts on 14th June which I am getting excited about image. Happy running everyone.
  • 10k - 40.09 - PB ! Happy days image

• Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭
    Chester marathon on Monday - full report in the 2010 marathon thread. Disaster ... but I got the T-shirt.image
  • You got the the finish so it's certainly not a complete fail, some of us can't even get to the start line image
  • Ferry 5 this evening, nice flat course, no wind, maybe a little warm, but otherwise damn near perfect conditions. Went out hoping for sub 45, so very pleased with the result. That's three races sub 9mm this year. While I will never be a speed demon, it is nice to see that I can improve!

5m in 43.51

• 02/06/10 -   4.32m - 40'03
    OK so it wasn't a great time but the run was great I felt good tonight. Struggled to get out and had a sore foot to start with. I wore my new orthotics and set off. determined to run if only to start shedding some recently gained weight. I could tell me stride was short but that is not an isue i will get faster.
    Lovelt warm evening tonight, still in the twenties I believe. Ran in the road until Ryefield then along the pavement and through the lights. Hard push up Hercies and nice plod along a2040. Managed to get through the BP lights with a little hold up. Down the service road and home.

Jog Watch - 1

• Well done JayF on  pb.

5M Fartlek and I'm shattered. Sun rising over Kilpatrick Hills, River Clyde a millpond.I'd have aappreciated natureat it's best more, if I wasn't so shattered !!

• Dr Dan: You ran a marathon. More than most can ever dream of doing.
  • Well done Dr.Dan!

I haven't run a M'ton in 13 years and I wish there was one to be disapointed with!

Also nice going Hanna and Jay.

Me: 9.4M off road for the most part. Glorious weather, steady pace. Lovely.

• AlanBAlanB ✭✭✭

Birkmyre, the last time i ran up those Kilpatrick Hills i ended up out injured for three months!! It may have been down to the fact there was a foot and a half of snow underfoot but i still blame the hills! image

Definitely a good run though, will need to go back and do them again soon!

• Alan: I just look at them, as I run along the flat bit on the southern bank !

Simples image

• 4 easy miles. Legs heavy and a bit stiff. A recovery run from yesterdays Fartlek.  Dry and humid out.
  • AlanBAlanB ✭✭✭
    Birkmyre: If you stay near Old Kilpatrick, did you not fancy doing the Polaroid 10k's at the moment? They are good fast 10k's and good for a bit of competition. Vale of Leven is next week.
  • Chewie1981Chewie1981 ✭✭✭
    Last night, 6 mile fartlek. 40:19. Felt really good and it was the first speed work I've done in a month due to a bit of ITBS. image
  • Last couple of days were hill workouts with a taped sprrin ankle - funny how the pain and discomfort disappeared after 14 miles!image It must be all 'up in the mind'...

This morning stride intervals at a local playing field with a warm-up & cool-down lap on the pavements round the village totalling 5.6miles. Nice cool sunny morning...image

• Alan: I'm too overwight at the moment and wouldn't do myself justice in these 10k races.

A goal to aim for though.

• 2 runs to update. 6.25 miles yesterday, at the ridiculous time of 5.00am image. I had to leave earlier than normal for work and I chose this over a late evening run. After a good night's sleep it was back to the more respectable hour of 6.00am today! 7 miles in lovely conditions of 9 degrees and sunny. Like birkmyre my legs have been a bit heavy since my tempo run on Wednesday. They don't feel too bad during the run but you feel it after alright.  Going to the gym at tea time for weights and core strength class. Have a good weekend everyone and be careful running in the warm weather.
  • johny fp - I have been heading out early these few days too (0530) because not fancy running in the heat in the afternoons! Next week would be cooler though - think I'm going to try to stick with early runs during the week to free up the dayimage
  • 6.7M on trials.

Bit of the Meon Valley Trial (flat) and the South Downs Way (not flat), taking in Old Winchester Hill. Stunning views, stunning weather.

Really enjoying it at the moment!

• Lovely summers day up here again. 5M Steady and glad of big drink of diluted juice at end of it.
  • early run before work again this morning, and glad of it as it was hot even then! steady potter round the villages, could still feel Wednesday's race in my legs for sure! Have a 10K tomorrow too - think it may have to be a training run rather than a race!

And ta Dutch, I'm with birkmyre on the losing weight and getting fitter theory, so running regularly is definitely the way forward, even if it's not miles each time!

4.24m in 41min

• hi folks, after a gentle couple of miles some speedwork: 4X1.3k, in 5.15, 5.18, 5.08, 5.16.

Legs to jelly time at the end........