TUI Marathon Palma de Mallorca

Comments

• I sent them an email yesterday - but as of yet, no reply.

Hope they take the money soon, the credit card I used expires next Monday..............!!!!

Might have to ring them tomorrowimage

• Looks like the money came out of my account today - entered 4 April

Looking forward to it

• GeeeMGeeeM ✭✭✭

Just checked my credit card account and - finally, my card has been charged too image 

At least I'm more confident now that I don't get a puzzled Mallorcan saying "Que?" to me when I turn up on Saturday afternoon to register!

16 weeks to go...

• Glad to see there is a good british presence at this. Count me in!!

Second marathon and looking forward to bit of summer training-starting monday!!

Better check they taken my money though!

• Started my training this week!!!!!

stil not had the money taken from account though (paid on 9th May)

Managed to get Drs certificate - nice to know that all the booze hasn't affected me (yet)

• Do you need a doctors cert. for the Palma marathon? Had a few quiet weeks since a couple of marathons last month but now back into training.
    I assume my money has come out, haven't checked or remember how I paid it.

Good luck WR
  • GeeeMGeeeM ✭✭✭

Hmmm. interesting, this is off the T&C

Participation is at own risk. Adequate training, the requisite

health and physical condition including a doctor’s certificate

thereof are mandatory

Well spotted...! I wonder if they'll want to see this at the registration event then...?

• Hi Guys

That's a good spot - I'd better make sure I've got this covered - could you imagine it?  You turn up ready and raring to go and they don't let you run...

I'e had a calf problem, then hay feer/asthma so training has been curtailed to about 5k to 10k per week.  I may need to go for the half-marathon instead.

• When I went to the Doctors, I got the feeling he was pleased to do me a certificate saying I was fit enough - I think it made a change from the usual sicknotes and repeat prescriptions!

• Payless, did the doctor charge you for the certificate?

Andy, imagine turning up not able to run- straight onto the beer!! Hope the injury gets sorted out.

• When I went to my Dr, he originally said it would cost me, but after a conversation with him, he said that as long as I bought some sticks of rock back for the reception staff, he'll waiver the fee.

Thats why I think he was happy to do something different instead of the usual gripes and moans that they normally deal with

After speaking to other people, I think each Dr has the discretion on whether to charge or not - its worth asking when you ring up to make an appointment.

The 'certificate' he did me was a handwritten note on headed paper, so its not as though it takes a lot of work.

He checked my blood pressure, heart rate etc, asked about my drinking habits (thats when I started worrying!) and also my running history.

Nothing really to worry about.

• Cheers must make an appointment before i forget.
  • Ged KGed K ✭✭
    Read this with interest about the Doctor's note, is everyone getting one? I have read the terms and conditions and can see that is what they ask for, but never thought would have to do this to run?
  • Hi Ged - I'm going to get one just in case, although I like WR's suggestion of starting the beers earlier!!

Maybe beers pre, during and post-run are a good option - I wouldn't feel any pain from running!!

• GeeeMGeeeM ✭✭✭
    Bit of an update on the Doctor's certificate situation. I emailed info@tuimarathon.com and asked if we would be required to show one and have just got this reply! I think that's pretty definitive image

Hello GeeForce,

you do not have to show us a certificate. We just want everbody to be healthy
    enought to start at the marathon palma de mallorca.

Mit sportlichen Grüßen
    Best regards
    Robert Kremer

TUI Marathon Palma de Mallorca
    Runners Support Service

c/o eichels: Event GmbH
    Leinstr. 31
    D-30159 Hannover

info@tuimarathon.com
    www.tuimarathon.com

• Excellent news Geeforce, i had considered e-mailing them but hadn't got around to it. So no need to visit the docs.
  • How's the training going for everyone?

I managed to plod round the "Down Tow/Up Flow" half-marathon last Sunday and it was a hot day.  Good climatising I think.image

• GeeeMGeeeM ✭✭✭

Hey Andy!

I'm deep into the Runner's World FIRST 3 days a week running schedule which seems to be going well at the moment though I appear to be following a 3:30 plan based on my 10km time... Considering I will be VERY happy to go round sub-4:00 this is a bit scary - I can't imagine running 8:00 m/m for 26.2 miles image

Fortunately there appears to be drinks stations every 3km and most have iso, (which I guess are energy drinks) too...

I'm hoping the warm weather continues for a while as I don't have any acclimatisation time in Palma!

Bring on the beers and sangria - somewhere around 12:30pm on Sunday 17th October image

• The training is going well for me, 2 marathons already this year and back to building up the mileage. But my best friends stag do id 4 days in Edinburgh 8-11 october, that's right the weekend before.image
  • Am in week 5 of marathon training-knackered my foot-too much, too soon! Hoping just a bit of bruising and disappears few mins in to training. Only managed 6 miles at 8 min miling and then had to have a long lie down! Going for 3.30 but my current shorter races not giving the times to achieve that yet-1/2 marathon on Sunday and will be hot and hilly so give me an indicater whether need to revise my goal!image

Anyone on easyjet flights-already had my flight times changed twice-luckily on the way back but bit unsettling-can envisage straight from running to airport and miss those all important finishing sangrias!

• I'm on the easyjet from Belfast and had my flight changed on the way out and back. Also had my flights changed with easyjet for the Edinburgh marathon. It seems to be the way they are!!
  • Geeforce - I'll see you in the bar - not sure I'll be there that early but I'll be there... eventually.

Brimps - maybe a sangria or two at the drink stations will help en route.image

I think I'm booked with Monarch and no news of any changes for me so far, but then I'm going out from Friday to Friday to have a week off too.

• Got my accomodation booked, staying at the TrypBellver about a mile from Palma cathedral, had to book a sea view room to keep OH happy.

Just returned from a week in Menorca and got plenty of running in early in the morning, certainly hope it cools down over the next few weeks otherwise it will be difficult to get enough fluids on board!

Hope everyones training is going well.

Good luck WRimage

• Hello

Like some others I have entered (a month ago) but no money taken from card yet.  Have emailed the organisers.

Flights and hotel booked

Just need to do a bit more training now...

• I can't remember if the money was taken from my account, but my name is on the participant s list.

• Am on the particpants list...just checked
  • I also need to do a lot more training Amo, wish i'd entered the half now!!
  • Me and OH have booked the half, just trying to sort out flights and accommodation. We had the same problem with the payment, it took ages to go through but we're on the list so okay... Going to stay the week.

• Welcome cidersurfer, I think you've picked the sensible distance and then you can enjoy your holiday!!
  • Thanks for the welcome WR, we've been lurking for quite a while...