Options

Southport 10K's

There are two 10K's in Southport this year, the 10th and 17th of October and to cap it all the Liverpool 10K is on the 3rd October. Living in Southport I want to do all three but find it really frustrating that they're scheduled for consecutive weeks!

Comments

• Options
    Don't understand why there are two in Southport on consecutive weeks. Who puts those events on?
  • Options
    Natterjack has run one a couple of weeks after the Liverpool 10k in previous years but this year there is a Cancer Research Run 10K on the 17th and Natterjack have brought theirs forward to the 10th. I've just run the West Kirby rotary 10k and Penny Lane Striders 10k's on consecutive weekends and would prefer a bit more time between races. Are there plans to move the Liverpool 10k if the Liverpool marathon takes place next year?
  • Options
    Personally i think there are too many 'charity' runs! It is likely the Liverpool 10K will move next year if the Mersey Marathon plan is confirmed for October. Difficult to see where it could be moved to as most dates in the calendar are taken up somewhere in the North West region.
  • Options

NOEAA have announced that the Northern 6 stage and 4 stage road relay championships are to be held on October 3rd so thats going to rule out quite a few runners at the front end of the Liverpool 10k field.

• Options
    Thank you for the advance warning!