Talkback: Asics GT-2150

Fit and ride was just as nice as my outgoing 2140's even from straight out of the box, no issues whatsoever. 

Comments

• Highly Recomend then for High Milleage Training. Great cushioning and very lightweight

did get two blisters breaking them in but after 3/4 runs Lovely Jubbly !!!!!

• Bought these after having a few minor problems with other running shoes, so far I have had no problems. Straight from the box, they fit well and no problem with blisters. Upto 8-9 mile runs in them and plan on wearing them to go further.
  • I bought a pair of these at the weekend, and am really pleased with them.

Been running with the 2140's up to now, and have had problems with blisters. Took the new 2150's out on a 16 mile run yesterday, and had no problems what so ever.

Well worth the money.image

• For many years now I've been running in 1100 series, quite happily upto the 1140s where I've had issues - leg pain etc. Switched to 1150s and again, pain has returned. If I run in my 1130s, all is well.

So the question here is, what's the difference? I'm thinking that maybe I should try the 2150s - more support?

Theories welcome?
  • I have worn out 2 pairs of 2120, 2130 and 2140 in succession, currently on my first pair of 2150.  I'll be honest here, there is no appreciable weight difference between them (sorry Karen), but I will concur that it doesn't feel as good as the 2140.  The 2150 took an age to break in and just doesn't seem to offer the same responsive, nicely cushioned ride.  I'm a bit disappointed to be honest, I did my best ever marathon in the 2140 and was hoping to improve in the 2150.  Perhaps Asics just dropped the ball with the 2150, it happens.

NE

• have always run in neutral shoes until recently,bought a pair of anodyne in may as i had been struggling with long term groin problem. Had gait analysed today and was shocked at level of over pronation. Bought a pair of GT2150's and ran 9.5miles in them tonight with no problem,my only concern would be the fact that wear evident on heal after one run..but early days willsee how they are after 100miles or so
  • Granted I don't do massive mileage (about 25 miles a week) but I loved my 2140s and I'm with the comments that got their 2150s out of the box and went running with no problems - no breaking in, no blisters.  First run was a 10k tempo run which was about 10 secs off my PB for a pretty hilly training route so it wasn't an easy test.  I also don't really feel any weight difference, although perhaps I can say with my 2140s I's have set a new PB.....