Saturday 24th July 2010

GobiGobi ✭✭✭
What: Parkrun(easy) + a few miles
Why: Triathlon tomorrow so having a very easy day
Last hard: Thursday
Last rest: turns out it was June the 20th
Lyrics: yes

Rach is riding to the Parkrun and I usually drive and have a swim so this morning I am just chilling out watching some TV.

Comments

• Guten Morgen ! 

Okay,okay thats that over withimage

What:3M Easy /Steady.

Why: Normal running resumes.

Great holiday in Berlin. It was very warm in the low - mid 30s. We saw lots such as Checkpoint Charlie, Reichstag, Berlin Wall and we even went out to Potsdam  for one afternoon/evening. The Olympic Stadium and complex is fantastic. Mind you the cost of sportswear is very high over there in comparison to Britain. i could bore you but I won't.

Oh and there was a big window advert for the German edition Runners World in ZooGardens Station. That made me feel at homeimage

Catch up time now.

Have a good one

• Morning

What: 13.5 miles up and over the hills d & d, maybe a hour on the bike tonight if I can sneak out
    Why: Athens Marathon is coming so better start training
    Last Hard: That is probably the furthest I have run this year!
    Last Rest: Sometimes I do

Will read back.

• mavamava ✭✭✭

morning

What: 9 miles
    Why: because
    Last hard: actually, the end of that cos it was hot
    Last rest: 6 April

HR was slightly elevated this morning but I would have expected that because of the wine I had last night. but that didn't make the run any easier! 

Have a good day all.  good luck to all racers today. 

• what: 30km - 2hrs50
    why: 11 weeks to the marathon
    last hard: today!
    last rest: 14/7
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Just sneaking in under the radar to congratulate Ceal and Moraghan on their excellent Eurovets performance. Thoroughly deserved.

As you can probably guess from the lack of posts I'm not doing a lot. Truth be told I'm well and truly FUBARed. I think it's about time to bend to the inevitable.
  • Afternoon all,

DD:  I'm 3 weeks into my Athens training image

Tom:  Good to hear from you.  Only death and taxes are inevitable image

Big congratulations to Ceal & Morag.

2nd big toenail dropped off this morning which has taken a while as it went black at VLM.

• What:  8m recovery
    • Why:  recover
    • Last Hard:  Tuesday
    • Last Rest:  20/6

Have a good one!

• TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

Afternoon folks.

Been lurking occasionally when I get a chance over the last few days, but didn't really have time to post til now, so......

Congrats Moraghan. Very nice championships for you (& cheers for posting the time ceal and congrats to you too). Hope the relays go/went well today.

veester - you've been posting some nice training. When/what is your next race?

AF - sounds like it's coming together for you. Nice to hear.

Going back a bit......

LMUH - hope you're feeling better today. Yes I know I'll gain some muscle (lower body), but have some fat and muscle (upper body from using the xtrainers) to lose, so should still end up considerably lighter.

What: a very nice and relaxed 8m jog with BR and Hilly who were passing through Reading this am.
    Why: why not?
    Last effort: ?
    Last rest: last Saturday was only 30mins of maintenance work, so that probably counts.
    Lyrics: nope.

Not even the slightest peep out of the knee this morning. Very very pleasing! image

Run well all.

• Afternoon

What work
    Why Saturday
    Lyrics no

Cold seems to be starting to clear so might sneak out for a medium to long run tomorrow.
    Essay crisis looming again so running may be impeded somewhat.
    Good luck with you're tri tomorrow Gobi Is Rach Tri'ing to?

• mavamava ✭✭✭

blimey, where is everyone?  I think this might be the shortest DTT in all the years I've been posting on it.

Hey, Tom.  Good to see you. 

My day has been oh so exciting;  after my run I went to sainsburys, made lunch, wrote two reports, did a couple of hours of other work, watered my brother's garden.  Now I can relax.  

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

You heard it here first..."Moraghan in silver and gold relay double!"

Well done Moraghan...and teams. Really looking forward to the reports of your champs.

