What have I done to my foot?

Can anyone help?

I have been running for a number of years now and have managed to stay relatively injury free over that time, however, recently whilst upping my mileage a little in prep for a half mara in Sept, I have been having problems with my left foot post runs.

The only way I can describe it is like shin splints on the top of my foot (there is a little swelling aswell), it doesn't hurt while I am running, it is usually a number of hours after, I ran 12.2 miles on Sunday and Monday I was limping, it was fine again by Wed so I did a 6.5 tempo run last night and it was fine and now it is starting to hurt again, can anyone advise?

I do a mix of trail and road running, got the right shoes etc but this is starting to get me down now, I'm feeling quite fit at the moment and don't really want to reduce my running as worried about losing fitness, I guess I am doing between 25-30 miles per week atm

help! 

Comments

• this sounds a lot like the injury i,m carrying mine started about three weeks ago , swelling to the top of foot and pain walking the next day even though i could run throgh the pain. At first i left it a week tried a five mile run foot was fine then next day it was swollen and walking with a limp, did this twice with the same results.gonna leave it now for acouple of weeks but cycle every day to try and keep up fitness good luck
  • Hi I have somethin similar, after a hard off road run 5-6 miles. Only started aching this year, i thought it was arthritis but am not sure.
    There is no swelling, right foot mainly aches across toes, underneath right side of foot,in fact nearly everywhere.!! Alright once i am running but really stiff and achy next couple of days.....what is it....please...!!!!
  • Hi
    I am going to jog today, feet do not ache as much, but i still felt them when i was walking the dogs over multi terrain.
    Will let you know!
  • placed a hot wheat bag around feet last night after a hard run, feet feel good today apart from a niggle underneath outside of right foot.
  • In agree with D2D

If you push very lightly on the top of your foot (on the painful bit) does it feel crunchy?

HW

• Sounds crazy but i,ve not had time holiday, work and stuff .This time i had two weeks off running and on thursday did four miles ,next day no pain or swelling so Friday i did five with the same results so i think imay be ok now fingers crossed , keep you informed