Options

Too Fast.

Hey peeps,

I'm constantly being told that I'm running to fast, 3m in around 22mins though this does include a little walking as I've only being running approx 6 weeks with a lay off due to being poorly sick..... The thing is I don't feel like I'm running fast.

How do i slow down, when i don't feel like I'm going fast image

Thank you image

Comments

• Options

I am new to this too mate, I find the treadmill to be the only way to control how fast I am running atm.

I live at the coast and love running on the beach but I find it nigh on impossible to control my pace, I end up running too fast and burn out before I do my distance.

The plan is to get up to running 2-3 miles without walking and then take it outside.

Just now I have a long beach by me which is 0.75 mi long, it's a nice distance to run twice at a fairly quick pace image

• Options
    Graham LGraham L ✭✭✭
    Makes a change to see someone asking for advice on how to slow down!
  • Options
    Hi 1 stepway!
    Since I've been wearing a forerunner (or any device that shows your pace/speed) I've found it really easy to slow down. It's made a real difference to my long runs, they are almost painless now that I'm doing them at a sensible pace.
  • Options

If you don't feel it, keep going, your'e going at the right pace!

One mans fast is another mans plod.

However if you are feeling it or failing to complete a run try talking (preferably with a running partner!).

Say hello and pass a couple of pleasantries to all you meet to ensure you are running 'slow' enough!

It'll make you and they feel better about the world........luverly image

Matt

• Options

Cheers peeps,

Matt : I'd love to exchange a few pleasantries, I just don't seem to see anyone around at 05:00 - 5:30 when i do my run, Think thats cos most sane people are still asleep.

I'm not doing anything more than 3 miles at the mo, 0 running experience and 20+ years of smoking to over come...but the distance before a stop is required is increasing to the point i only need to 2 short walks yesterday.

Rob.

• Options
    Same again, take it steady and get used to it image