blackpool marathon

Comments

• Hi again RocketRon,

I haven't heard anything back from that email address you gave me. I don't suppose you have the name and phone number of the person I need to speak to about getting a refund by any chance please? It really would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

LM

• LM.92

Race Office (2010) not received an email from you, try again  worldbest5.31@hotmail.com. Send full name and current address.

Race Office

• RocketRon,

Thanks for replying to me twice about  this. Unfortunately, again I haven't heard anything back from this email address, I copied and pasted it directly from your post above, so I don''t know how I might have got it wrong. Is there another email address or phone number I could try pleaase?

Thanks.

• More poor organisation by the look of it, e-mails addresses that don't respond.

I made several posts on the previous Blackpool marathon thread, that thread like all the others to do with srh races got removed, as the organiser can't take any form of criticism so demands all threads be removed if anyone says anything negative about their race experience.

So here are some of the points i raised that got removed.

I did some of these srh races a couple of years ago and wasn't impressed with many aspects of the organisation, as highlighted fairly and intelligently by Barnsley Runner and others.

However I gave them another go for this years marathon but was still disappointed.

My main issues -

Massive queues for no where near enough toilets, even at 8am. People still queueing at 9am when it started as they just couldn't get to a loo before this.

No PA system or proper announcer or music. Couldn't hear a thing the announcer was saying.

No atmosphere and no support from locals/spectators.

Not enough marshals. A couple of places it wasn't obvious where to go as there were little paths leading off. I understand some had been cordened off, but the chord removed.So these places needed a marshal, as people will always mess with stuff like that in a place like Blackpool.

Poor quality medal and t-shirt. Fine for a cheap 10k, but not an expensive marathon. £22 not cheap for what you get. No goody bag either. Just a tiny bottle of water at the end.Just not good enough from a professional money making business. (Sorry Mcandrew, don't swallow the line you pay over five grand of your own money to put on these races.) I know races cost a lot to put on, but you make a tidy profit and you know it.

• Go away Anne you sad sorry person, why keep knocking events you have never done and spoil it for the thousands that  enjoy them. Still,  retired now bought my new Fararri from the thousands made on events??? Life goes on with a new manager of Fylde Coast events I am only glad that I can till help in small ways no more so than raise funds for great causes, not moaning old soles like you. Long live the sport of running and the good guys, down with the knockers, your going nowwhere, end of debate

Rocket 5.31.  World Best

• Forgive me for hassling you rocketron, but I would really appreciate it if you could give me some contact details of the race team. All I want is a refund, which I think is fair given the circumstances.

Thanks.
  • LM.92 your not in any way hassling me all I want to do is arrange with the powers that be a refund for you  but LM.92 not good for me, let me have your full details by phone and I will endeavour to sort this for you by return

RR

• by phone...? is there a number i can contact you on please? my name is lily monk... do you need any other details?
  • Lily,

Email me your details and I will look into it and get your refund off to you.    worldbest5.31@hotmail.com

RR

•  Whiteside wrote

No PA system or proper announcer or music. Couldn't hear a thing the announcer was saying.

No atmosphere and no support from locals/spectators.

Hi 

This 1 was down to me last year the Preston North End Dj was booked to come 

I checked with him on the friday before and he was comin  and he did'nt turn up!

Over many years I have organised many races alot not as good as Ron's

In fact not any as good as Ron's  

Many things have gone wrong over the years (my races!) that the runners did'nt know about!

So Please if you want a perfect race Please dont come to mine!

If you think you can help! As I've said to Soup many times  Please come along and Help

• Did the Blackpool race this year thought it was great.

• Ron if you know someone called Ann Whiteside who you've upset then i am not her.

Stephen I am entitled to report on here on a race I have done that I feel was not satisfactory. If no one complains about any races you organise then you can't be making the mistakes that srh have, year after year.

You do seem to have a lot of enemies Ron. You've had a go at an Anne, Roy, Barnsly Runner, Hilly, NoSoup4U, amongst others who have dared to complain you spoiled their race for them by making massive mistakes that you are reluctant to apologize for. You just abuse people on here, trying to make out people have a grudge against you for no reason. Its just that you organise crap races, and never seem to learn from your mistakes, no grudges and vendettas from what i can see, and I've read loads of these threads on your races over many years

• Ok Ron, I've sent another email to that address. Maybe the others went into the junk folder?

LM

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    whiteside

I have met Barnsley runner and he is a friendly chap and his wife Hilly gave me there support in the Holmfirth 15 which is a good race if you choose to do it any time
  • Whiteside

I did not say I new an Anne Whiteside I was referring to another Anne whom i know to be a trouble maker. Yes I do have a few enemies, most successful people do, look at Alex Ferg7uson., but I have many more good friends i have known for over 45 years in the sport, not the do gooders who have come onto the scene lately and must enjoy the sport of complaining just about anything. Thousands of runners enjoy the races on the Fydle Coast and will continue to do so under Lordshoestring and his team. It is realyl funny the only people that complain do not even run in the events, idiotic individuals.  If you have a complaint email me (worlsbest5.31@hotmail.com) and i will discuss it with you but I guess you will still hide benind closed forum doors, never mind, I can cope with this. have to dash off to play golf and have a good time.

