blackpool marathon

just wondering if the blackpool marathon is on or off next year.I read on the forum it was cancelled but it is still being advertised on the blackpool marathon web page for 10 april 2011.

Comments

• Livestrong

We have that trouble from our Club Members me and Other gearing to do it Next Year.But you right there website still LIVE but runners world say cancalled over permits and organiser.I hink it would be better don't pay it just yet.Ring runners world direct because if you pay Blackpool.You won't get your money back?

• Blackpool marathon 2011 is cancelled becvause of lack of funding (sponsor) nothing to do with permits and organiser. The previous organiser has cut back on his organising committments drastically.  Two entrants before decision was made to cancel will receive full refunds, as always with anything else that is cancelled unlike several other big events in the UK,  end of debate on this.  Blackpool Marathon will be replaced in 2011 with a much bigger event by the another event manager,  watch this space.

Organising Committee 

• Blackpool Marathon Race Office wrote (see)

Two entrants before decision was made to cancel will receive full refunds, as always with anything else that is cancelled unlike several other big events in the UK,  end of debate on this. 

Organising Committee 

Full refunds? Good. When the same organiser rearranged the Central Lancashire half-marathon in January 2010, those who wanted a refund because they could not make the new date only got 50%.
  • Soup

No need to start a thread to stir things again, get your facts right first or stay away, you are so annoying. 

They received 75% and the opportunity to run in two further events at no additional cost (GNW Half Marathon & Fleetwood)

Organising Committee 

Soup

No need to start a thread to stir things again, get your facts right first or stay away, you are so annoying. 

They received 75% and the opportunity to run in two further events at no additional cost (GNW Half Marathon & Fleetwood)

Organising Committee 

Oh dear, oh dear. Is someone having memory trouble?

First of all I didn’t start the thread. If you care to read back a mere five messages you’ll see that was someone called livestrong.

Secondly, allow me to quote from the Message Board of a local running club on the 7th January 2010, commenting on the postponed Central Lancashire half-marathon:

“how can anyone justify taking money off you, on the promise that they will supply you with a service, then cancel it and offer to give you 50% back?”

“out of curiosity, why are (the organisers) only refunding half entry fees?” My italics.

Both these statements went unchallenged at the time, so can we agree that the refund offer was 50%?

Finally, I am intrigued by the statement the opportunity to run in two further events at no additional cost (GNW Half Marathon & Fleetwood)”

Is that an implication that they were offered free or discounted entry to either or both of those events? Please explain.

• Soup I'd have a lot more time for you if you actually posted on anything else other than sniping at a race organiser all the time.

You havent even been bothered to put any detail in your profile either  - kinda makes you look like someone obsessing over something and using an alter ego just to nag. Zzzzzz. 

• Soup,

Go away you are a complete idiot and a discrace to your club . Nothing wrong with your memory you come up with the same old bullshit everytime., no wonder races go by the wayside with your interference.  End of debate

Race Committee 

• i feel bad about starting this thread now,i was only curious because i did the marathon this year and really enjoyed it so was hoping it was still on.Not to worry thanks.

• ROFL, blimey, I ran this, this year and thought it was great and was hoping to come back next year. I've not had any problems with the organisers, but there seems a select few who do. However, to constantly batter threads and render them useless all the time is such a shame.

Pity this race is cancelled, as I had one of the best paced runs unfit and managed a fantastic time and I think it's a good omen, shame as I can't now target this one for Spring next year

Sorry to see it go, but one message to the organisers, I thought you did a terrific job in 2010!

Cheers pug image

Soup,

Go away you are a complete idiot and a discrace to your club . Nothing wrong with your memory you come up with the same old bullshit everytime., no wonder races go by the wayside with your interference.  End of debate

Race Committee 

Thank you for replying with your usual mix of candour, charm and perplexing grammar.

So it was a 50% refund for the Central Lancashire half-marathon and not the 75% you claimed. Good to know.

• Soupy boy, you really need to get out more................. image 
  • Soup, there is a race at Freckleton that needs a Race Director as I have decided to take a break.

This is a golden opportunity for you to put your money where you extremely large mouth is and deliver the outstanding race you are so clealy capable of.

Please get in touch by Friday. You have a lot to do by 19th June 2011, and much to live up to after me. But as you are an expert in all fields it won't be a problem.

