Options

Edinburgh marathoners past and present

Comments

• Options

Bedshaped as a native of Fife you should be doing more to let the visitors know what they are in for. The small print does say that there are Fifers in this actual footage

• Options

Aw no!  Bedshaped, if you find it hard, I might very well pass out before the first finish line image
    I just looked at past results and EVERYONE is really fast.  I'm used to races over here where people just go out for the event, not the time.  Oh god, what have I done? image

Lol @ your alternative tour Markk image

• Options

Tee Hee Jacasauras Rex, still a good idea imageimage

Right 5 miles planned for this afternoon before I collect kids.......... got to keep with it though so tired image Only two more rooms to stip walls, one more to get carpet up........... Hey this house is still a 'joint' asset so shouldn't ex OH be doing some of the work image instead of me moving all his stuff around thats still here image boxing up and will bring into work to leave by his desk image

Thank god for wallpaper steamer thingumybob that gets that stuff off the wall.......

• Options

Oh it's very quiet in here these days!

Jac my first thoughts are that you must be pure mad mental to want to do 6 races in 7 days!  I know I find the Polaroid 10K series a bit tiring and that's only one race a week. Good luck though and don't let those old grannies take the best seats on the bus. Got to keep an eye on them. Damn those pensioners.

I'm slowly but surely building up some training momentum and I was out for a 7.5 mile run last night and I've got the bike to work today. As long as I get out for my proposed 18 miler tomorrow morning I'll have hit my best week of training ever. I'm currently at 24 miles for 3 runs and the LSR will take me up to 42 miles which will be the first time I've ever run a 40+ mile week.  If I can keep this up I know I can finally run the time that I know I can in the marathon.

All I've got left to say is thank feck it's Friday.

• Options

Morning all. Feels like it's been a very long week and I am feeling tired which I'm wondering is the result of the Stride. Going to have to use Mr Visa this weekend to buy new running shoes which I dont really want to do, but needs must.

Smiffie wallpaper steamers are shite - get a plant spray (one of these plastic containers with the trigger and adjustable nozzle)  for a couple of quid from B&Q. Ffill with water, spray  wallpaper, leave for 5 mins (e.g. spray more of wall) apply pallet knife or other flat edge scrapper to wet paper and hey presto wall paper comes off! Much easier than arsing about with those steamer things.

• Options
    After that brief flurry af activity this morning I thought I was in for some riveting running related riposte but alas it wasn't to be. Instead I've spent the day pretending to work.
  • Options
    Greg stop dicking about here and get back to work image 
  • Options

Mark my entire working life is a farce. I come to the office and spend 4 days out of 5 pretending to work then do what I have to do on day 5 and no-one ever notices.  This approach has served me well for over 8 years so why stop now!

• Options
    And you are moaning about this?
  • Options
    I like moaning. It makes me happy.  I am bored out of my t*ts though and that's the problem.  
  • Options
    Glad to see you know who to thank for the loan of that paper stripper Smiffie !
  • Options

Is that the squint paper getting scrapped smiffie??????? image

Got some bad news yesterday.  Although I tried to pull out of the tour of fife I got an e-mail from Fife AC saying the race isn't full and to just turn up and run what I can if I want.  I'm working on the 1st and last days.  Would still feel a bit of a fraud turning up for any of the other races.  Maybe I should just hand out sweets like I did last year and not bother with the running bit. image

Only one more week until I'm unemployed image

• Options

Greg how can you bored in your CSR role -sounds fab...  I would appreciate if you coulkd do some work around the US Congress, perhaps coming to the rdaical conclusion that as much as they they think they do, they don't actually run the world. Interesting that US personnel are barred from attending UK enquires though it doesn't seem to cut both ways.

I'd watch that IE7/8 temp files and internet log though Greg - lots of nice tale-tale tracks for your IT dept to look at if you boss gets the idea that you are doing nowt but surfing the net. Downloading a DAT file cleaner may be a good idea image 

Anyway, to more exciting stuff. I'm going out for a wee six miler to get my arse back in gear after a week recovery post Stride. Feeling a little bit tight around the hamstrings and AH. Nice and gentle me thinks.