• Interesting that you class yourself as successful Ron. Thats quite an ego. I'd say you were one of the most disliked organisers in uk running. Absolutely no one else recieves the complaints you do.

Why do you keep saying its only people that don't do your races that complain? Plenty of people have posted on here about how poor your races are having taken part, myself included, sorry you couldn't be bothered to read my complaints properly. If you had, you'd have seen i have entered several of your races over around 7 years.

Why should we go away and not speak of our personal experiences of your badly organised races?

Now off you go and tell Runners World that people are being mean to you so this thread needs removing, like all the other threads you asked to have removed, because you objected to people that have taken part in your badly organised races from speaking out and having their say, when no one was abusive.  YOU are the only one that gets abusive to people on here.

And why do you keep asking people to e-mail an address that doesn't exist?

• Ron,

You posted at 17.53 on here that you were off to play golf. You posted on the Fleetwood Marathon thread at 19.14. You must have knocked your ball through the windmill first go. Isn't it amazing what a 16-handicapper (not) can do!?

• Idiot Soup, you are a sad person constantly checking statistic of no relevance whatsoever to do with you, now it seems you are jealous of my golfing expoits as well I bet you don't even know what a 16 handicap is, maybe come and join me in my next tournament,???? o'h sorry you cannot do this. Golf tonight cancelled late, my wife was taken poorly on top of her ever increasing disability, but then again if you had a wife you would probably ignore this important responsibility knowing you
  • Whiteside,

Why would i want to tell Runners World to remove your threads you have not offended me in any way on the contrary, every time a thread appears on an event Steve receives an upsurge in entries, so good publicity really and Fylde Coast events do tend to fill up, long may it last I'm sure Lordshoestring and his team will put whatever it takes into the events to make them even more successful. I'll be there on the days to help in some small way.

Ypou can email me with your actual complaints and I will answer them  worldbest5.31@hotmail.com

End of debate on here

• Idiot Soup, you are a sad person constantly checking statistic of no relevance whatsoever to do with you, now it seems you are jealous of my golfing expoits as well I bet you don't even know what a 16 handicap is, maybe come and join me in my next tournament,???? o'h sorry you cannot do this. Golf tonight cancelled late, my wife was taken poorly on top of her ever increasing disability, but then again if you had a wife you would probably ignore this important responsibility knowing you
  • Using your wifes illness is your usual bid for the sympathy vote Ron when people get cross with you over your badly organised races. It is a cheap shot. Everyone knows your wife is ill and that is terrible, and people are very sorry about this, but you always bring this up when you are losing an argument, which is pathetic and shows how weak of character you are. Can't take the criticism - mention the wife and we'll all be nice to you, well not any more, and you must be crackers if you think this kind of publicity is good publicity. You are deluded
  • Whiteside,

How dare you suggest I use my wife's illness as an excuse, shame on you, I certainly do not want a sympathy vote from anyone let alone a pathetic little nobody like you. My wife has more standing in the sport than you will ever have that is why she gets many cards and letters from friends she has gained over many years working for the good of the sport at all levels within the sport. You seem to have taken a very silly childish and selfish leaf from Anne's book another sado. & you know who I mean) As for not taking criticism, if you did the decent thing and speak to me, by phone or email then you will get the correct answers.,but you are a sad b... and do not want to know them

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    do we need a boxing ring here
  • Still abusing your customers i see Ron? You never learn and you'll never change.

Thank goodness you are stepping down as organiser. Please step away completely as no one wants you around

• Another mindless idiot popped up again puttng in their pennyworth, it is you that should stay away, i'm here to stay

• ROFL... man, I loved Blackpool Marathon when I did it in April and had one of my best ever runs on a VERY accuratley measured course... YET everytime I come onto a Black thread, it's a fight about this that and the other. Shame as it spoils what I think was a nicely organised race. Shame... it'll also taint anything else in the future I'd imagine.

Cheers Pug image

• Pugheaven

You are one of the true runners who seem to appreciate all that it takes to organise an event, sometimes things go wrong and they have with the Blackpool Marathon on a few occasions but with positive feedback we put them right and 2010 is testimony to this, Steve and his crew did a great job. I can take criticism, goes with the job. You will not be dissapointed with the Fylde Coast Marathon in february or indeed Fleetwood later this month (event now closed). Steve Ashcroft is a very compitent race organiser andlike all of us over the years volunteers for you guys out there.  Off to the 19th.

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    had a good race at Debdale park 7k today got 29 mins
  • compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    well got another good race on Wednesday night the Greenfield 10k
  • bloody hell this looks a hot topic.

Was thinking of doing the Flyde half marathon at the end of this month - is there still places available & is it ok run?

I live in the NW but not familar with there - does it go into Blackpool?