If there is no Rocky moment don't run with me

I have recently upped my training and generally this has to be evenings and weekends.  And since I have, why do people feel the need to join in with the runner and prove to their friends that they can keep up and/or overtake?  So what if a bloke in jeans and shirt can run with you for 200 yards but when you pass again later and his mate thinks it funny to try the same running backwards should you be hoping that he falls over or find the situation amusing?

On other runs, a 'hen' has turned tail and run alongside me and a friend.  But alas it is only ever one or two people and you never get to run up some steps for that Rocky moment at the end.

I assume this doesn't just happen to me! image

Comments

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

i long for some chav idiots to try and match me even for a brief time.

I'd relish beating their pathetic little asses into the ground and leave them collapsed in a heapimage

• SLO On Tour wrote (see)

and his mate thinks it funny to try the same running backwards should you be hoping that he falls over or find the situation amusing?

A 'slight deviation' in your line, or  'sidestep' should see him (invariably 'him') fall flat on his back over some obstacle that he can't see.

His mates will take care of all his (well) deserved derision for youimage

• Thanks - your comments have amused me!  Not sure I could purposely try and get someone to fall over but maybe a turn of pace (chance would be a fine thing) would be in order and then back to my normal pacing. 

Pleased you didn't suggest running elsewhere or at different times and will carry on trying to get a little faster.  Sure to post though if someone does come a cropper image