Call me and I'll tell you the date of your first committee meeting.

There you are folks. You've just got your thread back: Soup will disappear now he's been asked to make a positive contribution to our sport. 

• Hi. Just to clarify, will the 2011 Blackpool Marathon be replaced with another event next year? Will people who have already paid to enter next year's marathon receive a full refund, or be automatically included in the replacement event? A couple of months ago, my brother paid his entry fee for next year's race via Paypal, but I subsequently read on the Runners' World website that the marathon had been cancelled. Both of us have emailed the race organiser via the link on the event website, but we've had no response.

I can't understand why the event website would still be open and accepting entrants if the race is cancelled image

• I also paid via paypal and haven't heard anything from the race organisers. Does anyone know how I might contact them to find out how I could get a refund?

I'm a little surprised that they haven't contacted the people who have already paid their entry fees. Is there any chance the event will still be held, if they can find the funding?

• Becka87 &  LM.92

As far asa we are aware all entries (8) have been refunded., apart from one that has transfered to the Fylde Coast Marathon Please check your paypal accounts if we have missed you please forward paypal receipt, so that we can check and refund you if we have missed you

emaI worldbest5.31@hotmail.com 

Race Office

Race office.

• Thanks RocketRon, I've forwarded my paypal receipt to that email address, as requested.
  • compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    Speedy Brear

how are you doing I am in for marathon at fleetwood and the new St Annes to Fleetwood

RocketRon

I though we had heard the last of soup he is obcessed with giving you grief

anyway did Millbrook monster 10k last night and tell you what it was very steep and hilly but the views at the top where great you could see for miles

well Idle trail race on sunday for me
  • compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    is there a new website for the new marathon
  • compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    soup can I ask why there is nothing on your profile
  •  Ash 1

Cannot show washouts on profiles, Soup is a coward and a disgrase to his club PHarriers

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    so he runs for Preston harriers If he does not run Flyde coast races he has no room to talk about it trying to put runners of I have seen for myself the races like the GNW half gets loads of runners who come for the sea air and to race it is the taking part that counts shame about that lad that died in the sea there

I am tryig to do as many races as I can like the week before the marathon I am doing Leek half which I love doing with the hills etc
  • compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    glad the race is doing St Annes start this time as I loved running the 2004/5 races there in the 2005 we ran round Fairhaven lake in that heat and I wanted to jump in
  • Ash

Didn't sat soup runs for Preston Harriers,  he may well do but P (soup) Harriers is more like it

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    like that one Rocketron or may be he does not run at all training going well after doing Fleetwood driving back over to Huddersfield to see my cousan his wife and baby daughter who are visiting from Oxford they are going to live in Brisbane next year and said I could go on holiday there and hopefully will go
  • Rocketron whats the event that is replacing the Blackpool marathon next year?

Really enjoyed my time in blackpool this year. Great race.

• Frank

Being replaced by Fylde Coast Marathon from St Annes to Fleetwood (+ loop in St Annes)  good flat point to point course along the freeways and Lancashire Coastal Way. Bus transfers to and from start/finish. This event run in aid of the Rosemere Cancer Foundation the 8th largest cancer centre in the uk based at the royal Preston hospital and organised by Steve Ashcroft, shoestringresults.com 

Ron

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    it is good to run in aid of this Chartry
  • RocketRon wrote (see)

Frank

Being replaced by Fylde Coast Marathon from St Annes to Fleetwood (+ loop in St Annes)  good flat point to point course along the freeways and Lancashire Coastal Way. Bus transfers to and from start/finish. This event run in aid of the Rosemere Cancer Foundation the 8th largest cancer centre in the uk based at the royal Preston hospital and organised by Steve Ashcroft, shoestringresults.com 

Ron

... organised by Steve Ashcroft, shoestringresults.com... 

That’s strange, the entry form asks for cheques to be made out to SRH Running Promotions. Isn’t that your illustrious organisation Ron?

• Hi Soup

Nice to hear from you again!

Thank you for bringing to my attention about the cheque's made payable to!

Have asked for that form to be taken off web site's until I have spoken to Ron & Rosemere

I expect the form to altered to the correct account.

Many Thanks

• RocketRon wrote (see)

Frank

Ron

Forgive me i dont know the area to well. Is St annes near the main styreet in blackpool?