Things you want to say but can't

Comments

• Lol Cake, the truth is out, damn! imageimage

• image There appears to be a fair bit of anger management on this thread so throught I'd share a website some might find useful

passive aggressive notes

• JWrun wrote (see)

You got a cob-on again sprint? image

Some of your comments show some naivety (just being honest) but I do agree with you on Crocs being a mistake of humanity and WTF is it about Harry Potter???? image

Hello JWrun, 

Naivety really is in the eye of the beholder, and it's only definded by your own opinions. If you feel I am being naive, then so be it. I'm quite sure I could formulate opinions on your opinions, but that would still make it my definition of your thoughts.

Moral compasses only point in the direction that we have been taught and chose. If mine differs in direction, it does not make it wrong or naive, but maybe just different to your direction.

• Gizzards Puke wrote (see)
    Stu www.coastersgb.co.uk wrote (see)

debatable whether alcoholism is a disease , fine but choice!? . Nobody would "choose" to be dependent on booze to the detriment of their loved ones, health and quality of life.  People choose to drink and risk falling into alcoholism but they do not "choose" to be alcohlic like they choose their socks at Marks & Spencer.  Saying that simply simplifies a complicated issue as if you can easily "choose" to step out of it.
    Yes it is a choice Stu. Alcoholics choose to take the first drink, they make the choice to carry on drinking, they can make the choice to stop if they wish to. It's not necessarily an easy choice to stop, but it is a choice. It's pretty simple when you're drinking, your relationship with the bottle is the primary relationship in your life, ALL ELSE is secondary to that.There are inherent risks to alcohol withdrawal, such as fitting, as I'm sure you know, so withdrawal is not any easy choice to make by any stretch of the imagination, but there are plenty of ways that you can be supported through it. The first step to sobriety is admitting you have a problem, the second is making the decision to stop. I know this as 10 years ago I was regularly drinking over 200 units a week.

GP- I think my objection to the "choice" idea is that it can be used to blame or attack the victim once they are in the grips. We choose a drink or a fag and for a while continue with these risky activities but surely nobody "chooses" to be damned with the things for the rest of their life. All addicts experience eventually, a feeling of being trapped and cannot simply choose to walk out. It would not be a problem if that wasn't  the case-would it?   If we must talk of "choice" surely we must , at least , in our own minds and definition recognise that some choices are a lot lot harder than others to make. The common concept of choice is very suspect IMHO. How are things and ideas sold to us more than ever before.? As a "choice"? Is it not  simply a pretty recent buzzword that is applied to all and sundry? We can very easy lose the facts about hard and easy choices if we don't recognise that element of the concept.

I am certain that you can recognise on the forum  , that the "choice idea" has been used as a form of put down of others. Concept abuse IMHO

Oh and well done for your efforts in tackling the booze. Wish I could let the fags go .

• To the family in Lidl's this afternoon: Please don't let your grubby looking child sit on the packing bench. That's where people put their groceries, it's not designed for her and besides it's just plain unhygenic.

To the town planners who thought widening the main road into Plymouth during summer would be a good idea: IT WASN'T!! We've put up with the traffic jams and diversions for long enough, I can't believe it's going on until October. And don't get me started on the three way traffic light system along the back of Cattedown. image

• hmmm getting a bit wordy and moral on here now image 

To all the people who drive like tossers. You only impress other tossers. especially the ones who drive down my road, a long quiet residentail road with a couple of blind summits and bends, at 60 mph.

you are tossers and funnily enough you mostly drive BMWs

• goldbeetle wrote (see)

you are tossers and funnily enough you mostly drive BMWs

Audis  

• To the chavvy family who live next door to me: Good job for your children's sake that my husband doesn't drive along the road at the same speed you do or you'd be arranging either hospital visits or funerals.

To the chavvy children next door: Look before you decide to run across the road!

• Dear Mark Thompson, Mark Byford, Alan Yentob and the other self-enriching self-aggrandizing panjandrums under whom I have the misfortune to labour. No you cannot steal or degrade the pension pot that I have already been paying into for 20 years. Especially when you have not only your own overflowing Corporation pension pots but a slush fund as well. You and your self-serving cronies have lined your own pockets and enjoyed ballooning salaries, awarded by yourselves to yourselves, while the rest of us have had diddly squat in the past few years. You have given people the impression that everybody in the BBC has a fat wage and glides happily from one freebie to the next. And you have signally failed in your duty to "lead" the BBC and see off its mediocre critics in the Daily Mail, the Murdoch empire and elsewhere. You say that you could earn more in the private sector. That's what Michael Grade said, and look what happened to him. And yes, I damn well will strike if you don't give me back my pension, which I have already paid for.
  • Alan Yentob and his plush mates make me want to upchuck in my shorts.
  • Alan Yentob - what a bore and he looks like a koala that's been run over.
  • Lee the Pea wrote (see)
    LIVERBIRD wrote (see)

She is WELL better looking than you are! Do you have an enormous penis or a sparkling personality?

*edited because Wilkie's about!image

Is that directed at me? image  Might be true right enough anyway.....  Or did someone I have on ignore just post something after me? image

BTW I don't have an enormous penis, though i wouldn't mind finding a man with one of those attached.  i know some enormous penises though image

Of course not Lee! You are GAWJUSS and twas indeed a cross post! LOL at knowing a few penises though - me too!