Tom: it is indeed good to see you. Are you running at all? 

Mava: sounds a really interesting day. Rather similar to mine. Spent morning weeding (which I later discovered was not good for the neck). Then, as it was so pleasant, went to Old Trafford to watch cricket. Inevitably it rained and I was cold (suddenly dropped to about 16 degrees) so went home then 20 something minutes run...neck really jarred on downhill. And got wet again, although by then it had warmed up  a little. Then Tesco, then made evening meal. 

Birkmyre: glad you enjoyed Deutschland. Would write in German but Chick would correct me>

Gobi, LMUH, go well.

TT: running with people like BR and Hilly is absolutely what you need at the moment! Are there others that you can do relatively low tempo (for you) runs at?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • mavamava ✭✭✭

alehouse, thanks for the news

All hail Moraghan, and ceal.   imageimageimageimage

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Thanks for reminding me, Mava, I've not congratulated Ceal properly: well done Ceal. Looking forward to your reports, or a link to where we can find them.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Congratulations on the medal haul Moraghan and Ceal.

Tom - good to see you.

Alehouse - that sounded like a nice day.

Tipp Top - that would have been enjoyable getting a run in with Hilly and BR. I didn't realise you were in Reading. One of my ancestors was born there, I've even been there to check out a bit of family history.

M. - great long run.

Birkmyre - sounds like a very full-on holiday.

Dubai Dave - looks like you and AF can meet up in Athens - have you met each other before?

What: Up early ran 11.5 miles - tough but good run - it's been a while. Then took middlesized gdaughter to her netball game, then we had a very enjoyable time in the spa pool -7 of us! Then middlesized gdaughter and myself finished off the last book in a trilogy - very nice time spent together taking turns to read a chapter each out loud.

Good running everyone.

Good running everyone.

• TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

A very successful games Moraghan image Congrats!

alehouse - the pace I ran with BR & Hilly is the pace I've been doing all my jogs at (and the pace I will continue to jog at for another few weeks). Sorry to hear the neck is still not right......

NZC - cool. I came here because some of my family had already settled here. When I came over (11+ years ago), apparently something like 15% of the population of Reading was Irish or Irish origin!!! Which part of Reading was your ancestor from? Are you fully better now btw?

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

TT: the point I was trying to make was that it is so much easier to run with others, and at this stage in your comeback, preferably with those that you can run with at a relatively easy pace. Like many others a bit disappointed with myself this evening...Irish snooker player that used to live near me has died...very difficult guy to keep on the straight and narrow and you always think that its someone else's responsibility. Quite friendly with him off and on for about 30 years  (he frequented a few of my locals) and he used to talk, or try to, about running and horse racing, but never snooker. Always asked about the kids, which was nice.

NZC: nice day, including a better long run.

M: nice long run. 

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Alehouse......following your post I googled "Hurricane" and saw a photo of the man - very, very sad to see such a vigorous charactor reduced to such circumstances. Put's me very much in mind of Belfast's other great flawed genius George Best.

I'm only running to the extent that my various aches and pains allow, but its only muscles and tendons - the rest of me, thank heavens, is still in working order.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Tom, in both cases I am not sure what could be done...they both seemed to have more than one finger on the self-destruct button. Good to see that you are doing some running...hopefully we will discuss more in the near future.
  • A childhood hero gone.  RIP Alex

• MadameOMadameO ✭✭✭

A very late good evening...!

I've just got back from London, exhausted and aching all over but happy.

And what news there's been in my short absence... WELL DONE Ceal and Moraghan, that's amazing!!

What: Nothing

Why: Recovering from last night 's gig - squashed right up near the front, jumping up and down, rocking out and singing from start to finish... my favourite album of all time from start to finish, live... WOW. Eventually got to bed at 5am, having stayed up chatting to various people (including some of the band members)... was pleased to get to say goodbye to the guitarist, as he's always so nice.

Last hard: That was it

Last rest: Today

More catch-up tomorrow so that I can squeeze in under the deadline!