Options

Edinburgh marathoners past and present

Comments

• Options

I didn't just get lost Can, I wasn't even there! image My knee is banjaxed thanks to the West Lomond!  However, not long to go for you now in the pharmacy!!! image

Markk - lovely!  Has it stopped raining yet? 

• Options

I'm unemployed imageimageimageimageimage 

Well the uphell time trial was fun tonight.  I got up it no bother at all.  I only stopped the once to wind down the window and speak to Bedshaped had a wee breather and then got up the 2nd half nae bither at ah!!!!!!!  Bedshaped was looking good at that point but looked a lot rounger by the time she got all the way down to the bottom of the hill to the start and back up to the top again image

Jac shame on you for getting injured.  I travelled all the way from Dundee to say hello, shout encouragement and hand out chololate and you weren't there.image I'll have to eat your Mars bar myself now image

There were some fantastic efforts getting up that there hill tonight not quite as good as Andrew Lemoncello and Helen Young's efforts which were seriously special but a really good standard.  My fav monent goes to Vicky tonight who lost all co-ordination after finishing her run.  Trying to watch her getting into a carton of juice was a bit like watching a 3 minute skill game on the Crystal maze.  image

Only one day to go bedhsaped and Jac if you can get patched up in time. image

• Options
    So bedshaped are you joining me for the dyce half tomorrow he he he
  • Options

Jac I expect you to be there too now you are fully fit again. image

Well done Bedshaped on yer braw 112th place finish and Jac for getting going again.  Were the cakes up to their usual standards. image

Jac your Mars bar was lush thanks image

Well I enjoyed the tour of fife it was nice to stalk some different folk for a few days but thats the fun over with for another year.  I'm officially stalking smiffie full-time again from tomorrow. image imageimage

• Options

Hey Caniggia thanks awfully much for the mars bar. Not sure if my clubmate appreciated me blowing chocolate down her whistle tho image  Well done?? Pah, I've had a shite week. Today I had an astha attack after 1 mile so that was pretty much that. Stiil, all done and dusted eh? Next year - see you back on the start line seeing as you can pick and choose your hours better image  Hows dole money paying just now image

I missed Jac today thanks to my woeful state at the end and never saw her in the hall for a table bulging cake fest which was pretty darn awesome!!! How did you get on today Jac??

Now, what time does this half start???  Next week I'm gonna do some real running!!

• Options
    Huh Caniggia33 you havn't even noticed the wall paper changed a year ago, some stalker image
  • Options
    I did notice it has changed.  Its really nice and at a jaunty angle just like the last stuff imageimage
  • Options
    Hi all

Sorry I've been AWOL for ages!!!!

I can't believe I was at all T of F races apart from the time trial so I missed seeing you Can image Its definately not the same supporting and not running image I was still glad I was there though to soak up the atmosphere image

I start back at the club in a couple of weeks so hopefully I'll stay injury free from then on!!!! Not doing the GSR as not fit enough, but will support my brother. The GSR has lost its appeal for me anyway, the route is pretty crap and it was just a case of doing it cos it was on!!!

Well done all you tour of fifers, girls you did great even with your injuries and ailments, well bloody done image
  • Options

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Bungeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your everywhere today image

Your right with the GSR route.  Its a bit of a minger but I always run pretty quick there so I'll be back there again.  I dont understand why they have to go over the Kingston brisge which is  glorified flyover and not along the river to the SECC and over the squinty, past the BBC and science centre and past Catle Greyskull to get to bellahouston and pollock parks.  Its the same distance, a lot bonnier and would get rid of the nasty bottlenecks to get onto the Kingston Bridge in the 1st place.  There free t-shirts are also absolutely minging unless you are the sort of person who like dressing up as a pint of semi-skimmed.

On the subject of half marathons I had a bit of an indifferent race.  I ran 1:31:34 which was 1:13 faster than last year, a 2:11 quicker than Dundee a fortnight ago but still well over 5 minutes short of what I ran in Edinburgh in April.  I was doing OK until the 6th mile which was the 5th one uphill then just ran out of steam, had a bad 8th mile and a horror show in the 13th which was uphill again.  Those 3 miles alone cost me well over 2 minutes between them.  It wasn't great but I've had worse (much worse) although the drizzle and coolness probably made it look better than it actually was.  But hey its a new start and I've still got 12 weeks to try to get it right for Beijing image

• Options

Morning everyone - I'm back!!!! Survived the tour of duty with the Outlaws, which to be fair wasn't a chore. Managed a couple of 6 milers inculding taking my BiL out for a wee run - tee hee image Any slower and we'd have been walking....

