Problem using forerunner305 outside UK

In UK I finish a run press stop then turn off. When I turn it on for next run time and dist are back to zero. On hols in Crete earlier this month - second run turned it on and time/dist were from previous run. Press start and it continued from this point, Tracked dist/pace very well but never went to zero after off/on. At home Sports Tracks only picked up the first run, Garmin software got them al but as laps the next day. In Norway for work now and it's doing the same.

Any ideas? Don't have the manual with me not a pick deal but in training program for Dublin and I like to keep a record for obvious reasons. Is it because I haven't downloaded after each run perhaps?

Comments

• GertieGertie ✭✭✭

I think that some of the tracking software will reset the 305 after you've downloaded the data.  If you 'continue' your run on another day then it'll just add it on to the previous one.

All you need to do is reset the distance before you start your next run.

• Had the same thing when I went to Cyprus last year.  Gertie is right its to do with the fact that you are not downloading the data.  Reset sorts it.image
  • Do people really download the information after every run?

I download my data about once a fortnight - in between it is necessary to reset the watch between training sessions.

• I haven't downloaded data off mine for months, just press reset and it sorts it out. Still keeps the data from previous runs for when you do put it onto the computer.
  • I download my data after everyrun, that way I never need to remember to charge the 305 as I just leave it plugged into the PC after.
  • If you do a workout or a course the data is reset. If you just press "Start" and "Stop" when you're done, it doesn't reset.

The manual is available from the Garmin web site.
  • This is a user problem, by the way.
  • Gyraffe wrote (see)

Do people really download the information after every run?

I download my data about once a fortnight - in between it is necessary to reset the watch between training sessions.

I do now, and I'll tell you why......

As I do a lot of cycling, and I have set autolap to 1 mile, the lap database gets full VERY quickly, once during a 70+ mile ride, my watch started complaining that the lap database was full, and there was no way to stop this warning without wiping the database (and about a weeks worth of info).

Now I just download after every session, and wipe the database every couple of weeks

• The 305 gets nowhere near full after 70 miles, but it doesn't have the ability to delete old sessions automatically. You can delete old sessions manually, but the "lap memory full" warning keeps on popping up every couple of seconds, so removing old sessions is awkward. You don't have to wipe the entire database to do that, though, as you can select individual sessions or all sessions older than a month or three months, or delete all sessions.
  • Just checked the manual and the 305 has a 1000 lap memory and when the memory is full older history data is overwritten automatically. (from page 46)
  • JeremyGJeremyG ✭✭✭
    Intermanaut I know it's a user problem that's why the thread is "problem using....." rather than problem/fault with. Thanks everyone for all the constructive answers - no problems today!