'Skins' as running/training tights?!

I need a new pair of running tights/leggings ready for this winter and have been told that Skins are very comfortable and really help during training. However they are quite costly and I was wondering if anyone had any say or knowledge about them and if they really work?

Also if anyone could recommend any other brands/styles please do?
Thanks

Comments

• Ive got Skins and 2XU full length compression tights and three quarter length shorts.

The 2xu are more stylish but lack the quality of the skins imho. I really like them and find that they help my recovery.
    I prefer to run in compression shorts and sleep in compression tights which I believe aid my recovery and reduce muscle tightness which I have previously suffered from.

• i bet you missus loves you image
  • image Lycra not your thing then Madlot.
  • Nope, I like to feel the air around me knackers image
  • I have Linebreak and skins.  The linebreak are very comfortable but don't do anything that any 'normal' tights do.  Skins are great.
  • I bought a pair of skins last Christmas and I really like them.

I have been using them in training when I do a longish run at a steady pace and I think they have help me to improve my runs.

• I use Skins (long shorts) all the time. I lvoe 'em...and I don't wear shorts over the top. let your nob stick out!

No shops seem to stock them at the moment.

• Compressyourself.com has plenty of stock in. Or try skins.net - free european shipping right now.
  • I wear skins but boys not ladies as the ladies sizes are all too big - -I find this the case with most running clothes. Also boys clothes come in a better colour range.

I've got a gammy right thigh so I like to use compression shorts - wear compression socks as the tights aren't very tight on me - bit like Nora Batty really.

Intersport sell skins -not a great deal of choice though - I buy online from skins.net

Thing I like best is that the material is very light weight and you can't really tell you're wearing them.

• I used to run with a girl who wore skins leggings.  She said they were very comfortable and I was happy because they were see-through where they stretched across her bum image
  • BB ✭✭✭
    I've got a pair of 3/4 length skins and tbh don't notice any difference between those and normal running tights. I get cold legs though so they'd be no use for winter, I use thermal tights for the winter
  • As it's panto season I decided to get some tights. I went for skins and have found them really good for running in. They seem to wash ok too.
  • I have the Skins long leggings, long sleeve top and shorts and the quality is really good although some of the yellow stitching does tend to fray a little, also the one underarm material is laddering and wearing thin.

Another aspect is that your body hair seem to make it's way through the weave image which is ok if your hair matches the material colour....... Razor anyone?

• I have skins 3/4 lengths and I agree with B, they really dont seem to make much difference and as M.ister W pointed out they just allow everyone to see my pants.  I wear them in the summer as they are lightweight but I dont know that they were necessarily worth the money.  I know plenty of runners who swear by the socks though - i just cant get over the fact they look a bit silly!
  • FWIW I have a couple of pairs which i picked up for a bargain price. Can't say that running in them makes much difference but I have found that wearing them as recovery tights has been a revelation.

Did a 10 mile cross country run a couple of weekends ago that usually would have left me waddling around for a couple of days after but wore my skins after and the next day I had no muscle soreness at all.

I have some Linebreak tights but they do not appear to have the same compression as the skins. They are expensive but I would definately recommend them as recovery tights

• Bought my compression tights and top from Start Fitness the More Miles brand and they were £14.99 each item and they are brilliant!!!!   They are still on the website so no need to spend mega bucks really.  Not wanting to spend alot of money as I have seen how pricey the big quality branded stuff is, I found these on Start Fitness and I can only speak as I find, my first set but they do make a difference.image
  • i save my 2xu compression tights for "special occasions" and usually just wear normal tights

the reason being, is that they're a total nightmare to get on and off!
  • Why don't you try RECO TPR tights? A lower cost alternative made with similar fabric properties..They are only available in mens but are comfy to run in and definitely help with recovery.