Will also have to face up to attacking the garden this afternoon having put it off for longer than I should have.image

• Options

Feck... I think I have an injury image Getting pain in bottom of shin, right where the tendon runs up from the foot. Dont think it's shin splints as doesn' come on straight away but gets worse to the point of had to stop at four otherwise trouble free miles and walk back in image. Pain seems to come on as the foot bends in the stride as opposed to when it hits the ground.

Anyone got any ideas what this is? Overuse injury??

• Options

Limp ankles.  Its a bit like limp wrists and is brought on by wearing poofy lang soaks whilst running. image

Football was back today and my god Dundee are even worse than they were in any of the last 7 dismal seasons by the looks of it. It was a 2-1 win eventually against the might Alloa but was absolutely awful.  I think the Alloa goalie threw one in his own net with a minute to go just to spare the crowd of 30 minutes of extra time it was an awful match. Is it not May yet? image

Jac, Beshaped and Bungle are you all set for tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after that............ Shame I'm not joining you but I will just have to grin and bear my last week at Superdrug.  I think that will be an equally painful endurance event. image

• Options

Thanks Dr Can but I think I'll get a second opinion all the same. image

BTW are you banking on a farewell present from your co-workers? Or is it beyond that?

• Options
    I thin they are throwing a party to mark my departure.  I dont think I'm invited but they are having a party anyway. image
  • Options

Planing a farewell gift of your own? Washing up liquid in the toilet system? Block of cheese down the back of the radiator in the staff room? Rogue unpeeled prawn somewhere that takes ages to be found?

Afterall it's nice to give the love back that other people show you image

• Options
    Only 5 races to go for the girlies!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I kind of missed the tour of fife today in a strange perverse way.  Should I enter the Dyce half next week to make up for it? image
  • Options

Just looked at results for the Tour of Fife. There is no sign of the Bungles or my mate the doctor who were all on the list of entrants.  Are they still running? image

Jac I take it you are just luring Bedshaped into a false sense of security and saving yourself for the hills!!!!! image

• Options

Morning all. Early start and off to Londonstan for a couple of days. Source of injury has been tracked down to the gym and single leg-raises- a bit to eager and may have piled on too much weight thus bruising the tendon image A$se...

How's the tour of Fife going folks - any good tea rooms yet? image

• Options

As I said limp ankles image

Is Londonstan next to Afghanistan and Pakistan? image

• Options
    Morning all, out with injury this weekend so bored bored doing lots of strengthening exercises for weak - "disappointing" glute.  Hope to be able to run on Thursday, if I can't then training schedule goes out of the window and Kielder will look more and more like a distance not worth chasing!  Did go out on my bike and managed to get Garmin to work and something actually logged on it. 
  • Options
    Londonstan south of Watford Can image
  • Options

Morning all

I'm feeling happy after a good training week last week and I was out on Saturday morning for the first of my long runs. I was up in Port Appin so the route took me around the top of Loch Creran and back and was 18 miles. It actually felt relatively easy going and even the normally awful hill at mile 17 wasn't that bad. That also took my weekly mileage up to 42 miles which is another first for me. I actually feel ok after all that but I'll need to have an easy week this week before building up the miles again.

Mark I know the pain on the top of the ankle thing quite well. I often get it when I start upping the miles and it always seems to be an overuse injury.  No doubt the Clyde Stride has something to do with it.

• Options
    Can - where did you see the results??
  • Options

Got them!!  Ha ha Can, you worked out my strategy! image  Hey, I never said I was fast!! image

Well done Bedshaped!

• Options

Ouch, that hurt yesterday, especially the stitch I developed 2 miles in and had to run/walk the rest. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen today!! Oh and that it's not as feckin hot either - moan whine image

See you at Lochore Jac image

• Options
    Ya big jessie Bedshapedimage