My Last Run

Comments

• swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    Cheers, Dr. Dan - sounds like you're well on the way image
  • 4M easy/Steady and another lovely sunny summers morning. Great to get out.
  • Well done to Dr Dan, Chewie, Hunts SR and anybody I've missed.. Some good training going on.
  • Hello people,

nice to see some activity here. Well done Swittle, runnaholic and others!
    Me: some speed stuff, 4X1.3k in 5.06, 5.05, 5.03, 5.05. Faster than last time! Satisfying.
  • Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

Glad you're enjoying the sunny weather birkmyre ... it's frying me! image

Nice session there DF!

Today I did my first bit of "hard work" for a while ... 3.4 miles split into

0.7 mile @ 9:15/m, 1 mile @ 6:26/m, 1 mile @ 6:36/m and 0.7 mile @ 7:24/m

with about 90s in between each to recover/stretch. I went a bit too fast on the first hard interval and consequently was hot and hurting on the 2nd interval ... it's a bit too hot out there for hard work. Cycled in this morning and so I will have to face the "big hill" on the way home with tired legs.image

• Dr Dan :Not that warm at 5amimage
  • swittleswittle ✭✭✭

Cheers, DF - swift sesh image  As I said ^ you're well & truly getting there, Dr, Dan.image

0650 and 5.1 miles on tracks, trails & Waterloo prom - warm, with bright blue skies and a huge container ship being fussed over by two pilot boats. 

• 4.5M Steady.Warm and dull. A helicopter was hovering close by ! Horses galloping around their fields too.
  • swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    5 miles @ 6.40am, trail & beach - tough on the soft sand image
  • Just a short run of under 6miles for me this morning - nice warm sunshine in the country parkimage
  • Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

Ditched the bike today and ran to work instead ... only problem was my rucksac was already at work, so had to carry an awkard bag over my shoulder. At least I will have the rucksac going home.

5.5 miles ... knowing I had to get back tonight, I planned to be conservative ... it's mainly downhill/flat so it turned out to be a rather brisk 8:30ish m/m for only 135 bpm avHR. The return leg this evening will be a bit harder! image

• Was in the gym earlier so had 10 miles on the treadmill again with some time doing weights and half hour in the swimming pool. Did not have time for the sauna though as wanted to get home for the football.
  • Major Oak 8K tonight. Very warm, and while the trails were firm they required some attention to prevent ankles turning! Went out too quickly as tried to keep up with the back of the main pack, and my Garmin is still away (although they have sent me a shiny new replacement meantime, it just needs charging) so had no idea how fast i was going. Km markers were either out of whack or my speed was all over the place, as went through the first two in 10m, and then took over 7m between 3 and 4. Opted to just take it steady from about 3K at which point i felt wrecked, so just concentrated on keeping going and finishing. No great hills but not flat either. Harder than I was expecting, but then other folk were muttering similar things at the end which cheered me up somewhat.

8K in 47.40

• 4.5M Steady . Okay run. Dull, but warmish.
  • 11km yesterday evening, it was far to warm. Got a terrible stitch about half way and had to walk a few minutes pushing my time up to an inglorious 1h 05min.
  • Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

I did the return run home last night ... 5.5 miles @ 9:15 m/m. It was hot and my back was saturated when I got to the top of the 2 mile climb and removed my rucksdac.

Cycled in this morning and will pop out for a hard running session at lunchtime.

• 9.4 miles this morning. Felt good and it was not too warm at 6.00. In my second week of my marathon plan and so far so good. Loving the weather this week  image
  • 8M slow. Wasn't really up for pushing it.

Lordshill 10k on sunday.

I'll rest between now and then......

• 3M Easy on a lovely sunny morning. Tired a s only had a couple of hours sleep. Got son at 2am from school 6th Year dance in Glasgow hotel next to SECC !
  • 5.1 miles last night around the town moor. 41 mins. Getting stressed during the day about running as I am worrying about the heat. Unfortunately am up at 5 for work anyway so can't fit one in then.

Trying a first 13 mile LSR tomorrow. Party afterwards to die at!

• Greetings all.  Been trying to catch up with this thread.... glad to see you are recovering well Dr Dan and Swittle!!!!! 3 years crikey! image

Well, I think I am well and truly fixed now.  After 10 weeks off running - boo hiss - enforced due to crappy bursitis in my left ankle all seems OK at last.  I've filling my time cycling and swimming and propping up the bar at club run nights.  Anyhow, first proper club run for me last night, 6 miles in 60.14 minutes, not fast I know, but the mainthing is no pain and swelling.  Hoorah!

So, back to the club run.  It was the out and back route that we do every 4 weeks.  Nice and simple plan everyone sets off togther and runs into Sleaford, through the town and down London road towards Silk Willoughby.  Everyone runs for 30 minutes turns round and runs back.  The plan is to all finish together too.  It makes a nice sociable night as all the fast, slow and inbetweeners finish at the same time so we usually all stay for a good chat afterwards.   I plodded out with Mandy and Ali, by the time we got into town Mandy had picked up a young man who had seen a whole line of us running past.  He ran with us for about a mile, turned out he is joining the Army in the new year and wants to improve his fitness, so might have recruited a new member!

Jog watch - too many to count

Muck spreaders - 2

• Headed out today and notched up another 25 mile run. This was in a time of 4:20, which is 40 minutes slower then I ran the same route last week, but bearing in mind I was out running today in the mid day sun, I was just happy to complete the run as the heat was scorching and a real struggle to run at all, let alone with any speed. Saw plenty of other runners out and about, so a relief I am not the only one mad enough to be out running in the heat.
  • steady run early this morning, out on the trails then back on the roads. still harder than it should have been. not sure if it's the temperature. Sunday's long run looking to be muggy and warm.

4.1m in 39m

• A very enjoyable 7.5 miles this morning. Set off at 5.45 and the temperature was a lovely 11 degrees image. This week has been a joy and makes me wish we had it a bit more often. Apologies to those who run later in the day. I have to do my long run tomorrow instead of Sunday. I will be running 16 miles and will aim to get out early'ish. Have a great weekend everyone. 
  • 26/06/10 - 6.72m - 1'06'00
    No where near the time I want to be but.... I am out there running on a regular basis and that has to be a start. Still have pain in my foot but I am going to have to live with it. I feel as long as I rest and cycle I will be able to run longer.
    Today was hard work. Started off OK but as I got to Uxbridge and beyond I was noticeably fading, forcing myself to get round from about halfway round. It is till about geting around at the moment but I will build up.

Jog Watch = 3

Hope you are all running well! 

• Went along the beach this morning for a 10 mile run. Was quite warm even at 9 am this morning so only managed a 1:40 time. I love the hot weather, unless I am running in it, then I can't wait for cooler temperatures to return. Got a feeling it could be long hot summer though.
  • 16 miles this morning in 2:06. I chose a route that I have done before but did it the opposite way. It proved to be generally uphill up until 10 miles before becoming easier over the latter part. It was warm even at mid morning but helped by a breeze and cloud cover at times. I now have a 2 day break before getting back to my early morning cooler runs image
  • 6 miles in 51 mins this morning. Feeling the burn in the sun, am not a hot weather runner and much prefer driving rain and icy winds. image

Anyway, lots of other runners out looking hot and bothered, and happy cyclists basking in their own breeze! I had to ignore the rude comments from work men, but looking red, in a red vest doesn't do me any favours.image