Adidas Sunglasses

Going to treat myself to a pair of adidas sunglasses. Does anyone have any experience or opinions of the adizero sunglasses?

I'm either going for them or the gazelle climacool pro.

Comments

• Well i went ahead and got the adizeros and they are amazing.

Used them for my first marathon in a hot and sunny Edinburgh on sunday and i had no problems with them.

So light, vision so clear and sharp compared to my cheap aldi sunglasses. Well worth every penny as far as i am concerned

• Can anyone else recommend any sunglasses? More for keeping the bugs out of my eyes than anything else. I had a look at the reviews in the magazine, they're all flipping expensive, but I think I might just have to fork out as a cheap pair would probably be a false economy.

Maybe Oakley half jackets?

Any ideas would be appreciated, ta.

• Mr BoatMr Boat ✭✭✭
    I've just ordered some from here:  Adizero. I  struggled to find anyone who stocked them in Bournemouth. I eventually found a small opticians who had both sizes; 170 and 171. The smaller ones fitted me better but they wanted £135 against £108 online, so I made my apologies and left.
  • Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

I have Adidas sun glasses for running. They are good for me as they have clip in prescription lenses. Thats fine as I sometimes wear contacts and sometimes not.

I have BBB glasses that I think are ok too. Much cheaper even with clip in lenses.

I think you do pay a premium for the name but I do think they are good quality.

• Mr BoatMr Boat ✭✭✭
    Update on the Adizeros: got hit by a tennis ball -not hard- and they broke into three bits; unrepairable. Not very strong.
  • Mr BoatMr Boat ✭✭✭
    Just an update on the Adizero glasses: I emailed Vision 3k which were the online outlet from where I'd bought them. They said send them to us and we'll pass them on to Adidas. I did this, bearing in mind they're out of warranty. A brand new set arrived this morning; that's less than 2 weeks after inquiring.....Great service I think.image
  • I have the Adidas Adistar and they are worth every penny.  They ventilate so no fogging up and have adjustable arms so fit is excellent.  Its my second pair (not poor quality, just use them so much) and got them from Vision 3k who had best price and great service.  Thinking I would save money, when first pair died I bought several cheaper pairs which fogged up, didn't fit and weren't adjustable, etc. etc.  It was false economy because they were a complete waste of money.
  • Mr BoatMr Boat ✭✭✭
    I bought mine with a veiw to training/racing in them but in reality it just wasn't comfortable when really hot; too much sweat running down the inside. OK for training on a cool bright day though.