The Perkins Great Eastern Run 13.1

Entries are open.

You know you want to image

Comments

• Oh NO i dont

dont like running, it's No good for u image

Kazza darling honeybee how are u

• I'm ok m'dear.  How are you all doing?
  • Is it that time already? image
  • I'm in. There's plenty of time to train, right?
  • Masses of time Chris but it will soon come round!

I've entered.  It's going to be interesting to see how close to the 10 minutes and 10 seconds past 10 o'clock that they get!  I'll probably still be in the q for the loo image

• Hopefully slightly less chaotic at the start this year!
  • Hmmmm.. am wondering if this is the same one (presume so) that 2btiny's entered.. just looking.. excuse me.. image
  • Good thanks Kaz image How you doing? Recovered from Brighton and illness following image Not a chance to recover from one cos of the other. Going bed soon a supporting OH at VLM tomorrow, early image

I think this might be too far... was just planning ahead. Is it a nice run?

• It's a lovely run with lots of lovely peeple image and it's flat image
  • Thanks, I think it's too far travel wise...
  • Tracy, having a hard marathon and then being poorly is a real double-whammy you poor thing.  How did G-Mike get on today?  It was very humid out there today.

As minardi says GER's a great run.  I've done it three times now.  It isa fair old trek but it's one that I'd not miss now.

• TracyB...................It would be the very race!!!! Not entered yet but do plan to. This is my PB course and I plan to attempt to smash it this year. Lovely and flat with great crowd support.
  • Hey Kaz, Mike did a fab 3.47 which is particularly great after his 3.40 last week image Am well proud of him image

Hey 2btiny image Think it's too far really....

• Hey Minardi, 2btiny hope you are both well. TracyB this is a great course well supported and organised I ran it first time last year and will be attempting again body willng. Well worth the journey there are some cheap places to crash but you would need to book in advance as they tend to go quite quickly. Go on go for it you know you really want to.
  • This could be tempting, I may run it in my Cobblers shirt.
  • well I am in, I was looking for a farly local flat half marathon to try and get a PB under 2 hours, so this could be the one.

Hi Tracey B hopefully you dont think I am stalking you, hope you are well

take care all

• What's thoe route like on this one?  I mean in terms of scenery?  Peterborough has a nice centre but looking at the map, it strikes me as a lot of housing estates and duel carridgeways.
  • Cobblers MarK

not sure on the scenery, and I dont know Peterborough that well, I have chose it as needed a half marathon in the autumn as part of my marathon prep for next April, and was going to do Cransley half, but work are entering a team and it looks like it will be for the 10k so will do that instead, and as for running around Peterborough in a cobblers shirt, you are brave !!

• Haha, I know a few P*sh fans who will give me a bit of banter.

Cransley is a lovely course, highly recommended if you haven't done it before.  Certianly not a flat one though.

• I know the Cransely route as I use the road through Grafton Underwoood to Brigstock and back as some of my training runs for my marathons, and it is not flat.
  • Cobblers - it's certainly not a scenic course but the residents of the housing estates come out in force to cheer us on and give us their jelly babies!  I'd rather that than a lot of trees just standing there looking pretty!!
  • Minardi

I did the Brighton Marathon and the cheering crowds there was the best bit of it, so i am looking forward to the Great Eastern Run.

• Sounds good Mainardi, you can't be local support.  I'm getting more sold on this, although I probably wouldn't recieve any jelly babies if I wore my Cobblers top.  I may have to come incognito haha.

Having done a few Milton Keynes races in the past, there is nothing worse than running around deserted housing estates.  Northampton lacks a big event so hopefully "The Run" which is a 10K will extend to a half next year.

• Cobblers Mark.....The scenery at this one is awfully dull........with, as you noticed.... lots of housing estate running. The first bit through the "nice" suburbs is not bad but the rest is not great for scenery. HOWEVER!!!!!.......The awesome crowd support form all those housing estate residents more than makes up for the lack of scenery. You will have almost constant lovely encouraging support from people who bring there chairs out onto the pavements and make the most of the road closures. Plenty of jelly beans, water etc and on offer .....even loo stops at homes were "advertised"  last year!....if you were desperate....... Plenty of banners and kids High 5-ing and generally a lovely atmosphere. It was well worth the journey for me!!! And to top all that it really is pancake flat and absolutely ideal for a PB attempt. I shall certainly be trying to do this one again and try for a sub 1h55 this time!!!
  • I'm in!!  I'm actually quite nervous as it will be my first half marathon image However very pleased that it's flat! image 

• Im in!

3rd year in a row for me, i'll 2nd most of the points already raised, flat course, great support, ive PB'd every year (sub 1:15hrs this year fingers crossed!)

Course goes back to its normal route this year i think, also an earlier start will help as the weathers been red hot on occasion!

im from Peterborough originally so always enjoyable running through all my old haunts & past the family house,omplete with family support sat sunbathing with drinks/icecream........(how on earth thats meant to be a motivational sight i dont know!)

counting down now and really looking foward to getting there, hows everyones training going?

• Earlier start may be a bit of a pain - though as you say it avoids some of the heat. That's assuming it's hot!
  • Wicked DWicked D ✭✭✭

Hi to all that know me and those that dont

GER is an awesome event and as has been mentioned not that scenic BUT the locals REALLY do become apart of this event and come out to support, its almost a Mini London Mara image just i bit more personal

I'm gutted i cant run this event as i'm running in a Marathon the week before and a Xcountry Marathon the week after, I'm also working on GER day so i really am snookered but its probably for the best as I may well have tried to fit it in

for those who've run this before you SO know how good this event is, for those who've not run it yet GET IN and DO IT, trust me you'll be back the following year as GER is THAT infectious

I look forward to reading everyones race views on here Good,Bad or Indifferent, remember as a runner your in the top 10% of the fittest/healthy within the UK which in its self makes you all special and part of the elite  image  

good luck one and all image