Glasgow Half Marathon

NessieNessie ✭✭✭
Accommodation in city centre now booked for Saturday night. Any suggestions as to meeting place/time for Saturday evening carbo-load?

Comments

• drewdrew ✭✭✭
    Nessie, don't want to make it too late, so what about 6:30 to 7'ish? Swiss Bobby suggested somewhere in Princes Square called Il Pavone. It's either that or somewhere Bath St/Sauchiehall street like Saninos or Ciao. SB may not be able to make it.

What's your preference? Are you coming down by train?

If we can get an idea of how many are coming I'll book a table nearer the time.
  • drewdrew ✭✭✭
    Got my pack in today - number 256.
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    I'm probably going to come down by car. (There are only 2 trains after lunchtime on a Sunday to Inverness and if I miss the 2:10 which is always possible if I'm leaving bags in the tent/wanting to shower at the station, I won't get home until nearly 10pm.)

6.30/7pm sounds fine, and Princes Square is handy enough. I'm always happy to take someone's recommendation of a good restaurant.

Do we wear pink carnations?
  • drewdrew ✭✭✭
    Pink carnations sound great but it's probably less conspicuous if I e-mail you my mobile phone number! We could meet outside Princes Square(or inside if it's raining).
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Probably a better idea right enough. Hopefully no-one will suggest the pink g-string on the head..............
  • 6.30,7ish sounds good to me too,I am actually working 4.30-10.30 pm but will arrange to nip out to meet up.
  • Highly recommend Sanninos (although I'm not sure that's how it's spelt) which I'm sure is in Bath Street. Princes Sq is effectively a shopping centre and a bit over-priced.

Good luck guys!
  • Got my number today...where are you meeting then?Please let me know....oops I thought it was tomorrow but its next week so no panic!!
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    I hope my number turns up today - I was getting a bit worried when Drew said he'd got his on Tuesday, as I was quite late posting off the entry. Fingers crossed it's on the mat when I get home.

We'll be e-mailing mobile numbers before next week, for final arrangements.