• Options
    I've been self employed for a day and in my company of one I haven't fallen out with the management yet.  I should have done this ages ago. image
  • Options

My god bedshaped.  That asthma attack must have been really bad it made your cheeks go an awfy funny colour. image

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vintagehighlands/4851341716/in/set-72157624507740367/

• Options

God it's quiet in the house with no OH or weans. I should be making the most of it and getting my runners on but frankly I cannae by ar$ed so have resorted to doing some pointing instead before rewarding myself with a bag of Hula Hops and a glass of wine image

• Options

sounds like fun markk I think I'll do some too image

http://www.irishviews.com/400x300/finger-pointing.jpg

• Options

I did wonder as I typed that how long it would take you to post a picture, or tell me that  I was being rude image 

Reduced to searching Facebook and fidning it is truely a scary place - I keep finding people that I dont ever want to see again, or who look like they have married mail order brides... image 

• Options
    ha ha Can, some things never change in this hoose!!!

Hi Markk enjoy your wine and peace and quiet image
  • Options

hey that's about the only decent picture of me in the whole ToF Caniggia I'll have you know!! The roadrunpics guy clearly didn't find me photogenic at all, 1 lousy picture over 6 days!!!!

Hey all, slacking a bit on here. sorry image

• Options

Evening all.

Happiness is 12.45 miles dreaming of ways to burn down a Virgin Mobile call centre and wondering would they put you in jail for it,image followed by a shower and cold beer in that order image

• Options

I don't think sacraficing virgins is permitted anymore markk.  Well not in Glasgow anyway although I think if the call centre is on a wee island off the west coast you might still be able to get away it. image

Isn't it great how the Benny Hill music can cheer up even the most gruesome of film endings image

2nd day of my new life and so far so good. image There must be a catch image

• Options
    You'd be hard pushed to find a Virgin in Glasgow Cann image
  • Options
    Never had the fortune of a neighbour like that in 25 years in the West of Scotland. Or anywhere else in the world I've been.
  • Options

Work. Blah blah blah blah blah. What else can I say.  I'm having to produce an assessment on something I have never done before on the basis that "it'll be a good way to broaden your knowledge for future projects".  Feck off.  It also looks as though I'll be spending most of September in Kazakhstan. Considering that I'm getting married on the 14th Aug then on honeymoon to Sicily the following fortnight I don't really want to spend the first month of married life in Oskemen (or Ust-Kamenogorsk to give it its Russian name) then a two week trek along an oil pipeline across the land that time forgot around what used to be the Aral Sea. 

According to the tour guide "The post-war industrial history of Ust-Kamenogorsk is very closely intertwined with the Soviet nuclear bomb project, and the city was therefore kept closed to outsiders. One of the main industrial enterprises, the Ulba Metal Works (UMW) which produced and still produce uranium products, was kept entirely secret despite it employing thousands of workers. An explosion at the UMW's beryllium production line in 1990 led to the diffusion of a highly toxic beryllium-containing "cloud" over the city. The health effects of this incident are not entirely known, partly due to the fact that the incident was kept secret by the Soviet authorities."

WTF?!

I can tell that Friday will be one of those "I could murder a cold pint of beer" days. The fly in the ointment is my planned 20 mile run on Saturday morning which I really have to do.  That means I have to make a choice. Be good or be bad.

• Options

Hey Greg Kazakhstan is also famous for it's human rights abuses. According to memory they are keen on boiling those pesky political types in vats of hot water image Fabulous rich history regarding the developement of nuclear and chemical weapons for the old USSR - both research and "practical" testing...

Don't worry about the marriage thing - after a couple of weeks of bliss it will be business as usual image

• Options

Well we say business as usual but you never know what damage all that nuclear waste might cause.  On the upside when you come home and go for a run you will always look like you have had your Readybrek. image

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3337/3604079783_908cd2cdc7.jpg

I dont think I need to go to the gym tonight.  I've just finished my garden and shifted 400kg of stones and been to B&Q to buy some garden ornaments.  It looks really lush although I'm not expecting a visit from Prince Charles or an invite from the Chelsea Flower Show.  If anyobdy would like to come round and see my big balls they are more than welcome.  Once you have seen them you can then admire my stones and ornaments image

• Options
    I am actually intrigued to see just what effect dumping a huge toxic cloud on top of a city of 750,000 people would have. 
  • Options
    Much the same affect as having one 365 days/year hanging over Glasgow. image
  • Options

Some of them can be quite informative image

• Options

Ha - nice try. No peer reviews of IT audit work is a poor  excuse to f**k me off after months of hard work.

Really useful input which amounts to SFA of value that help no one and just makes me bang my head on the desk in a vain attempt to pretend everything is ok....I really question why I bother...I really do...image