DT & Laura

• Gold PigGold Pig ✭✭✭

Pub List for Notts:

Fiona & Shaun
    CazSoul & Mr CS
    DT & Laura
    Goldpig

Caz...thanks for the nodimage

Been a while since i was last on here, but glad to be back. Wish my running was up to scratch but god loves a trier, so i keep telling myself.

Seen there have been one or two mishaps with the ladies but glad theyre sorted, and no shananigans in notts.

Is anybody else doing the full mara image 

• I'd love to support Jo but I can't go and drop out of my own stag do now - can I?

Loved watching Mo Farah and Thompson last night. Was really struck by what a genuinely nice guy MF  is - brilliant stuff

8.6 miles in one hour on the treadmill today - boy it hurts to run again

• i wish i could even manage 8.6miles at the moment! im going to use you as an example to the missus dave, shes always banging on about me not supporting her enough....at least i turned up for her 1st half though! image (amazing what a man will stoop to to gain a few brownie points!)

5miles is just about as far as i can push it at the mo! still, slowly but surely the old achillies is hurting less and less after each session. another 5am 5miles under the belt today, going to start doubling up with easy runs in the morning and slightly faster treadmill work in the eve until im 100% def finding the shorter sessions along with 2lots of stretchs a day are helping the recovery. fingers crossed i can get back to serious training in a few weeks, dont think i'll be challenging our 10K boys anytime soon though!

GP, i think its just you, RP and her fella that were brave enough to tackle the full! talking of RP has anyone heard from her lately? she seems to have gone AWOL!? couldnt even coax her out with talk of free ban & jerrys ice cream so somthing must be seriously wrong!

• Don't you worry Dave, we'll look after Jo... Can't guarantee your bank account will ever recover... image

I was just thinking this morning that I hadn't seen RP about for what seems like ages... Do hope she hasn't fallen off the edge of the world... image

That's good news about your achilles DT, keep taking it slow and steady and you'll be back to your former SuperTanner self in no time.

Oooooh we're ordering new race tops today... Seeing as how RW doesn't seem to be getting its ass into gear with regards to the forum tees... We went onto Nike ID... Mine says CazSoul on the front, 70 on the sleeve & CazSoul 70 on the back.  Mr CS says Bru on the front, The Boss 72 on the back and just for the Forumites who know us Mr CS on the sleeve. image

• post race pub: www.riverbanknotts.co.uk/

if you have a look on the map the start line is next to the pub on Victoria Embankment. thats my motivation now, get round the course as quick as my little legs will carry me so that i can park myself in the beer garden with an ice cold pint and wait for you guys to join me! image

altough i might partake in some serious cheerleading for those less fortunate that decided to do the full course! image

• Looks good DT.  Are we meeting there on the Saturday, just to make sure we know where we're going??? image

• Glad to see you're enjoying the early morning runs Darren!!

I'm out early tomorrow morning for a half!! It's my 12th wedding anniversary so am going to celebrate with a half marathon along the coastal trail path at 6am - well that's the plan at the minute, can't be arsed with a lie-in and as I have a long weekend off it should start it off nicely!!

Good luck WR

• Pub looks good. Is it the one over the bridge on the left as you leave the cricket ground? I have been in there on footy Saturday's before we discovered the Ladybay (having read that back it just sounds wrong) The Ladybay is a pub in West Bridgford - It isn't some pick up joint or anything.

9 miles last night along the barrage on Cardiff Bay - First time ever on that route and really enjoyed it. Combined it with a jaunt up the Taff Trail as well. Very Pleasant and I'm using the surroundings as an excuse for the sedate pace.

• thats the one mate, by the way folks there is no such pub called Ladybay, you should all go with your original dodgy thourghts about our Dave! image

another 5am 5mile run this morning, starting to quite enjoy these slow paced recovery runs now! 10k race on sunday in Richmond, going to take it easy and treat it as a slightly faster training run. shame, though as the guy i helped in Edinburgh is also running, originally looked as though we'd be pushing each other along to go sub 35, he's got a cracking chance of making it where as i will prob be 37:xx and eating humble pie!

WR: how'd you get on this morning?

• Morning.  So you're in Cardiff at the moment then Dave?  I'm really looking forward to the Cardiff half in October as a section runs along the barrage (and over it I think?) and round the bay and obviously the City centre.  Missed it last year.

WR - very strange anniversary celebration - a half marathon.  Does Mrs WR approve? image  Hope you enjoyed and had a good run and have a great weekend.

DT - think we should stick to original pub.  Although if the other one is that 'dodgy' - wouldn't that be a good place for your stag night Dave?

You take it easy in the race DT.  Although you probably won't take any notice - in a race situation, with a bit of buddy competition thrown into the mix.................................dangerous territory. imageimage  Just make sure it is not a repeat Edinburgh - reversed.  Take care. image

Welcome back GP!  You'd better track down RP quick or you'll be the only one doing the second half.  But don't worry about support - we will be with in mind all the way around - as we raise another glass to you. imageimage (mine's squash by the way since my accident. Lol)

• Managed just over 9 miles first thing this morning, had to cut it short due to heavy rain, this is meant to be the summer but as I type this I have a light on because it's so dark.

