My Last Run

Comments

• bikermouse - fine Cumbrian summer weather is that (and I had the Coniston fells pretty much to myself!), though I'd like to apologise to the lone hardy walker trudging up Wetherlam, who seemed a little startled as I hobbled down out of the mist past them looking like a drowned and slightly insane rat with a pink buff.
  • 5m Steady on a sunny and bit windy morning. It seemed quiet when I was out this morning !

RF: Sounds a good run by you on the Fells.

• first run post giving blood, and boy did i know it. still, it's done, and it'll only get easier from here. garmin still not working (grrr..) so will be emailing the people for cures for it. slow and steady potter on a sunny but breezy day.

4.25m in 40.21

• I intended to do 15 mile LSR, when I got to 14 miles I had to walk, bit disappointed with myself although it is the furthest I have ran (longest being a half marathon).  Got to the half marathon distance 5 mins more than my race time so it seems like my pace is certainly improving.

Nice evening for a run aswell, cool and breezy with not too much sun, legs a bit stiff today but worth it.

14.01m in 1hr 51

• Nice sunny run this morning in 1.27. Don't know how far I went as my nike + is playing up. Last week this route was 10.2 miles, this morning it was 9.2 miles and mapmyrun told me it was 10.7 miles.....? Think a Garmin is the next buy.

Anyway, a gorgeous morning for it, and running next to the boats at Durham Regatta was inspirational.... reminded me of my days in a boat floating precariously on water.

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭
    hanna- what are the rules on giving blood? ive often thought about doing it but i dont weigh much and im sure there is some weight limit -am i right?
  • Managed a 10 mile sort of recovery run. It was very pleasant running along the beach which I was for about 7 miles. But was quite slow in a time of 1:40.

• sindeelou you normally need to weigh 7st 12lb to give blood.  I did the Glasgow parkrun again this morning but still waiting to find out the results!  Will post back later image

• parkrun result was 24:40, for some reason disappointed as 25 secs slower than my PB but it was quite warm and I've not had the best week running so I know I shouldn't be too hard on myself!

• sindeelou and betty bee - would have had no idea on the weight limit as I'm unlikely ever to be in danger of falling below it image. They love me cos I'm O negative so I feel the need to contribute fairly often.

And Bikermouse - thanks for the tips on recovering. Actually not as bad as I feared this morning, think I'm fitter than the last time I gave blood, which will help I'm sure. Does choclate count as an iron rich food image?

• 12/06/10 -   5.30m - 49'32
    Well this run started so well. After my stretches I set off on my way, took a slight detour down my road for a oncoming 4x4. In the road, unobstructed down to Ryefield in the road. Up the pavement to the lights. Round the now usual car at the service road and then along the rest to the final entry opposite SMC.
    Reached the Kestrel point at 9.03, not baqd and my run was full flow.Running along to James and U2 etc on my iphone keeping me at a good pace. I got to Park Point in 8.04 which was nice. But halfway along Park Road I blew up, my pace was fast but I just had to walk for pretty much a minute. I set off again at a reduced pace which I managed to keep up.
    Got to the RAF in another 10.21 with no problems, keeping it nice and controlled. my ascent of Helly Hill was controlled but not hard. On reaching the summit I managed to keep fast. Whizzed through BP this time and managed to get a decent pace along the downward section of LLane. the final section from the Library was quite nippy.
    Writing this some 12 hours later with a sharp pain in my ankle means I shall refuse the offer I've had of a 10 miler tomorrow at the club but will almost certainly go for a bike ride tomorrow. the repairing of my foot continues and the possiblity of a 6 - 7 miler next week is in the offing.

Jog Watch - Three

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

yikes, ok , thats me out then! im just hanging on to 6st 10lb!

is everyone out doing a post-england match to get their headds around what exactly happened with THAT goal?!!image

• I know! think I will have to time my 90 min runs with the England matches to avoid the turmoil that they create!!!image

• I think I need tips from you sindeelou - I kill to be even just 2 stone heavier than you!!

Did 9.30 miles this morning, wasn't great.  Horrible weather and I got soaked and wasn't very fast.  Think about 1hr 25 mins but could have been anything up to 1hr 30 mins.  Ah well, there's always next week!

• Hi folks, nice to see some activity here! Me: steady 10M, benefiting from a change of scenery as spent weekend at in laws. Slow but nice.
  • Got out before the rain this morning. 3 miles in 24 mins. Tried to beast up my normal hill at the end, not sure how successful I was though......
  • 6.5km in 35min. Long easy hills on the return leg but the heat was killing me. Just to piss me off the rain held out until I got home image
  • having one of those weeks where my kit is against me! Garmin still not playing, then today the strap on my sports bra decided to ping off halfway round. hiding in the bushes repairing bra not my idea of fun, though it's making me smile now! another life experience i'd have missed if i didn't run image. not sure if it was the time out spent doing that or just that i'm lucky this time around but easier run today despite the lack of blood.

5.3m in 50min

• 4M Easy/Steady to burn off the calories. Dry, warmish dull. Along the banks of the River Clyde again.
  • I've had a few good runs last week, doing doubles on 3 days totalling 12-14miles each, and long runs (abt 12miles) on 2 days - manage to up my mileage as part of training for my 1st ultra.  However, I should be doing a 22-24miler last week but didn't manage toimage Think I was too tired so I'm going to try again next week...
  • Nice on runnaholic; you're really clocking them up... good luck with the BIG RUN as and when.

Me: hill reps, 10x in 1.30-1.34. Proper strength building stuff

• Ran 10 miles earlier in about 1:20, also had half hour on weights and half hour swimming.
  • 5M Fartlek. Shattered, legs like lead. Longer reps this morning. Trying to get fitter. Lovely sunny, summers morning session along the banks of the River Clyde.
  • My first run today of a 16 week marathon training plan. 9 miles at 7:52 pace in nice sunny weather image. I also wore new trainers today although they are the same type I had before. After 3 days of rest my foot seems to have improved. I can still feel it slightly and I am hoping it has just been a bit of inflamation that will pass. 7 mile tempo run planned tomorrow at the gym.

• Hey guys my first ever post after my first ever event run! I ran the 10k in Leverkusen and ran it in 49:35. I was quite chuffed because i wasn't 100% well through a cold and my ankle was not 100% but i thought id give it a go and was pleased wih the outcome. I'll be returning back to England this summer and i'm running the London Marathon for Phabkids next year so will defo be entering more.
  • 4.5M Steady. Dull and a bit cooler. Recovery run from yesterday.

Well done Marc.

• Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭
    I had my minor heart operation last week (RF ablation for SVT) and it seemed to go very well. Managed to get out for a run 5 days later (3.8 miles) ... and then did two more this week (both 5.5 miles). I've lost some fitness after 12 days off completely (and only a rather poor marathon in 18 days). But hopefully it will come back quickly ... and at least the SVT shoudl eb gone now! Aiming for the Leeds 10K on 4th July.
  • Well done Marc M, and best wishes to Dr. Dan. Can't be easy finding your stride again after your op.....

Me: 8M into work, did the main bit relatively quick, 7.10m/M which is pleasing to the point of exciting....

• Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭
    Another 5.55 miles today ... 8:36 m/m at 71% wHR. Oh, and my first cycle to work of the year! image