Zombies

BookyBooky ✭✭✭

In a lull at work recently, me and a colleague were discussing out plans for surviving a zombie plague. Assuming the zombies are the Romero kind, we thought hiding out upstairs and destroying the said stairs would be a good bet. 'Cause zombies can't climb stairs y'see image We'd probably die of dehydration/starvation though, because we didn't account for adequate supplies...

So what would you do to 'outlive' zombies?

And what's the best zombie movie? I'd vote for Shaun of the Dead, myself image

Comments

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

See you down the Winchester then!

TBH I would rather get stuck in with the cricket bat than whimper upstairs.  

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    Mr. Puffy wrote (see)

See you down the Winchester then!  

I'd rather try my luck with a shovel than a cricket bat. I'm thinking it would be hard enough to bash 'em, but also sharp enough to take the odd head off image

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    Bill Murray is a genius in Zombieland image
  • Oh Zombieland, best Zombie movie by a far stretch closely followed by Shaun of the Dead.

I think I may go for the hide out in the shopping centre tactic.  Lots of food and drink and things to while away the time between shooting zombies.

• Chewie1981Chewie1981 ✭✭✭
    Braindead is probably my favourite zombie film. Classic quote, "They're not dead exactly, they're just... sort of rotting."
  • Scotty4Scotty4 ✭✭✭

brains!!!!!!!!!..........need brains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............................BRAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Scotty4Scotty4 ✭✭✭

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Images/ExternalImages/ProductsDetailed/65/004565.jpg

ooooooooh ta very much!!!!!!!!!
  • I haven't seen many Zombie films except for an old black and white thing set in Haiti - no idea what it was called as I didn't see the beginning and it was years ago and The Serpent and the Rainbow.  Both were good.

They scare me more than vampires or werewolves because they just keep going.  That doesn't really make sense as I'm a far better endurance runner than a sprinter. image

• image The oringinal night of the living dead is still the best. Althrough don't mind the re-make other than the ending.

Dawn of the dead both films rock

Day of the day. Oringinal excellent, re-make one of the worst films ever seen. Shame because good casting just very poor film.

Land of the dead. Spot on!

Shaun of the dead. excellent a long spaced eposode. image

Evildead all three films good but the third one is just for laughs and more like shaun of the dead.

Zombieland slightly throwaway in parts but a top film, if you havn't seen it it's Scrubs with zombies.

28 days and 28 weeks later. also good intelligent filmmaking.

Resident evil. truely pants waste of a good storyline.

Would lock the doors and try to stay alive in a zombie attack by the way. Got double glazing they won't get in

Sorry always really liked zombie moves. Geek and proud of it! I can start talking about each film and the politics and lifeboat style storylines in detail if you want?image

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Wondered when you'd arrive Cake image

Love the thought of zombies being stumped by double-glazing image They'd have to be the original Romero variety rather than the new and improved, super-fast version. Or the Land of the Dead thinking variety...

Have you seen Mutants? It's a French movie - virus turning people into crazed bloodthirsty mutants. Similar to the rage virus, except it takes a few days to have full effects. Not a bad film, but the subtitles kind of spoil the tension.

I'm waiting for World War Z to come out... image

• Is I am Legend a Zombie film? 

Those rage virus style films freak me out.  

• PruePrue ✭✭✭

Zombieland has to be on the list...  and shaun of the dead is a classic!

• Mutant's isn't bad. The early Sir Peter lord of the rings stuff like braindead is pretty good as well by the way, like above. Also of note is the mini-series Deadset,

Only problem with zombie films is takes a lot of make-up and easy to look cheap even through it isn't. There are also a lot a very bad cheaply made films out there because the George who art the master did good jobs on limited budgets and lots of talentless people thought they could do the same. For those who don't know the type of horror film, the good ones are usually people trying to stay alive in a bad place and it's there interaction and faults, failings or success that make a good film. Far more interesting than something like saw where after you've seen one person die in a horrible way you've seen them all. If you want to watch bad things like that just move to New York or somewhere else with a high crime and murder rate.

• Shimmy shimmy wrote (see)

Is I am Legend a Zombie film? 

Those rage virus style films freak me out.  

Same set up kid but not Zombies. You could also say Omegaman another classic. There have been some good John Carpenter films.
  • Scotty4Scotty4 ✭✭✭

what about remaking classic movies and giving them a zombie theme ?

I'd vote for The Sound Of Music just to see the carnage caused by those blood and brain thirsty Von Trapp kids.

'The Hills Are Alive With The Sound Of Zombies'

and a new spin on 'What are we going to do about Maria'?...............erm.........blow her brains out?!

• *makes note in pocket book*

ta matey image

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    Scotty. wrote (see)

I'd vote for The Sound Of Music just to see the carnage caused by those blood and brain thirsty Von Trapp kids.

Excellent idea.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is well worth a read, and the film is due next year I think image

• Scotty. wrote (see)

image The books ace
  • BookyBooky ✭✭✭

The first horror film I ever saw was the original Night of the Living Dead. I was 11 years old and mys sister was in charge... the ending image I've loved zombie-realted things ever since. In fact, today I am modelling a t-shirt like this:

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/23/7/AAAAAsz1by4AAAAAACN4nw.jpg

• I love that TShirt, where can you get one?
  • BookyBooky ✭✭✭

They have them on ebay Shimmy, but I made mine myself. Bit of acrylic paint, bit of fabric medium and voila! image

They also have them here

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

I'm a (reasonably) athletic zombie fanatic. That makes me dead/mostly dead, but also maybe alive... I conclude that I am, in fact, a zombie myself image

Mmm... brains...

• image ARRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!
  • I'm joining the army
  • image Are you going to be the hippy core? image
  • I'm going to infiltrate from the inside Cakey image
  • OK I'm trying to think of the Zombie film I saw on video back in the 80s... there was a sequal to it as well... it was basically a bit of a p*ss take of zombie films... Erm I think a toxic gas/liquid got spilt in a graveyard causing the zombies etc... Two of the main characters (a James Dean type teen & a lecturer I think) are actually dead but don't know it as they inhaled the toxic gas and right at the very end they burst through the attic hatch where the others are hiding giving it "braaaaiiinssss*  Anyone know the film I'm on about???  In the sequal the two main characters are in it but alive/dead again and they keep referring back to the 1st film.

Sorry, could I have been anymore cryptic there???