Fiona- Mrs WR has given up, she got a lie in till 8 before the kids got up, what more could she want?

Hope this weather clears up as there's a regatta at the yacht club tomorrow, but as usual it will probably rain!!

Good luck for anybody racing this weekend
  • Gold PigGold Pig ✭✭✭
    R Dave wrote (see)

Pub looks good. Is it the one over the bridge on the left as you leave the cricket ground? I have been in there on footy Saturday's before we discovered the Ladybay

Dave...Think you meant Ladyboy image

DT & Fiona....RP has not entered so it looks like i am on my jack jones. The pub looks good, just hope i am back before you lot fire off.
    According to my training.......i may be some time image

• Hello everyone.

Not been on for quite awhile and still some great running going on!!

I haven't run for over 2 weeks as 3 weeks ago I managed to smash my knee on a wood floor at the scout hut whilst trying to win a relay race at Slimming World image. Had xray on Thursday to rule out any fractures as I can walk perfectly fine now but knee is still very swollen and hot. Had tried it out at Park Run two weeks ago but had to retire after 3k as could feel something moving about.

So peed off it's untrue - losing weight is bad for you...lol!!

So I have missed two 5k races I'd entered and will be missing a 10 miler in 2 weeks time  which means no half at the end of September imageimage

• Morning all, and welcome to the injury bench Shezzie, theres quite a few of us keeping it company at the moment!

spoke to RP at the weekend to confirm she is still in fact alive! unfortunatly as GP confirmed he IS going to be the sople 26.2miler out of the gang, good luck mate! RP's also joined us on the injury bench after stacking it on a run (i'll let her fill in the details!)

well my achillies held up ok on Sunday, a little bit stiff today which is to be expected though, still managed to get 36:58mins, which i was pretty pleased with after a month of hardly any training and carrying an injury. fingers crossed its a sign of good times to come once i can get going properly again!

how did everyone else get on over the weekend? no more tales of woe & injury i hope!?

• No injuries here touches wood , but I had forgotten what it was like to run with a hangover, so didn't feel too good on yesterdays run and the sensible thing would have been to give it a miss but hey who wants to be sensible!!

11 weeks to Palma marathon!!!image

• Yup Good Luck GP! - we will all be cheering for you mind - so that should give you a bit of a boost. image

Glad you managed your race OK DT.  A really good time as well. - I can only dream of such speedy times - and that is fully fit. Lol.

RP - if you do read this thread anymore - hope the injury is not too serious.  Take care.  Also Aunty Shezzie.  Fingers crossed for you too. xx

WR - and there's me thinking you were the sensible one. image Silly me!  Maybe I can pinch that hat for a while - haven't had a drink since my accident - two weeks now and counting. Can't see me borrowing it for long though. image

Are you getting slightly excited about Palma?  Can imagine getting excited about 'Palma' and '11 weeks' in the same sentence - but can't quite get my head around getting excited about 'Palma Marathon' and '11 weeks' in the same sentence.

Well running went OK on the weekend.  10 miles yday was really hard work - just lack of energy - but did have a really busy weekend which wouldn't have helped. (neither would Shaun waking me up at 2.30am Sunday after a night out to let me know he had invited some friends around!! Why? - then they proceeded to laugh and yap for God knows how long - very loudly!! - Aaarrgghhh!!!image) - so maybe I should be quite happy I managed to finish 10 miles at all. image

Hope everyone had a good weekend - catch you soon. x

• Gold PigGold Pig ✭✭✭

Fiona...make sure you all cheer loud so that i can hear you.

DT....well done with your run, still a whippet even when not fully fit. Ive not heard from RP so i will have to find out about her injury, has she fell over a tub of ice cream or something. image

WR....Palma will soon be here, hope the training goes well.

I saw pictures a couple of weeks ago of Paula Radcliffe doing a 10k race for fun and getting a time of 47 mins........at 7 months pregnant. Then yesterday she was commentating on the mens mara in barcelona and mentioned she had been out for a run.
    What a bitch, when i am at my peak i couldnt beat her.....imageimageimage

I tried a new route yesterday and managed 15m. I felt really strong at the end and could of carried on but as i was 200yrds from my house decided to call it a day. Its done wonders for my confidence and thats on top of a 40+ mile week. I am not planning on getting a fast time in notts and will be happy to finish under 5 hours. The training has not been good and ive had no motivation but hopefully i can make the most of the next 6 weeks. Up until yesterday i was thinking of joining you guys n gals on the half. I just need to get a few more LSRs in just to ease the pain whilst thinking of you lot in the beer garden.image  

• Fantastic going GP! imageimage

And don't forget this is your third marathon this year which is pretty amazing.  As for the 5 hour target - think that is a definite.  You may well really enjoy it as you are not putting any pressure on yourself. 