Sprint - I have to say I agreed with a good deal of what you ranted about. I don't know much about tats though because I haven't got one! My grandad did though and he regretted his....image

• LB I thought you had big tats?
    Maybe I misheard ?
  • Quite big, defo not droopy....image
  • JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭
    Sprint for the line wrote (see)
    JWrun wrote (see)

You got a cob-on again sprint? image

Some of your comments show some naivety (just being honest) but I do agree with you on Crocs being a mistake of humanity and WTF is it about Harry Potter???? image

Hello JWrun, 

Naivety really is in the eye of the beholder, and it's only definded by your own opinions. If you feel I am being naive, then so be it. I'm quite sure I could formulate opinions on your opinions, but that would still make it my definition of your thoughts.

Moral compasses only point in the direction that we have been taught and chose. If mine differs in direction, it does not make it wrong or naive, but maybe just different to your direction.

if you like image
  • Ok, so you have to have blonde hair and hold a water bottle to join this gym...I get it now.
  • You could dye your hair and hold a bottle you big shaggy dog youimage
  • JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭

To the sweaty grubster inthe gym who was on the bike before me this morning........WIPE IT DOWN for heavens sake!

• Dear Mum & Dad of Tim & Lucy

It's been lovely staying in the same hotel as you for the past couple of days - NOT.  Your children may be only 4 and 3 but it's not too early to teach some manners or instil some discipline into them.  You may be able to switch off when they stand on the chairs at mealtimes and scream, the rest of us do not have that luxury.  Dinner last night was bad enough, breakfast this morning .... you are lucky they still have heads as I am not a morning person.  I don't think Daddy is either as he came down just after Mummy had dragged them off.  Mummy was on solo at dinner again tonight.

I also don't appreciate them throwing gravel at my car.  I know it's not scratch free but I can manage that on my own.  I will not apologise for growling at little Lucy and Tim for that one.

The races you were encouraging them in along the hardwood floored corridor outside my bedroom door yesterday evening sounded great fun.  I had been awake for 36 hours at that point and didn't feel fresh enough to join in as I was trying to rest.

If I can work out which car is yours before I leave tomorrow morning - my bet is on one of the 4x4s - then I may smear dog turd on your door handles accidentally.  Sorry!

TP x

• I'm just so angry that I'm speechless.

Sorry to let you all down.

• I'm really angry that I'm leaving my job today but don't really have anything to rant about in my leaving speech.
  • To people on planes - Why the hell do you need to put your seat down and make my already cramped space even more so.  We're only going to Spain for f*cks sake.  Surely you can stay sat up for the 2 1/2 hours this flight will take?!?!

To one work collaegue - I don't want to hear about your drinking too much and 'forgetting' to have dinner.  I don't find it clever or amusing and regularly arriving at work smelling of alcohol suggests you may have a problem.  And you're a man, for goodness sake, stop going on aout feeling 'fat and/or bloated'.  If you didn't consume vast quantities of lager on a nightly basis you might not feel that way.

To another work colleague - Please just shut the f*ck up.  You sit a good 10 metres away and there are several partitions between us, yet I can still hear you phonecalls and conversations far more than anybody elses, and frankly, I find the things you say incredibly tedious.  And further to that if you are going to neglect to wash your hands after going to the toilet then please don't come and sit on my desk or touch my things.  I have to wipe down all surfaces and my keyboard and phone with anit bacterial wipes afterwards.  Having cats and horses is not an excuse for dirty clothes.  And stop cracking onto the young men in the office.  They find you old and vile!

Ooh, I feel better for that!

• Lol Angel!  Nothing worse than a lech that doesn't realise folk wouldn't have a bar of them! hehehehe

My rant for today:

Dear lotto machine, please pick my fecking numbers because i'm sick of dreaming about being able to buy a flat, but never actually having the money to do so.  My wages will not be up to the task for quite some time, and i'm sick of flat sharing with students more than a decade younger than me who leave long hair and pubes all over the bathroom image I thank you. image

• oooooh only just found this thread and I like it.

Right, rant of the day for me is to the school bus driver who thought it amusing to drive past the bus stop and leave my youngest son stranded on his first day!!!!  image  Well thankfully his elder sister was with him and got ya number......been on the phone and betcha regret that now!!!!  Bliddy tosspot is a regular for bullying those kids.

image  Ooooh I think I may be a regular on here. image

• Dear postman,

Just fucking do your job and actually deliver my post. Don't leave me a red card timed 10.46am for me to find at 10.30am. It makes you look like an incompetent liar who can't even lie properly.

No I won't pick it up from the sorting office, 30 minutes walk away. You are the POSTman. Therefore, deliver my post.

Royal Fail. What a crock of shit.
  • For God's sake you are here to watch a film not Eat for England.  Can you really not sit through one film without rustling sweet wrappers, opening noisy packets of sweets/crisps and crunching and munching all through the whole f....ing thing.  you're all really fat anyway and the last thing you need is all that crap you are shovelling into your gob.  If you are going to stuff your face at least do it quietly.

• Flipperjane wrote (see)

For God's sake you are here to watch a film not Eat for England.  Can you really not sit through one film without rustling sweet wrappers, opening noisy packets of sweets/crisps and crunching and munching all through the whole f....ing thing.  you're all really fat anyway and the last thing you need is all that crap you are shovelling into your gob.  If you are going to stuff your face at least do it quietly.

YES! This drives me mad too. 

Sometimes I wish they would ban food from cinemas but they wont as they make loads of money selling people overpriced popcorn.

• Flipperjane wrote (see)

For God's sake you are here to watch a film not Eat for England.  Can you really not sit through one film without rustling sweet wrappers, opening noisy packets of sweets/crisps and crunching and munching all through the whole f....ing thing.  you're all really fat anyway and the last thing you need is all that crap you are shovelling into your gob.  If you are going to stuff your face at least do it quietly.

Top rant! image
  • To those people who dump their stuff for recycling in a bag in the vague direction of the recycling bins so the whole area is effectively swathed in litter- you are lazy and disgusting!!