Don't you worry about hearing us - we will have the whole beer garden chanting your name. image - mmmmm............................. must speak to Caz about a banner.

• Gold PigGold Pig ✭✭✭

Fiona thanks, what ever the outcome, i am sure we will have a good weekend. When you say "enjoy it", you werent talking of the run was you image

Well ive gone and paid for my hotel in Paris for the 2011 marathon. I wouldnt mind, the race entries only open in september. Thought there was no point waiting till then as i will be there anyway. 
    I have not even bothered with London and so if any of you lot fancy a spring marathon and are  not doing london, come over to Paris....you wont regret it.

• Urgh I am so tired... Started a new training regime last week and I think its going to take some getting used to... It's probably nothing compared to what you mighty warriors do on a regular basis but to my lazy ass it's hard blooming work... I only get one day off from training now and I'm pooped...

Well done on the race DT, was it a 5K??? 36:58 for a taking it easy race, it can't have been any other distance... image  Seriously though, well done and I'm glad your ankle held up ok.

LOL at Shaun.... How did you resist giving him the death glare Fiona???  And I hope you made LOADS of noise when you got up to go for your run. image  You're obviously a serious afferleet being able to complete 10miles on next to no sleep... Go Fiona!!!

Don't you worry GP, you'll be able to hear us from miles away... Wonder if we can borrow Goldeagles pom poms... image  Glad to hear your mojo is slowly but surely returning, well done on the 15miler.. . image  Hope you had a nice cold pint to replenish the lots fluids/carbs.

• GP, im already in for London next year so Paris is a no run for me, i love that race aswell, def my Favourite! my missus may be running it though so could still be there to support, come to think of it i think Daves missus Jo is running it aswell? could be a pretty good support crew you end up with over there!

Caz, it was a 10k, 1st 5k was on the road = Good, 2nd half was on loose gravel/track = Bad! actually kept reminding myself to slow down! the guy i was meant to be racing with went under 35mins so pretty glad i decided to just let him get on with it!

• http://ladybay.co.uk/shopsservices-mainmenu-43/lady-bay-pub.html

It's nothing to do with ladyboy's its just a really good pre-match pub

Great running DT and GP. I've still not broken 37 yet so maybe I need some achiles trouble to help?

I think Jo will be thinking about Paris after the half in Nottingham. I remember my first half and thinking it was beyond human endurance to do it all agai. We'll see how she goes but if she wants to do it then I'm there with her. Unless something importnat comes up like a game of golf or something image

Like DT i'm also comitted to VLM and the sub 2.45 project. Gotta to be honest and say I fancy my chances if we aiming for just under 2.5 days!

• Quite fancy Paris GP, must get my schedule sorted out for 2011 and see what i'll be doing. Good luck with the training for Nottingham, go out and enjoy it!!

Going to Menorca at the end of next week and looking forward to getting some warm weather training in, hoping to do one run of at least 10 miles in the heat in prep for Palma. I'm really looking forward to the Majorca marathon, the course looks fab!!

• GP, I've got Paris as my 'back-up' for London and as the chances of getting into London on the ballot are pretty well nil it may be a goer. Hopefully Nottingham will be good for you and put the rest of us to shame for only doing the half or sitting with our feet up.

WR, haven't been to Menorca for 15 years but we took the kids a coupleof times when they were young. Really nice place. Have a great time and don't worry too much about the running. I suspect it will be seriously warm.

• morning chaps! Nice to see the thread still active!

I hope you're all well.

My training for Amsterdam in October is well underway, into the 6th week now and I have to say I am NOT enjoying it at all. Don't know what's going on but I have absolutely zero energy on my long runs and am starting to get cross and fed up. Don't suppose running with a chest infection has helped, but it's most definitely a lot harder this time around!

Anyone else doing Amsterdam...?

Cheers

Ade

• Cheers GE, never been to menorca but I suspect my 4 and 5 year olds will love it!
  • Gold PigGold Pig ✭✭✭
    Well it was only yesterday how i said my LSR on sunday had built up my confidence. Last night i parked up at the gym and went for a 3m recovery run then hopefully a quick swim and jacuzzi. I got less than a mile into my run when i pulled my calf. I felt it twinge and the next step just stopped me in my tracks, leaving me to hobble all the way back. I cant believe how quickly it happened and its left me so pissed off.
    Apart from RICE, does anybody have any advice as to what ive done and will i be fit to do the Newark half on sunday.image
  • Aaaarggghhhh! - this can't happen to our surviving full mara hopeful. image

RICE as much as you can over the next few days.  No running. Can you aqua jog? - or try a bike to keep fitness up. Ibuprofen - but be careful it doesn't mask the pain totally and give you a false sense of security.  As for the race Sunday - gauge it and see how the week goes.  Perhaps with the rest of the week to recover any problem may subside.  Just use it then as a training run - not a race.

Really hope it is not too serious for you.  Chin up. image

You know what? - there are always the good old compression socks - Super Tanner may have a spare pair. x